SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#208601 - 05/18/06 08:02 AM TRYOS 2 MFD.........can you use an MFD from the 3K ?
Dnj Offline

Just want to know if you can use MFD from a 3k & load into the TYROS 2.....or do you have to redo it all over again?

#208602 - 05/18/06 08:07 AM Re: TRYOS 2 MFD.........can you use an MFD from the 3K ?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Donny

Use Michael Bedesem's program to convert your 3K info to Tyros 2. You can have it show a default style like Zaouk to show which styles are not on the T2 and only have a few you'll have to redo then.
http://www.svpworld.com/util_mfdview.htm

Best
Scott

#208603 - 05/18/06 08:08 AM Re: TRYOS 2 MFD.........can you use an MFD from the 3K ?
Dnj Offline

OK scott......so I have to convert my 3k MFD to T2 format.......no problem......
IM also working on the Bose 161's

#208604 - 05/18/06 08:09 AM Re: TRYOS 2 MFD.........can you use an MFD from the 3K ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
MusicFinder View 2.04 will convert music finder files from one instrument to another. You can make a Tyros2 file from a PSR3000 file. MusicFinderView will identify all records where the style specified is not available on the target instrument. This can be changed individually using Edit, in a group using Replace or a default style substituted along with a Keyword flag.

Scott

#208605 - 05/18/06 12:22 PM Re: TRYOS 2 MFD.........can you use an MFD from the 3K ?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
One other note. I have found that while most styles with the same names are similar enough to the 3K/Tyros1 are fine, some styles with the same name will be a big surprise. So, you will probably want to do a quick test on the tunes you're going to play before knowing for sure that it will sound right to you.

One example from my experience is the song Summertime. I used Organ Ballad as on my demo page on my web site.

A few days after I got the T2 I went out to play without really double checking things. So it turned out the Organ Ballad on the T2 is a lot different. Starting with the intro which didn't fit to the actual style variations. It turned out they changed the beat enough on it that none of the variations sounded that great for that song.

Of course, if you use OTS settings you'll need to check into that.

ScottL

#208606 - 05/18/06 02:54 PM Re: TRYOS 2 MFD.........can you use an MFD from the 3K ?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny,

I thought you didn't use the MFD.

Scott,

I've been having some problems with Music Finder View lately, and during the past few days have been working with Michael trying to fix the bugs. He's now up to 2.09, several problems have been fixed, but there are still a few that must be addressed.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#208607 - 05/18/06 03:06 PM Re: TRYOS 2 MFD.........can you use an MFD from the 3K ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
during the past few days have been working with Michael trying to fix the bugs. He's now up to 2.09.

Hi Gar, thanks for the heads up regarding the latest version 2.09. Time for me to upgrade from 2.03 I guess. It's so hard to keep up with the constant revision enhancements.

Interestingly enough, on Tyros2, I've grown less and less to rely on my custom MFD to actually load songs. Because MFD (still) doesn't store CUSTOM: EQ, EFX (reverb etc), transpose, reg, and lyrics text, I now call up my core repetoire from custom REGs. On the other hand, I continue to value MFD for performing song searches: by genre, artist, and other custom search criteria. I remain hopeful that Yamaha will take my video documented interview (recorded by them), to increase Music Finder's power to include calling up custom REGISTRATIONS & STYLES, stored either in preset, user, as well as hard drive or remote USB Flash. This would basically make MusicFinder the CENTRAL place (master control window) to go to call up all PERFORMANCE songs from. It remains to be seen now whether or not Yamaha will take the ball and run with it.

- Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-18-2006).]

#208608 - 05/18/06 09:08 PM Re: TRYOS 2 MFD.........can you use an MFD from the 3K ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Donny,I thought you didn't use the MFD.

Gary correct I never use the MFD its useless for my needs .....all my live songs are done with registrations & mostly user styles its much more proficient for me in so many ways when performing ....UNLESS, as stated above by Scotts great requests to Yamaha for the Very NEEDED MFD changes as stated in the above post, I wonder if they can do this via USB upgrades!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-18-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-19-2006).]

#208609 - 05/19/06 04:17 PM Re: TRYOS 2 MFD.........can you use an MFD from the 3K ?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I would think that any changes could be made to the MFD's parameters via updates on the T2's operating system. Whether or not they will do this is another matter entirely. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online