SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#167491 - 10/05/06 07:20 AM Re: Roland’s Terrifyingly Ugly Mega-Keyboard: Roland E-80
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
the instrument looks great. ikn fact it looks like a PA1X so its bloody gorgeous !!!

#167492 - 10/05/06 07:42 AM Re: Roland’s Terrifyingly Ugly Mega-Keyboard: Roland E-80
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
This guy is very typical of the general attitude toward arrangers. He is ignorant of their capabilities and functions, and everything he says should be ignored.
DonM

#167493 - 10/05/06 07:51 AM Re: Roland’s Terrifyingly Ugly Mega-Keyboard: Roland E-80
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Chony;

You wrote above;

"However, the Yamaha guitars and brass beats the Roland hands down - there not even competition here as you can hear for yourself."

Chony[/B][/QUOTE]

I listened to the E-80 Demos and I am not sure where you find the faults in the Guitars and Brass sound. Actually the first few track don't have many guitar backing, but if you listen to live band, which contains both guitar and brass. They both sound very good. I am sure that there are many more guitar patches on the E-80 then are demonstarted in the Demos.

Regards;
Blknotes

#167494 - 10/05/06 10:32 AM Re: Roland’s Terrifyingly Ugly Mega-Keyboard: Roland E-80
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
This guy is very typical of the general attitude toward arrangers. He is ignorant of their capabilities and functions, and everything he says should be ignored.
DonM

DITTO! Kinda' like the advertisement that shows a guy standing in a hospital operating room wearing a scrub-suit, mask, gown and gloves who says "No, I'm not a doctor, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Select!" Real difficult to evaluate something you've only read about. Same holds true here. If you want to determine how good or bad a product really is, you'll have to take it for a test drive, then make up your own mind based upon hands-on experiences.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#167495 - 10/06/06 11:18 AM Re: Roland’s Terrifyingly Ugly Mega-Keyboard: Roland E-80
jonesyboy Offline

Mmm..the E80 is certainly different compared to likes of T2, brass sounds are "Poor" in my opinion and that is all it is, but there are also some reallyu good sounds, electric piano, piano, strings all very good..it is all down to personal opinion and for me the E80 isn't the right instrument, problem is what else is there to go for - SD5 looks nice and sounds ok on the demo's but as the poster above says you have to test drive it - I have heard varous comments but without trying it out - no point in commenting..
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
DITTO! Kinda' like the advertisement that shows a guy standing in a hospital operating room wearing a scrub-suit, mask, gown and gloves who says "No, I'm not a doctor, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Select!" Real difficult to evaluate something you've only read about. Same holds true here. If you want to determine how good or bad a product really is, you'll have to take it for a test drive, then make up your own mind based upon hands-on experiences.

Cheers,

Gary

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 10-06-2006).]

#167496 - 10/06/06 12:38 PM Re: Roland’s Terrifyingly Ugly Mega-Keyboard: Roland E-80
mr9000 Offline

..well to me the E-80 is a heck of a beautiful machine..it resembles my psr9000 a bit,which played a part in why i bought it,i like that space/stars wars look!

#167497 - 10/07/06 10:16 PM Re: Roland’s Terrifyingly Ugly Mega-Keyboard: Roland E-80
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I guess all I have left to say is, unlike the reviewer in the first post of this thread, why don't we make up our minds about this keyboard AFTER we've played it?

If not, does anyone want to hear my review of the new Aston Martin? (OK, I've never seen one, or driven one, in fact, I don't have a license to drive, but I'm sure you all think I should know what I'm talking about. After all, this is the internet )

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-07-2006).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online