SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16694 - 02/05/99 05:27 PM Stuck Keys - Help !
Anonymous
Unregistered

2 Keys on my O1/Wfd are stuck. Any ideas if I can just open the sucker up and mess with it safely or should I spend the bucks and have a service center fix. Is this easily fixable or common after owning for several years ??

#16695 - 02/05/99 10:52 PM Re: Stuck Keys - Help !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok...just FYI in case someone else runs into this. I opened up my keyboard - pulled the contact strip and motherboard out. This enabled me to pull the entire set of keys out. From there I was able to pull out the offending keys and look at what was wrong. It took a long time to figure out and much trial and error but I determined that the guides had gotten ever so slightly bent from something falling on my keyboard last show I did. I was able to bend the guides back into place and put all of it back together...then a couple of keys weren't playing any sound so I had to open it up all over again and mess with the contacts for those other keys. I actually fixed it though. AMAZING !!! I called a shop before hand for an estimate and he said $60-$120. It took me 4 hours but I did it and saved a bunch of $$$. YAY !!

#16696 - 02/08/99 11:52 AM Re: Stuck Keys - Help !
Jochem Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Holland
Hi,

I had the same problem several years ago. It has to do with a rubber problem with the old Yamaha keyboard. I brought my Korg to a repair shop and they repaired the key that got stuck and revised the rest of the keyboard. It had something to do with the rubbers which were too long. It was actually I known problem with the Korg 01/w's of the first couple of releases (until a new keyboard was inserted). It costed me about 50 dollar and I haven't had any problems since.

Good luck,
Jochem

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online