SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#168981 - 07/05/05 03:38 AM Re: News about TYROS-2
to the genesys Offline

Very unfortunate that Yamaha is not considering a module of the new Tyros. I think that would have made Yamaha totally dominate the arranger market. I hope they would reconsider.

Regarding the spects for the new Tyros, I will reserve comments until the last spects are confirmed or maybe when some one actually plays the keyboard.

#168982 - 07/05/05 04:55 AM Re: News about TYROS-2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
3700 euros???
That's insane.

Not true, don't worry.
My dealer here in Milan told me today that the price for the standard ( empty) version will be close 2200 Euros and the XXL ( empry too) close the 3990 Euros.
Your frien roel forget to tell you how much will cost the HD, the USB Floppy, the 16/32Mb RAM expansion, the optional sound board expansion, for the 16 bit DA......

Customers then are allowed to connect one external 76/88 masterkeyboard, one external MP3 player, maybe one Akai sampler and EMU synth or better one PC laptop for transfer by USB the songs library and the samples..
Missing some else? one sequencer? editor??

Anyway, it's not so expensive for a 61 keys, but is more powerfull 10 times than T1 and 30 times than G-70 and with this powerfull sure is sounds better than 40 CD players...( maybe 200Mhz CPU...funny)

Better buy one PA-X, is the best one embedded keyboard with more powerfull and expansion possibility.
Just look the design of all tyros models, only plastic like a toys, G-70 and PA-X look like a true professional keyboard.

Tyros 2 like the Oasys are two new marketing hole.
want the probe?

Oasys will cost more than 9000 Euros and they sell now the PCI Oasys card for 700 Euros ( and nobody will buy the card too for 700 Euros..incredible)
And IF the PCI card will cost only 700 Euros, why the keyboard MUST cost 9000 Euros? For what? for the BIG 640X480 LCD monitor? for the 76 keys? for the nice led's buttons??

Same now happen with Tyros 2....what really have more powerfull than the Tyros 1??

Is always the same soup warmed up....

Enjoy Tyros 2 with Roel.....
Cheers

#168983 - 07/05/05 05:03 AM Re: News about TYROS-2
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Domenico,
considering that you are HEAVILY interested in marketing and selling another keyboard, I would appreciate if you had the good taste of avoiding any comments in threads like this one.

P.S.: thanks for the info re. the Tyros 2 price; 2200 euros seems a fair price to me.

#168984 - 07/05/05 05:16 AM Re: News about TYROS-2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Domenico,
considering that you are HEAVILY interested in marketing and selling another keyboard, I would appreciate if you had the good taste of avoiding any comments in threads like this one.

P.S.: thanks for the info re. the Tyros 2 price; 2200 euros seems a fair price to me.

Sorry
I had typed wrong..
the standard model cost around 3200 Euros..sorry again for my mistake

#168985 - 07/05/05 11:56 AM Re: News about TYROS-2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by VegaVagga:
Why don't you consider the Roland G-70?

There are two reasons I won't go for the G-70.

1 - I don't want to go through the hassle of tweaking all my user styles;

2 - I checked out the G 70 demos and videos on line and failed to find anything that I would want, that I can't yet do on my Tyros.

#168986 - 07/05/05 12:23 PM Re: News about TYROS-2
VegaVagga Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
There are two reasons I won't go for the G-70.

1 - I don't want to go through the hassle of tweaking all my user styles;

2 - I checked out the G 70 demos and videos on line and failed to find anything that I would want, that I can't yet do on my Tyros.

Here are a few:

1) Instant assignable Slow down/speed up button
2) Fills can be triggered by key pressure
3) Change style instruments on the fly
4) D-beam for many uses
5) Many interesting arrenger options in Util menus.

#168987 - 07/05/05 02:00 PM Re: News about TYROS-2
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by VegaVagga:

Here are a few:

1) Instant assignable Slow down/speed up button
2) Fills can be triggered by key pressure
3) Change style instruments on the fly
4) D-beam for many uses
5) Many interesting arrenger options in Util menus.

Out of the 5 things you mention, 1 would deffinitely be of interest of me, and possibly 2 as well.

However the other 3 are not ma'alos for me. I don't need to change my styles on the fly - I do that at home; I never was able to work out what is so great about the d-beam; and for arranging I use Cubase and Logic...

Playable mega-brass and saxes are much more important to me. Obviously they'll have to be pretty good - if I can get squauks and squeals out of my trumpets - that is something that could take my sound to a different level.

I would possibly give the G-70 more thought if I didn't already have my user styles programmed for the Ty - but the fact is I do, and I'm not planning to tweak them for another board!

Chony

PS: Btw, you can change style instruments on the fly with the Ty as well.

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 07-05-2005).]

#168988 - 07/08/05 05:06 PM Re: News about TYROS-2
Roel Offline

Scott,
My dealer heard from a Yamaha representative the housing dimensions are the same as T-1.

#168989 - 07/08/05 05:15 PM Re: News about TYROS-2
chony Offline

I wonder if we would have to buy new speakers, or if the Ty1's would work...

#168990 - 07/09/05 09:22 AM Re: News about TYROS-2
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Scott,
My dealer heard from a Yamaha representative the housing dimensions are the same as T-1.

Ouch! Same dimensions and still just 61 keys... They could have shortened it up at least 6 inches with only 61 keys, making it more portable and not to mention lighter too.

I guess they made it the same size as the Ty 1 to give it more of a Professional size look. The Tyros 1 does look very nice up on a stage. It has a very eye catching 'presence'.

I assume the Ty 2 will have that same 'presence' but don't forget to tie it down so it doesn't accidentally fly away.

Fly away... You know, B2 Stealth Bomber.. Ah, forget it....

No 76 keys, no sell... PERIOD!

How many other people are going to say the same thing? A huge mistake on Yammies part in my opinion.

Btw, the reason I think the 9000PRO only sold around 10% of what the PSR 9000 sales were, was #1. the price was a $1,000 more and you didn't get speakers. #2. There were early reports that the Chip was underpowered (which it is) causing operating glitches and potential customers shied away as a result in my opinion. #3. Even though the weight was less than that of the PSR 9000 it was and is considered on the heavy side in regards to portability so people instead opted for the speakers included version, which btw was an astonishing (at the time) 26W x2.

What makes things different today is the perception of Arrangers is changing and are becoming more accepted in the eyes of other musicians, so more people in my opinion would be more open to purchasing an Arranger as long as the features are in line with what is already available to them such as 76 or 88 key versions etc., resulting in more sales than what the PSR 9000PRO garnered during its tenure because of better perceived acceptability within the market.

Another factor is the weight issue. If a Ty 2 or 3 with 76 keys could be made weighing around 30 lbs or less it would be a big selling point and would garner many more additional sales.

The Chip needs to be advanced enough to handle all the instructions sent to it with ease. And the price needs to be comparable to a 61 key version. Maybe $400 more at most.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online