SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#168810 - 11/08/07 04:51 PM Re: How can manufacturers make Arranger KB's EASIER to Operate in Your opinion?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
How about an indexed, full-blown, hands-on demonstration DVD of all, and I mean ALL, the keyboard's capabilities. The time saved in fiddling about and frustration would be enormous and make the product far more attractive to the prospective buyer.

Manufacturers spend large amounts on R&D, so to spend a bit more on putting together such an obvious aid, I think would tip the scales for someone who'd love to buy a keyboard, but is intimidated by the technology.

#168811 - 11/08/07 05:25 PM Re: How can manufacturers make Arranger KB's EASIER to Operate in Your opinion?
mr9000 Offline

Just select the layer R1, R2, L1 etc that you wish to change and the rest of the voices (Layers) will stay the same.
---------
Thx Bill,but there's no way around trying to modify a voice in the R2,R3/Left-position,without the keyboard always defaulting to the R1 voice only in
'custom voice' mode.(Psr9000)
Sure would be nice to be able to freeze say R2,while changing to a different registration bank.

#168812 - 11/08/07 09:31 PM Re: How can manufacturers make Arranger KB's EASIER to Operate in Your opinion?
Dnj Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by renig:
How about an indexed, full-blown, hands-on demonstration DVD of all, and I mean ALL, the keyboard's capabilities. The time saved in fiddling about and frustration would be enormous and make the product far more attractive to the prospective buyer.

Manufacturers spend large amounts on R&D, so to spend a bit more on putting together such an obvious aid, I think would tip the scales for someone who'd love to buy a keyboard, but is intimidated by the technology.
[/QUOT

YES SIR

#168813 - 11/09/07 12:19 PM Re: How can manufacturers make Arranger KB's EASIER to Operate in Your opinion?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think the main thing that all arranger manufacturers can do to make them easier to operate is to ensure that the registration data memorizes the COMPLETE state of the instrument. No more 'this data is stored here', 'that data is stored there', and 'the MIDI setup is stored here'...

If you want to go from one registration using internal sounds to a reg. that uses a few external modules (where most arrangers will make you change MIDI configurations), or change chord recognition modes mid song, or just about anything that currently involves at least two separate load functions, it should ALL be one button.

ONE registration to bind them all...

And another thing...? Make sure that changing from ANY registration to any other registration is completely seamless. No voices get cut off, no glitches in the sound while parameters change, no hiccups in timing, no nothing. You should be able to change EVERYTHING on the fly without the slightest loss of flow.

Lastly... FAR more comprehensive 'HOLD' functions. You should be able to put a HOLD on just about anything, from Tones to Split points, to recognition modes, to tempi, and not have OTS over-ride or new registration change your 'held' parameters. Most arrangers can hold SOME parameters, but none (AFAIK) give you a comprehensive set. Everyone uses an arranger differently, expecting one limited set to cover ALL the possibilities is unrealistic.

#168814 - 11/09/07 04:49 PM Re: How can manufacturers make Arranger KB's EASIER to Operate in Your opinion?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Re. my previous post, I'd forgotten about this gem for Korg Pa1X and Pa800 boards:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26292

#168815 - 11/09/07 10:48 PM Re: How can manufacturers make Arranger KB's EASIER to Operate in Your opinion?
mr9000 Offline

Lastly... FAR more comprehensive 'HOLD' functions,should be able to put a HOLD on just about anything, from Tones to Split points, to recognition modes, to tempo..
----
Glad to see there are others who need some freezing options!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online