SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#169018 - 01/27/04 02:11 PM PA1xPro
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I picked up my PA1xpro last night!!!
Need to find time now to dig into it. If you owned a Korg before, and I have, (I30 & PA80) you will have a head start. If I can answer any questions for anyone interested I will give it my best shot!
My first impression is .... It is everything they said it would be!!
My first impression and comments on the Piano have changed. I am very satisfied with it. My suggestion to anyone who demoes this KB is to make sure the Velocity and Aftertouch are set to your liking and the volumes are set up properly. This will affect, IMO, your judgement of the PA1xpro.
This KB is not for the "Faint of Heart" it is heavy and long! But I may add Built like a tank.
The vocal processor is terrific. I can not imagine anyone being disappointed.
I will not comment on the Sounds because we have been down that road far too many times.
I like the styles, they are simple but not boring. Tastful would be a good word. Yes there are similarities to the PA80 and the I30 but this is, for sure, a Major step up!!!

#169019 - 01/27/04 02:13 PM Re: PA1xPro
Dnj Offline

JC....Good luck with your new KB....keep us posted as you progess ok? maybe share a few demos also>>>>

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-27-2004).]

#169020 - 01/27/04 02:27 PM Re: PA1xPro
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Congrats and welcome to the club!

#169021 - 01/27/04 03:33 PM Re: PA1xPro
Wings Offline

Loc: WestCoast of Norway
Congrats and welcome in experiencing arranger-heaven.

Wings.

#169022 - 01/27/04 04:02 PM Re: PA1xPro
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
JC,
Can te harmonizer follow chords played with the right hand IF the arranger is triggered from the left?
On the PA series - the harmonizer only follows the arranger section.

#169023 - 01/27/04 05:15 PM Re: PA1xPro
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
JCKeeys,

Why don't you invite us all over for a beer so we can play it with you?

What time you want us there?

Al

Great Luck and best wishes with your new kb.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#169024 - 01/27/04 08:36 PM Re: PA1xPro
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
UD ... I have not tried it BUT the manual states there is a "In Note Range-High" and a "In Note Range-Low" for the Voice Processor.
In the Global: Midi (Tab) Midi In Control.
Low (for left hand triggering) would be 0.
I would assume setting this where the KB split is and the upper at 76 would do the trick. I will give it a try and let you know.

Kbrkr ... If you want to travel to Long Island the beer is on me!!!!

This KB SMOKES!!!!

#169025 - 01/28/04 01:22 AM Re: PA1xPro
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
JC,

great to see your enthousiasm, I am looking forward to my PA1x (speaker version).
As you know I was set on purchasing the Ketron SD1 but I changed my mind after playing it for a couple of hours. Now I know for a fact that you just sold your SD1 in favour of this new Korg beastie.
I wrote an appraisal of the SD1 (versus the Korg PA-80, not having the new Korg yet), perhaps you could comment on my assessment of the Ketron there. (see: "Korg instead of Ketron SD1").
No doubt we'll be hearing from one another in the year ahead !!!

regards,
john

#169026 - 01/28/04 04:27 AM Re: PA1xPro
Dnj Offline

JC....if that Pax runs Voc Harmony with the Right hand .....
Uncle Dave will have to dump the 7k & get one ASAP..
Speaker version that is...

#169027 - 01/28/04 05:34 AM Re: PA1xPro
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The speakers will have to be at least as good as the old PA series, and I'm hoping for better, actually. The PA80 speakers broke up too easily with the added stress of my vocals and the pc input.

I still don't like the patterns (especially the drums) as much as the others I've had, but I'm working around that by using more manual bass and backing files.

I demand a lot from my kb sound system, and so far the kn7k has handled it the best.
It's the loudest and fullest of the portable ones yet. I understand that the genisis is great, but it's too big to consider, and i was never a GEM fan anyway, so there's a lot of baggage in the way of me and a GEM product.

The new PZ1x also has to be light and compact. If it's as deep and heavy as the psr9k ..... there's no shot that we'll come together. If not ..... hmmmm, we'll see?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online