Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#167343 - 11/14/06 03:34 PM Re: Ketron SD-2 Questions
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie,
how awesome is this. http://www.ketron.it/prodotti/index.asp?idTipo=2
Go to above site & download some of the stuff they have provided for the sd2.
What sounds really intersting are the midifiles with which you create drum loops for the LIVE DRUMS in the sd2 ( hope I've got that right).

Loops for Cha Cha's, blues, swing etc.

Sounds like it may be perfect for my OMB software setup after all.

Hoping to see one on Saturday.

Still let me know if you get yours in the meantime, if not I'll report back after I've seen it.

best wishes
Rikki

p.s make sure you click english icon ( top right) on web page, else the stuff comes up in Italian.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]Hi Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 11-14-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#167344 - 11/15/06 02:00 AM Re: Ketron SD-2 Questions
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hey thanks Rikki. I am beginning to see more possibilities than first anticipated. I downloaded the loops to try on the SD2 when I get it.

Bernie

#167345 - 11/15/06 02:09 PM Re: Ketron SD-2 Questions
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie,
I actually managed to get some of the loops working with my sd1+ drums. SD1+ & SD2 may well have some drum kits in common ?? Can't wait to do a comparison.
Either way, I should be able to use some of my SD1 drum patterns , plus these sd2 midi drum loops ( patterns), for replacing some of the drum patterns in my OMB styles. My existing soundfont drumsets weren't capablable of reproducing the
Live Drums ( Drums 2)
in sd1 style conversions, so I all but gave up. ( you'll hear what I mean when you get your sd2, drum 2 is not a regular drumset like drum 1 is.)

The idea of the loops is to be able to replace existing drum & percussion tracks in midifiles, (if you choose, with "Live Drums") It should also work with OMB styles.

I'm hoping it turns out to be a good, inexpensive, very portable soundsource for OMB. Especially handy for people who's computers may not be fast & powerful enough to handle softsynths, but still capable of running omb.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Hey thanks Rikki. I am beginning to see more possibilities than first anticipated. I downloaded the loops to try on the SD2 when I get it.

Bernie

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online