SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#168176 - 05/11/06 11:02 AM PRETEC Flash Drive
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I bought this 128 MB flash drive the other day at Fry's. It states on the package it is for both 1.1 and 2.0 USB. It is packaged under the name of I-DISK AQUA. Isn't that a grand name for a piece of junk
I plugged it into my desk top and it did not work, but it did work in both laptops.
I wrote them an email and they said plug it into the ports on the back of the computer.
I moved the computer and some cables and finally got to one of the empty USB ports on the rear and with the help of a mirror I was able to plug it in and it worked there.
I then wrote them and asked why this is? It works in all the ports in the laptops that are 2.0 but only in the rear ports of this Sony VAIO 755 that is 1.1 USB.
That makes it useless to me to transfer "stuff" from this desktop to the laptops, or the Tyros 2 keyboard.
WHY IS THIS?
I forgot to mention that three other flash drives I use work in all ports in all computers including the tyros 2?
Appreciate your replies.
Since the date of this post I have sent several more emails to their so called technical support dept and still no replies to any of them.
MY WARNING IS: DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCT WITH THIS COMPANYS NAME ON IT THAT IS PRETEC ELECTRONICS CORP IN FREMONT, CALIFORNIA.
It is junk and they do not support their products.
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 05-19-2006).]

#168177 - 05/12/06 10:16 AM Re: PRETEC Flash Drive
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Bill,

The problem isn't with the flash drive it's your computer. You see you bought a Sony and it is a Japanese computer made on the other side of the world. If you were to take your computer to Japan, the computer would be reversed. The back would be the front and the front would be the back. It's kind of like English cars with the steering wheel on the right side. If you had bought a computer made for the U.S. it would work as you had planned.

Tom

Tom

#168178 - 05/12/06 10:50 AM Re: PRETEC Flash Drive
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
A solution, maybe, would be use an extension cable pluged at the rear port!

Armando

#168179 - 05/12/06 06:46 PM Re: PRETEC Flash Drive
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Bill,

The problem isn't with the flash drive it's your computer. You see you bought a Sony and it is a Japanese computer made on the other side of the world. If you were to take your computer to Japan, the computer would be reversed. The back would be the front and the front would be the back. It's kind of like English cars with the steering wheel on the right side. If you had bought a computer made for the U.S. it would work as you had planned.

Tom

Thanks Tom,
You were my inspiration. From your post, It occured to me that all I had to do was turn the computer around and face the front towards Japan and now everything works fine.
Thank you so much. Now I owe ya
Bebop

#168180 - 05/12/06 06:48 PM Re: PRETEC Flash Drive
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SD_FAN:

A solution, maybe, would be use an extension cable pluged at the rear port!

Armando

I did just that, thank you Armando
Bebop

#168181 - 05/13/06 03:31 PM Re: PRETEC Flash Drive
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Bill,

Glad I could be of assistance.

Tom

Tom

#168182 - 05/19/06 04:02 PM Re: PRETEC Flash Drive
BEBOP Offline

note updates to original post and be warned not to buy this product or this companies products, as they are junk and not supported.
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online