SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#167946 - 12/26/03 01:11 PM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
It appears that Vegas (so far) has garnered the most (14) member interest as a potential Synthzone get together 'convention' site :

Scottyee; trtjazz; nardoni2002; 3351; msutliff; TomTomSF; Nigel; Bebop; SBPC; RichardPeck; Irngkybrd; Tom Cavanaugh; brickboo, Jack Ness

As a SZ member who's had the terrific opportunity to meet a number of Synthzone members in person, as well participating in group member music jam situations, still feel that a larger more structured event (convention) will offer
unique advantages not available otherwise, such as: arranger KB master class-clinic workshops either presented by manufacterers or presently solely by our experienced pro arranger musician members. In addition, both formal concert performances & keyboard jam sessions put on by Synthzone members could be held offering us the unique opportunity learn how we each differently utilize our arrangers.

If more member interest (say at least 30 people) show serious interest in attending a Synthzone get together (convention?) in Vegas, then I think it worth the time to begin to lay the groundwork for a Synthzone Convention in Las Vegas. I myself am willing to perform a concert and/or conduct an arranger workshop class. In addition Chris Anthony (former Roland & GEM artist) has also extended his hand to assist (perhaps with a concert performance & or workshop?) as well. To All: If you're interested in attending a Synthzone Convention get together in Las Vegas, or elsewhere, please let your voice be heard. I'm confident we can make this happen if we really want it.

Scott

#167947 - 12/26/03 02:32 PM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
i think boo ,s idea would be good,who says you have to hire a place in the centre of vegas,let,s say westwood ho is cheap then the reps could set up a booking for a mini convention there,or nearby, and pass the info onto the rest of us,then if it works, great, if it flops no harm done,your not talking about mega bucks,it would still restrict me to june, but go with the majority and see what happens,scottyee make the call let,s see what happens ps. i heard that room rates monday to friday in vegas are cheap but weekends,WOW

#167948 - 12/26/03 04:37 PM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Room rates and Rv Park rates are much cheaper sunday through Thursday. RV parks usually have big clubhouses that could be used too.
We went to Vegas for two weeks last memorial day and it was 110 to 115 every day and that was in May/June. We stayed a week got our money back and went trucking over to the coast for the second week. Two AC's in the motorhome run 24 hours a day just to keep up
Timing is everything, just like in music.
Think about it.
Bebop

#167949 - 12/26/03 05:08 PM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Great Idea Scott,
I did this a couple years back for my IRC Forum and had about 50 people come from all over the world to San Jose for 5 days and we really had a great time.

Hi Bebop, looks like you're the perfect guy to head our first official Synthzone Convention Event. Wadda you say? - Scott

#167950 - 12/26/03 05:28 PM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
May thru September should not be considered. Too miserably hot in Vegas. Early Spring or fall would be ideal.

Of course if we have it near Carmel Cal., it can be the middle of August. It only gets 72 for the high even then.

#167951 - 12/26/03 09:03 PM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
KN_Fan Offline

I think we should shoot for "mini" convention rather than a big convention.

Yeah- It doesn't have to be at the strip either.

my 02.

#167952 - 12/27/03 07:57 AM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KN_Fan:
I think we should shoot for "mini" convention rather than a big convention.

Mega, mini, or midi, doesn't matter to me, I'm interested in meeting in Las Vegas for a Synthzone event no matter what the size, though I do agree with Boo that the desert heat of summer (May-Sept) is too hot. Mid-late October seems like a good choice to me. - Scott

#167953 - 12/27/03 08:19 AM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
Maybe that's the way we do it. Mini-conventions based on areas of the country. Who's up for an East-Coast swing? Donny, UD, Tony Mads, et al?

Angelo

#167954 - 12/27/03 08:27 AM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I really think that doing something in conjunction with a Summer NAMM has so many opportunities and advantages, like the venders are all there and everybody wants to see the new stuff, that it's worth while checking out. The major hurdle would be SZ members getting into the show... and I can't help but think that SOMEHOW that could materialize.

George, Dan, any NAMM members, what do you think?

Here's the upcoming Summer NAMM schedule:
7/23/2004 - Nashville
7/23/2005 - Indianapolis
7/14/2006 - Austin

#167955 - 12/27/03 08:42 AM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
trtjazz Offline

Glenn
Great idea, make some calls and see if it's possible to make it happen.

Perhaps one of the companies themselves could sponsor us as a group.....hello companies?

What I would not count on hapeening, is that the companies during NAMM would then setup somewhere else just for us. If anything, we would have to get credentials allowing us into the show.

Nigel, is there a way to get credentials through your contacts from the promoters for "synthzone members" perhaps?
Gerorge or Dan O perhpas through several of the comnpanies themselves?

Then we might all meet outside of the show someplace for a get together / workshops arrangement.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 12-27-2003).]

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online