SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#167346 - 08/13/01 02:57 PM Bought the new PSR-550!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Hi,
Just bought one and should have it by Wednesday... I'll be giving a full review on it for everyone here on the forum. I gotta share this info with everyone too. I got this thing for such a GOOD price. I got the keyboard, music stand, survival pack, and free shipping for less than ANYONE else is selling it for. When I say less I mean a hell of a lot less than what other places are asking. Has anyone ever done business with "Music 123"? I took them up on their challenge for beating lower prices like musicians friend and all the other places and they bent over backwards to give it to me for less. They have it listed for over $500, but I got it for MUCH less. They really stick to their word in beating the lowest price. They're great people to do business with.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#167347 - 08/13/01 03:56 PM Re: Bought the new PSR-550!!!!
Beakybird Offline

We hope your are very happy with it, and look forward to your review. May it give you two years of musical pleasure, until you buy the PSR 560!

Larry

#167348 - 08/13/01 09:06 PM Re: Bought the new PSR-550!!!!
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
C'mon Squeak, fess' up. Don't just tantalize us with sketchy tidbits, give us the scoop. Did you have to throw in the MZ2000???. Last time I checked Musician's Friend was peddling that board for five C, notes. How much, huh? huh?

#167349 - 08/13/01 11:36 PM Re: Bought the new PSR-550!!!!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Congrats Squeak.. guess that means we won't be swapping boards ..lol.. let me know how you like it. The sounds are supposed to be improved from the previous model. I'm gonna put the 740 up for sale anyway to get additional funds for a new board. I want a new workstation / synth and am going to check out the Motif tomorrow.. Good luck with the new board.

AJ

#167350 - 08/14/01 03:46 AM Re: Bought the new PSR-550!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Guardman,
I didn't have to throw in the MZ. I sold the MZ to someone else. Ok here's the price I got it for. I got the whole package for just $484.00 Now remember this includes the keyboard, survival pack, FREE keyboard stand, and FREE shipping. I don't know of anyone who has beaten this price. I got everything for less than the board itself.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#167351 - 08/15/01 07:37 AM Re: Bought the new PSR-550!!!!
arnothijssen Offline

Loc: Marietta, GA USA
so, do i get this right. $500,-- listed, but you got it for much less. $484,-- !!
That is a well counted 16 dollars, congrats with the wonderfull savings!!!
And, are you gonna rave this board all over the forum again, and then try to sell it 2 months later ?

#167352 - 08/15/01 08:07 AM Re: Bought the new PSR-550!!!!
squeak_D Offline

First of all it was more than a 16 dollar saving. I got the survival pack, a keyboard stand, and free 2 day ground shipping as well, and no it won't be sold in 2 months either. I sold my last keyboard because I no longer play professionally and had no need for such an expensive piece of equipment sitting around. I got the 550 for a decent set of keys to play on.

#167353 - 08/15/01 08:50 AM Re: Bought the new PSR-550!!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Food for thought. . .
I, Uncle Dave, DonnyNJ, and others have all been guilty of become overly excited about a new keyboard. We see the features that our "old" one didn't have, hear the different sounds, styles, etc. Then after a period of time, we start remembering the features that the "old" one had, that the new one lacks. Before you know it, it's on to something new and, we hope, better.
Fact is, all of these newer keyboards are wonderful and it's easy to get excited--but none of them are perfect and it's easy to become disenchanted.
Unlike our keyboards, we are human (most of us) and subject to mistakes and misjudgements. That's why it's so important to try the keyboards yourself, ideally at home or on a job, before committing to one.
DonM

#167354 - 08/15/01 09:26 AM Re: Bought the new PSR-550!!!!
Dnj Offline

Also Don may I add that with musicians being able to take styles from any arranger keyboard , convert them, and use them in their unit with great success with just a little tweaking makes "The Best" Not "the Best" anymore like years ago when you couldn't do that and were stuck with whatever the unit had to offer or buy a new one. Most top units have great sounds also which are also editable too. Sooooo, IMO just get a keyboard that "YOU" are comfortable playing and navagating for YOUR applications and YOUR playing ability. Mix and match styles from everwhere else, add some talent, and your on your way to having somewhat of "the Perfect Keyboard" for YOUR musical needs. These are the things a player should be concerned about, INSTEAD OF being under the influence that the Keyboard will do all the work.

That is all...........

Donny nj

#167355 - 08/16/01 04:17 AM Re: Bought the new PSR-550!!!!
UlrichM Offline

Sqweak,

would be interesting, what type of styles are given in the 550. Are they similar to boards you have before, or are they really new?

For the second case it would be probably worth for the big PSR community to have them somehow on disk for trying them out on other keyboards. Is the 550 able to save the internal styles unchanged to disk?

Regards

Ulrich

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online