SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#168952 - 07/29/06 05:04 AM OT - just entered a song contest!
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Hi Guys,

I just entered a local radio's song contest. I've never done anything like this before! I can't believe it but there are only 9 other songs listed so far.

If you'd like to have a look, here's the link:
http://www.radioaire.co.uk/Article.asp?id=239243

My song is called 'Weightless' which some of you may have heard before. Band name is 'Carrie Lynn' (really imaginative, I know)

The winner may get some radio air time and gets to do a live performance somewhere. I have NO IDEA how I'd do this sort of stuff live. I'll worry about that later if I need to I guess

Carrie

#168953 - 07/29/06 07:36 AM Re: OT - just entered a song contest!
MrEd Offline

Carrie, thats good news.
"Weightless" is one of my favorites of yours, although you have a few others that you have treated us to in the past that would also be good candidates for the radio program.

Did you get around to recording any new stuff with the 3000? A couple of months back, you had mentioned that it was in your plans, if you got some free time.

Good Luck!

#168954 - 07/29/06 08:08 AM Re: OT - just entered a song contest!
Carrie-uk Offline

MrEd,

No, I still haven't recorded anything with my 3000. I've tried and tried to make it cooperate with Cubase, but just can't figure it out. No matter what I do it just doesn't work - styles play back all wrong, piano notes playing drum parts, etc. I've thrown my hands up in frustration with it!

I still play it all the time, just for fun mostly.

#168955 - 07/29/06 08:14 AM Re: OT - just entered a song contest!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Carrie: Really enjoyed your vocals & recording mix. Ok, if you didn't record this on the PSR3000, what keyboard did you use for this tune? Thanks for sharing.

Scott

#168956 - 07/29/06 10:49 AM Re: OT - just entered a song contest!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Carrie,

love that song.
I rember hearing it before, but I forgot what KB you used to record it.
Would you enlighten us again?

Thanks for sharing and good luck winning this contest.

You got my vote.

Eric

#168957 - 07/29/06 11:02 AM Re: OT - just entered a song contest!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Carrie,

just listened to some more song from the radio.
Looks like you have a little competition with Bianca.
She is pretty good.
But you still got my vote.

Eric

#168958 - 07/29/06 11:30 AM Re: OT - just entered a song contest!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Carrie....I also enjoyed your song, I enjoyed it enough to vote for it...and as Eric stated, Bianca also sounds good but I voted for you...good luck and post some more tunes.....
TR

#168959 - 07/30/06 02:42 AM Re: OT - just entered a song contest!
Carrie-uk Offline

Thanks very much guys! I didn't know if my fellow Americans would be able to cast votes on their site or not.

Scott, the lyrics and vocals were done by one of my good friends. I'm trying to get her listed as a 'band' member.

I used a Yamaha CS6x for all the sounds in this song - everything except the drums. The drums are commercial drum loop samples. I did do the cymbol hits and snare drum rolls by hand, however.

I used Cubase SX for all the sequencing. I just wish it were as easy to use my 3000 with Cubase. Sequencing with a computer is the only way I know how to work.

It should be just as easy to record styles into Cubase as it is recording synth arpeggiators, but I can't seem to do it. I think I'm going to try recording a song on the 3000, transfer it to the computer hard drive and open it up in Cubase to see if it will playback correctly.

You can read a bit about this now vintage CS6x synth here if you like:
http://tinyurl.com/z35e5

[This message has been edited by Carrie-uk (edited 07-30-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online