SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Topic Options
#166916 - 11/02/06 08:30 AM New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Hi there
Now is available to download the new Lionstracs GM/GS Soundbank 4300Mb, 1317 GIG Instruments, Drumkits, drumparts, loops and much more.
The Soundbank is organized under 127 GM folders and ther you can have all the GIG instruments that you need for your records, really EASY to find and loading GIG instruments.
All the sounds that you need to records Styles, midifiles, songs.
Different banks and Big Instruments are available too.
More info and demo song here: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/giga...300-p-130.html

have fun!

#166917 - 11/02/06 11:17 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
OZ Offline

This is good news for all users.
I'm glad that LIONSTRACS is working on so good and fine sounds.
Here are really a lot of sounds on one place.

This is really good for all keyboard players.

All good for LIONSTRACS

#166918 - 11/02/06 01:32 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Just listened to the demo songs, and I must say well recorded, and soundwise pretty good for gm sounds.

One comment though about the demosongs itselve; All three demo's are in the same tone scale (A minor)which limits the judgement a bit.
(I think the composer likes SADE al lot )

Fred

#166919 - 11/04/06 01:24 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Thanks guy, but we can make much better soon..

Di you saw the last VST OS update feature too? http://www.lionstracs.com/store/msos-update-p-139.html

Now with the MS is really easy to open and play unlimited VST!
cheers

#166920 - 11/04/06 05:42 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Hi there
Now is available to download the new Lionstracs GM/GS Soundbank 4300Mb, 1317 GIG Instruments, Drumkits, drumparts, loops and much more.
The Soundbank is organized under 127 GM folders and ther you can have all the GIG instruments that you need for your records, really EASY to find and loading GIG instruments.
All the sounds that you need to records Styles, midifiles, songs.
Different banks and Big Instruments are available too.
More info and demo song here: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/giga...300-p-130.html

have fun!

Thanks Domenik, I have downloaded the Giga SoundFont Library and the sounds are great!

All Giga sounds for GM, arranger styles and midi files? This is awesome!

I had just loaded the new OS Monday and now another upgrade "this week". After reading all the posts on this forum of people waiting on the various keyboard manufacturers to come out with some type of upgrade with some (however small) feature added, I can't help but be amazed!

Lionstracs is churning out upgrades, updates and new sound files faster than I can load them! LOL

And I think that the new Linux X-Kore Vst OS update looks to provide a simple user friendly interface and a new professional level of control to everything that the PC and software world have to offer the music industry.

I can't wait till it comes out next week!

All owners of other brands of keyboards feel free to turn green with envy, lol. Just kidding.

But if you haven't taken a look at the www.lionstrac.com/site lately, I think you'll find it interesting.

Thanks again Domenik, You have really delivered!

#166921 - 11/05/06 11:44 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by richard_shiflet:

I had just loaded the new OS Monday and now another upgrade "this week". After reading all the posts on this forum of people waiting on the various keyboard manufacturers to come out with some type of upgrade with some (however small) feature added, I can't help but be amazed! delivered![/B]

This is real future. We can manage new keyboard with new software. Other is at same position as before. New sounds are really fantastic.

Thanks for all this good things.

#166922 - 11/06/06 12:22 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Thanks guys!
Is true....others are still at the same position and are waiting just some fix bugs and small features because more sounds, GIGA, VST they can never loading.

From today is available another Soundbank,1058Mb of Oriental GIGA sounds, ready to download for FREE.

We are uploading now another 3 Soundbank, with Big GIGA Pro Instruments, about 9000Mb of new sounds..of course always FREE for the Mediastation user.

The worldwide Linux Open Source community, seem rally that will help this Mediastation project and they are uploading for us TON of free software/sounds!

Are the all other brands continue POST you FREE sounds Library after you had buy the keyboard?
IF one exist I really like know...
Think well what mean OPEN System ... ( Closed system mean: OPEN your $$$ pocket...)

#166923 - 11/06/06 03:42 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Thank you, Domenik. One more reason why I am interested in a Mediastation.

#166924 - 11/06/06 05:03 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Dnj Offline

Dominic how many song setup registrations can you create on the mediastation pro?

#166925 - 11/06/06 06:07 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Dominic how many song setup registrations can you create on the mediastation pro?

We use a XML database, is like the MySql.
We BURN the display and all the MS pannel keys/led's/sounds/Players/Vst...

999 Category Gruop
999.999.999 pannels recors setups ( performance)
You can also:
Recall by Numerical inputs ID
Recall by Name songs
Recall by GROUP list

With the MS key you are able to insert Numbers and letters and automatically when you compose one text will shown in the browser the found performance.

When one is selected, press the key ENTER.
The whole MS pannel will be recalled with all the stuff that you have saved before.

#166926 - 11/07/06 01:46 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Magica Alfa Offline

I can simply find next song with all details in really short time.

Bu not only this I can save at presents songs, styles, sounds etc. And all is having own name. This is really fast way to find all in one key. All is simply database (as MY SQL base)

This is future of open sys keyboard.
All data in one hand.

#166927 - 11/07/06 04:17 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hi Domenik

I'm really very interested in the Mediastation. I do have a mediastation question. I noted in the specs there is only MONO outputs. Does this mean there are no left/right mains out? Must you use the Headphone out jack to get stereo output to a stereo amplifcation system?

Also, how much does the shipping and import/export duty add to the price of the unit?

Thanks and Regards,
Al

HARDWARE CONFIGURATION:

1. CPU AMD Sempron 64Bit, 3.0Ghz shocket 754
2. New Mainboard EPoX, shocket 754, 32/64bit.
3. 1Gb Memory DIMM RAM
4. 80Gb Hard Disk Drive SATA-IDE. ( Upgradable HD)
5. CD/DVD 16X Driver multilayer BURN.
6. 4 External USB 2.0, 1 LAN, 1 RSR232, Printer port, PS2 Keyboard & Mouse.
7. 76 note professional keyboard with Piano Style keys.
8. 1 Joystick in the pannel, with 4 Axis programmable midi controllers and unlimited browser presets.
9. New Digital Mixer board with 1 DSP core system, 128 GM/GS Voice.
10. New HQ GM/GS Soundbank font stored in REMOVABLE/REWITABLE Flash/Dimm 64Mb DATA. ( same soundbank for all the models)
11. 2 XLR MAIN OUTPUTS Balanced
12. 2 XLR CUE OUTPUTS Balanced
13. 2 MONO Jack MIX OUT 2 function
14. 1 STEREO Phones Out Jack.
15. 2 MIDI Inputs and 2 MIDI Outputs.
16. 1 Sustain Pedal connector.
17. 1 Keyboard Pedal Volume.
18. Two flexible 330mm detachable gooseneck Lamps with XLR male connectors.
19. Music Stand X-76
20. AGP Nvidia VGA card + TV out.

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#166928 - 11/07/06 05:37 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Dnj Offline

hey Al.....
going the VST route?......Interesting to hear your experiences as you continue along, especially in a live gig situation.
Keep us informed please.

#166929 - 11/07/06 10:37 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Al,

My Mediastation MS X-88 Pro has 4 xlr outputs configured as 2 stereo pairs. One stereo pair for the Main mix L&R, and one stereo pair for the Cue mix L&R.

So it is definitely stereo and sounds great with the Native Instruments leslie simulation going.

Also, to the delight of any professional sound technician, they are of pro grade XLR instead of simply the 1/4 inch outputs that all my previous keyboards have had. So no hassle of dealing with an external direct box or converting the high impediance to low for longer runs and less interference.

The additional mix out2 is also stereo but in the traditional 1/4 inch format.

Hope this answers your question

Richard

#166930 - 11/07/06 10:45 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Of course you can also FULL configured your connections, mono or Stereo.
Each engine, I/O device have L-R connection but you can mix how you like: http://www.lionstracs.com/data/gui/jackaudio.png http://www.lionstracs.com/data/gui/jackaudio2.png

#166931 - 11/07/06 11:02 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Dnj Offline

Looks like the Media Station is sounding better every day....hey Richard how about a few Demos Mp3s?

#166932 - 11/07/06 12:37 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Don't need continue new Mp3 demos, you know there the MS sound quality, is always at 24Bit, 116dB Dynamic range, no another keyboards can compete with our dynamic.
(we made already a lot of test comparation in the musikmesse....)

Just wait some days when I Upload some new video with the MS-KORE VST Linux and then you get really fun.
I will showm you how I can INSERT new VST.dll in the MS patch and recall it in realtime, switch from VST to VST untill the Arranger/Player is playing too.

I have ready about 50-60 VST plugins and then i shown you there how the MS is able to open all the 50-60 VST and switch it in realtime.

Now you can use the MS like a super Synt, VST KORE player and GIGA player.
Arranger now in the MS is not more interesting for me....
We are continue working in new features without stop.

#166933 - 11/07/06 12:56 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Liontracs;
You wrote above---"Arranger now in the MS is not more interesting for me....
We are continue working in new features without stop.[/B][/QUOTE]"

I am not sure what you are stating here concerning the arranger section of the medistation----could you elaborate please.

Thank-you
Regards;
Blacknotes

#166934 - 11/07/06 02:14 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Looks like the Media Station is sounding better every day....hey Richard how about a few Demos Mp3s?

Donny,

I haven't used the Mediastation for recording yet, other than just messing around. I have only used it for live performance.

I will try to come up with something I can post for you guys to hear. I'm not sure what would be most helpful, I guess any style mixed with a lead voice, right?

Oh and back to the topic of the outputs, the audio routing is amazing! The Mediastation uses Jack. [see Domenik's picture http://www.lionstracs.com/data/gui/jackaudio.png and http://www.lionstracs.com/data/gui/jackaudio2.png ]
It is like a digital patch bay. I can route any analog or digital input, CD/DVD player or any software module that creates sound to any output (digital or analog) or any software module, sampler or D.A.W. that accepts audio input. And make the connection by placing a line between them. Simple, flexible and powerful.

Richard

#166935 - 11/07/06 02:42 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
kbrkr Offline

Quote:
hey Al.....
going the VST route?......Interesting to hear your experiences as you continue along, especially in a live gig situation.
Keep us informed please.

HI Donny,

I don't know if it's VST mania or not, but I'm tired of throwing my money in dead-end hardware and the Lionstracs is really intriguing with it's feature set. since I bounce from one-man to group playing, having custom voices, MP3, and 76 keys are really tugging at me.

#166936 - 11/07/06 02:44 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
kbrkr Offline

Quote:
Al,

My Mediastation MS X-88 Pro has 4 xlr outputs configured as 2 stereo pairs. One stereo pair for the Main mix L&R, and one stereo pair for the Cue mix L&R.

So it is definitely stereo and sounds great with the Native Instruments leslie simulation going.

Also, to the delight of any professional sound technician, they are of pro grade XLR instead of simply the 1/4 inch outputs that all my previous keyboards have had. So no hassle of dealing with an external direct box or converting the high impediance to low for longer runs and less interference.

The additional mix out2 is also stereo but in the traditional 1/4 inch format.

Hope this answers your question

Richard

Thanks richard, that really clarifies it. I thought it odd that it read MONO output and the rest of the board is so revolutionary.

So tell me, how do you like your board and what did keyboard did you replace? How about a review? If you wish to keep it non-public, please send me a private mail.

Thanks and regards,
al

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

#166937 - 11/07/06 02:46 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
kbrkr Offline

Quote:
Don't need continue new Mp3 demos, you know there the MS sound quality, is always at 24Bit, 116dB Dynamic range, no another keyboards can compete with our dynamic.
(we made already a lot of test comparation in the musikmesse....)

Just wait some days when I Upload some new video with the MS-KORE VST Linux and then you get really fun.
I will showm you how I can INSERT new VST.dll in the MS patch and recall it in realtime, switch from VST to VST untill the Arranger/Player is playing too.

I have ready about 50-60 VST plugins and then i shown you there how the MS is able to open all the 50-60 VST and switch it in realtime.

Now you can use the MS like a super Synt, VST KORE player and GIGA player.
Arranger now in the MS is not more interesting for me....

Domenic,

Can you please record the keyboard DIRECT into the Video Camera when you do record to eliminate the ambient noise and reverb from the room?

Thanks
Al

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

#166938 - 11/07/06 03:22 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Dnj Offline

Al....good suggestion...I'd like to hear the Mediastation 76 pro demo that way also....
http://www.lionstracs.com/site/index.php?option=content&pcontent=1&task=view&id=48&Itemid=66

Domenic thanx in advance...

#166939 - 11/07/06 03:39 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Dear BlkNotes
Maybe you dont have understand my statement about the arranger.
Of course we are working on the arranger engine too, because we will make the BEST arranger in absolute!
The 16 Tracks Midi+GIGA+ Audio Sync+ Time Straching in realtime is the probe of our big work and we continue it to make always better.
Only with the PC X86 system is possible make this type of styles, with the embedded system they dont have the power for processing in realtime big audiofiles and Algorithms.

My statement now is developing the new GIGA Linuxsampler GM/GS, matrix of 127 program change with the 127 Variation, mean more than 16.000 GIGA sounds in realtime.
In the GM/GS database we can select what GIGA instruments must Always present in RAM and the other Disk Sreaming.
With this new system we can recall any GM GIGA instruments without delay of loading, like a normally DSP with Flash Soundfonts.

The new LS (Linuxsampler) 4.0 can then recall different database Soundbank presets, in this way we can setup the GIGA soundbank under different format, like GM, GS, XG, Korg, GEM...

I think you have understand the possibility...IF someone will clone some Brand keyboard under GIGA format, then with our LS database can reproduce any type of keyboards setup and play the original Styles because then are mapped in the right Soundfonts.

value that right now we are arrival to 8GB GIGA GM/GS soundbank and we are continue developing new sounds ( always FREE for the Mediastation users)

I think we are the first company worldwide that offer TON of free software POST sales.
The Linux Open Source community is helping us a lot and they continue Uploading in our sever always new FREE sounds.

You know well how much cost the software and sounds library, i think soon the OS that Linux Communuty and Lionstracs offer, will Cover automatically the Mediastation hardware cost.

MAYBE the MS cost a lot, BUT if you buy one good PC system 64bit, TFT monitor, professional audio card, 76 weighted keyboard, the all controllers that you need and the all software to install, will cost DOUBLE of the Mediastation and still you need WEEKS and patience ( for PC maniac only ) to configure the all Windows software with a ( discrete) latency.

I gave the prove in the other post about the 3 years old MS, insert the new OS ISO 1.2 and after 8 minute installation the OLD MS born again New, like the last Mediastation products.
Mediastation will NEVER obsolete and we will warranty OS distribution for the 32 and 64Bit too.
Regards

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:
Dear Liontracs;
You wrote above---"Arranger now in the MS is not more interesting for me....
"

I am not sure what you are stating here concerning the arranger section of the medistation----could you elaborate please.

Thank-you
Regards;
Blacknotes[/B][/QUOTE]

#166940 - 11/08/06 03:05 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Hi
Having come very close to buying a Wersi (Put off by the price tag ultimately) I have finally opted for the MS 76 Pro instead - I am a little "Scared" but very excited about the feature set - this just seems to be a graet step forward in technology and being a kind of techno junkie I just kept coming back to this instrument. I placed my order today and hopefully will not have to wait too long to get it. One thing I will say is that I have fired numerous emails to Domenico
and he has always replied almost instantly and with as much detail as he can possibly provide - so a really promising start in customer service .. I would be interested to hear experiences from others with this kit - good or bad, For the home I am looking at a pair of Yamaha MSR100 speakers - any thoughts?
Cheers,
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
HI Donny,

I don't know if it's VST mania or not, but I'm tired of throwing my money in dead-end hardware and the Lionstracs is really intriguing with it's feature set. since I bounce from one-man to group playing, having custom voices, MP3, and 76 keys are really tugging at me.

#166941 - 11/08/06 03:17 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Magica Alfa Offline

WE are having really powerful machine. Sound is every day better. VST's are good enough to play (free and also this non free, B4, NI Kontakt, Electrical piano . . . )
You can imagine that as powerful tool. This tool is playing really in live performance. Im playing with this thing for 5 month in live performances all the types (as arranger mp3 player, midi sequencer, or live band).

I'm using also sequencer type ROSENGAREN in my MS. I can tell that is in range of CUBASE or SONOR, CAKEWALK 9 or some similar. It is enough programmable for all new futures which you want to play.

You can add severally things. LS 4.0, Ni Kontakt, other VST or internal general midi bank. When you are satisfied with sound you can save all as mp3 and this is staying like live performance. I forgot that is also possible to insert your voice or playing real guitar via audio direct to this program. You can add all effect inside so million of possibilities.

But brilliant thing is that you can use this mp3 in internal player where you can change first tempo or you can transpose mp3 for semi tons. Same like with midi song.

This part is good also for all good mp3 made from original studio. Guy this is true.

I wish all the best to LIONSTRACS.

#166942 - 11/08/06 04:18 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

I'm also intrigued to see how it plays as a standard keyboard - eg, select style, sounds and play! Ok, it has ome great features but as a basic board how does it sound - if this is as good as it is supposed to be then the extra features will really make a difference,
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
WE are having really powerful machine. Sound is every day better. VST's are good enough to play (free and also this non free, B4, NI Kontakt, Electrical piano . . . )
You can imagine that as powerful tool. This tool is playing really in live performance. Im playing with this thing for 5 month in live performances all the types (as arranger mp3 player, midi sequencer, or live band).

I'm using also sequencer type ROSENGAREN in my MS. I can tell that is in range of CUBASE or SONOR, CAKEWALK 9 or some similar. It is enough programmable for all new futures which you want to play.

You can add severally things. LS 4.0, Ni Kontakt, other VST or internal general midi bank. When you are satisfied with sound you can save all as mp3 and this is staying like live performance. I forgot that is also possible to insert your voice or playing real guitar via audio direct to this program. You can add all effect inside so million of possibilities.

But brilliant thing is that you can use this mp3 in internal player where you can change first tempo or you can transpose mp3 for semi tons. Same like with midi song.

This part is good also for all good mp3 made from original studio. Guy this is true.

I wish all the best to LIONSTRACS.

#166943 - 11/08/06 04:29 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jonesyboy:
Hi
Having come very close to buying a Wersi (Put off by the price tag ultimately) I have finally opted for the MS 76 Pro instead - I am a little "Scared" but very excited about the feature set - this just seems to be a graet step forward in technology and being a kind of techno junkie I just kept coming back to this instrument. I placed my order today and hopefully will not have to wait too long to get it. One thing I will say is that I have fired numerous emails to Domenico
and he has always replied almost instantly and with as much detail as he can possibly provide - so a really promising start in customer service .. I would be interested to hear experiences from others with this kit - good or bad, For the home I am looking at a pair of Yamaha MSR100 speakers - any thoughts?
Cheers,
Mark

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the family of Mediastation users, we're small but growing. And judging from conversations I have had with other SZ members more could be joining the ranks.

A strong user group would be the final link in Mediastation chain because this technology has more potential than even it's developer could fully utilize. I believe that involved users can have a part in the direction of the Mediastations future. And as a musician, that is just the kind of keyboard company that I want backing me!

Feel free to contact me for information or if there is anyway that I can help.

Richard

#166944 - 11/08/06 05:26 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Richard,

The Media Station appears to be going from strength to strength as regards the quality of sounds and configurablity and like many others I am very interested in what it could do for me.

Unfortunately, the demos I have seen has mainly demonstrated the NI B3 or Giga piano sounds. With my T2 I am dependant on the arranger side of things and I'm not sure this side of things has been developed enough yet to be an option for me.

I seem to remember that Domenic was looking for people to create styles for their keyboards in the past but can't remember him having any success.

I realise that their products are workstations and as such can probably do a lot more than other manufacturers workstations but I would appreciate your views on the range, variety, quality and availability of any such arranger features and styles.

Glad to see you are enjoying your purchase - I have bought products from lesser known manufacturers in the past (Solton/Ketron, GEM etc) and had no problem with getting advice or support - however, I have always had the opportunity to try before I buy and the MS is a lot of dosh to spend to find that it's not the instrument for you.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Regards - Keith

[This message has been edited by KFingers (edited 11-08-2006).]

#166945 - 11/08/06 05:38 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jonesyboy:
I have finally opted for the MS 76 Pro instead -

Mark good luck with the Pro76.....cant wait to hear your thoughts & experiences with it asap....theres many people waiting to get one .

#166946 - 11/08/06 06:24 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Should be shipped on Monday - I'll post my thoughts as soon as I have had chance to have a play! Really looking forward to getting it and trying something different - but there are many updates coming out all the time, the response from the guys is superb on emails and questions so all looks good at present - keep you posted!
Mark
Quote:
Mark good luck with the Pro76.....cant wait to hear your thoughts & experiences with it asap....theres many people waiting to get one .

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 11-08-2006).]

#166947 - 11/08/06 07:36 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Cheers Richard - Got a feeling I will need as much help as possible!
Mark - have you come across the MSR100 Speakers? Sounded good at my dealers and at 600 for the pair a good price too...
Quote:
Hello Mark,

Welcome to the family of Mediastation users, we're small but growing. And judging from conversations I have had with other SZ members more could be joining the ranks.

A strong user group would be the final link in Mediastation chain because this technology has more potential than even it's developer could fully utilize. I believe that involved users can have a part in the direction of the Mediastations future. And as a musician, that is just the kind of keyboard company that I want backing me!

Feel free to contact me for information or if there is anyway that I can help.

Richard

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 11-08-2006).]

#166948 - 11/08/06 10:10 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
OZ Offline

Really is fine to read so much about good keyboard as MS LIONSTRACS is.

I hope that all good friends of music will have their own MS X76 or they will test it.

Really, music stores where are you ?????

This is really good keyboard. A lot of things are good in LIONSTRACS. (Free sounds, free support and great a lot friends who know how is working this keyboard) Thanks Richard and all other who are helping me to make my keyboard more powerful.

We are having online connection all the time. All for free. You must only join to group of users.

OZ

#166949 - 11/08/06 10:13 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Can we not have a lionstracs section on here as there for all other brands?
Quote:
Originally posted by OZ:
Really is fine to read so much about good keyboard as MS LIONSTRACS is.

I hope that all good friends of music will have their own MS X76 or they will test it.

Really, music stores where are you ?????

This is really good keyboard. A lot of things are good in LIONSTRACS. (Free sounds, free support and great a lot friends who know how is working this keyboard) Thanks Richard and all other who are helping me to make my keyboard more powerful.

We are having online connection all the time. All for free. You must only join to group of users.

OZ

#166950 - 11/08/06 06:44 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mark, we do not need a separate section for Media Station..If anything...just the opposite..

Domenico needs exposure, and the General Arranger will give it...Here is my prediction, depending on market direction, the Median Station will take off in the next few months...

I know of a few things Domenico has planned and I am sure he will tell if and when he wants to...I see a lot of positive things happening in the coming weeks..

#166951 - 11/08/06 10:42 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
hi richard shiflet. how long have you owned your mediastation and can you tell us what specific differences the last OS upgrade made to the previous one ? were they actual upgrades in functionaliy in terms of new features or bug fixes ? cheers.

#166952 - 11/08/06 11:39 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Hi, maybe for this I can help better.

New MEDIASTATION Linux OS 1.2

Included the new Debian Linux Kernel 2.6.18 RT for AMD CPU 32 and 64Bit.
New WINE HQ 0.9.22
New FST 1.9 with the possibility now to save the VST Plugins presets.
Included the new LinuxSampler GIGA V. 3.0 and LIBGIG 3.0 with MS Encrypt mode.
Added the DVD-Ripper Tool, for ripping DVD Video under different format.
Added in the MS OS the Keyboard Velocity interface, with 8 slider programmable Curve! http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/curve.png

Added in the MS OS the Arranger Split point Interface with programmable user Point.
Fixed may bugs in the OS
here the full list: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/msiso-12-p-124.html

In the next days will be available the VST Kore Linux update: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/msos-update-p-139.html

After this update we will cocking the new ISO 32-64Bit OS 1.3 and included:
* VST Kore Linux system in the Installation Disk.
* Insert the new Jack Connection kit with Midi Transport.
* Insert the new Ardour DAW 2.0
* Insert the new Rosegarden Seq 1.4.0 http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/
* Insert some Video network Editor tools
* Fix some MS bugs core Navigation.

Soon the next Arranger features:
* change the Midi Sync to audio in to: Audio to Midi sync under Wav timing, for a better resolution.
* Play Audio Styles with ONLY wav without Midi sync ( this allow you to play wav pattern like a DJ system under chords reconize mode)
* Including more chords reconization algorithms
* add in the arranger editor the Track Velocity note compressor
* add in the arranger editor the Track Transpose semitone and +12, -12 key

For sure in this time some else, I have to think what i want...

Mark:
The MS X-76 Pro is ready ( is now two days always RUN) but I will install the VST Kore Linux before shipping

Fran:
Shhhhhhhhh...... only some people know it...
When the news review will be officially...then you there get a surprise...be patience....

Cheers
Domenik

#166953 - 11/09/06 04:22 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Magica Alfa Offline

What is new in ISO 1.2.

Yes it is true all what Domenik told you. But I can tell that as user I'm very satisfied.
New WINE is working perfectly nice and faster than all before
FST 1.9 is crazy better than FST 1.8. I need some modifications for my use of course.

Linux Kernel 2.6.18 is better than before playing things.

Very Good thing
Added in the MS OS the Keyboard Velocity interface, with 8 slider programmable Curve

My MS is now better than before. I have no crash with system. Also simple thing is to update ISO on keyboard.

Maybe somebody will tell me that Im crazy that Im using this type of keyboard (open source) but Im having more freedom and new updates for free.

#166954 - 11/09/06 06:30 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
kbrkr Offline

So which one of the "Philly" contingent is going to break down and finally buy one?

If you do, I'd come down from Southern New York and check it out in person. Fran, Dnj, UD?

If I bought one, would you guys come up to SNY?

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

#166955 - 11/09/06 07:05 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Looks like I missed a few questions here. Though Domenik has answered some of them already, Ill throw a few comments in also.

Donny you asked about the registrations. Like Domenik explained they are called Performances on the Mediastation and are really easy to use. You just press performance, then new, an on screen keyboard comes up and you can use it or any attached keyboard (ps2 / usb) to type the name and enter. You can also group them in categories with any name you desire. The performance takes a complete snapshot of all the mediastations settings at that moment. Including all sound patch settings / splits, styles, even mp3 or wave files loaded in the player. They can then be recalled by the performance name, the group or the ID number; for easy organization. I lost track of all the 9s in the maximum number of performances that Domenik listed. LOL But I dont think you could ever use them all.

Al you asked how I liked the Mediastation. Short answer I am very pleased with it. Its current capabilities are great, but when you look at the future potential it is nothing short of phenomenal! You asked about my previous keyboards: First keyboard (I wont count the Bontempi, LOL) was a Roland RD 300 with a Korg Poly 800 module, next a Kurzwiel 1200 pro with a Korg I3 arranger on top, then a General Music SK880 Powerstation loaded with all options and a Kurzwiel Micro Piano module. The last GEM SK880 and Kurzwiel Micro Piano, I still have if anyones interested in buying.
I will be glad to try and give more of a review in another post (maybe with a more appropriate Topic Heading for people searching for Mediastation reviews). And Al, or anyone for that matter, if you want to contact me privately, feel free to do so. My email is listed in my profile and my Yahoo ID is richard_shiflet.

I agree with many of you that the demos are not the best at showing the Mediastations capabilities, though some are actually pretty good. I do not let any background noise affect my judgment. After gaining a complete picture of what the Mediastation really is I purchased it in spite of the demos. LOL.

Keith you are right about a lot of the demos showing the NI B4 organ and the Giga Pianos. These are definitely some of the Mediastations strengths. The ability to play Vstis and to stream large Giga samples from HD is something that no other arranger can do, with the exception of the Wersi. The Mediastation has so many diverse abilities that it surpasses even the synth workstations in abilities and pro quality hardware. So its no wonder that it is easy to forget that it is a very capable arranger. In fact it has been designed as an arranger from the ground up. Isnt this what most of us have been asking/dreaming for in all of our What is your perfect arranger threads for several years? How many posts have we read like If only some keyboard company would make an arranger that has the power of the top synth workstations? Well someone listened!

Mediastation Weaknesses:

Now before you guys begin to think that I am either on the Lionstracs payroll, I wish, or just some idiot who thinks his keyboard is perfect and has no faults; let me tell you what in my opinion are the weaknesses of the Mediastation. First and foremost it is the styles. If you think that a brand new company like Lionstracs is going to start out with a library of styles that surpass companies that have been extensively developing styles for 20+ years; like Yamaha, Korg, and Roland; then you do not have very realistic expectations. As for as the question, did Domenik ever get someone to develop styles for him? The answer is yes. When I first purchased my Mediastation, about 6 months ago it already had a small number of styles included. I decided that I would rather base my purchase on the quality and the features of the hardware installed and the open ended upgrade path that would provide me with the most current abilities well into the future than purely on the number of styles available. I was rewarded with in a few short weeks with the first organized library of 270 styles that I was able to download from the Lionstracs site.

Domenik does have people that he pays to develop styles but he has stopped adding styles to the current library as he is now designing the next phase of Mediastation development and it will be another first for arranger keyboards! Are you ready this? The first ever software driven arranger, incorporating audio and midi and

Based solely on Giga sounds and Virtual Instruments (VSTis). If you know the quality of VSTis and Giga sounds then you realize how big a leap forward in technology and sound quality this will be! Not only incorporating the occasional Giga sound into a style, but also building the styles from the ground up using all Giga sounds for all style accompaniment parts and then throw in the VSTis for good measure. So all mediastation owners will also receive Gigs upon Gigs of fantastic sounds!

Oh Im sorry this is supposed to be the section on the weaknesses of the Mediastation. LOL! Ok what this means is that we; poor, pitiful disadvantaged will have to be content with our 270 styles library and importing styles from other keyboard manufacturers or making them ourselves until this new groundbreaking technology is ready. Somehow I am having a little trouble filling underprivileged. Lol

I hope that Domenik doesnt get upset with me for sharing info about this new all Giga and VSTi Style Library. But I would feel bad if people spent their money on other keyboards because they did not have all the info. It is based on the technology of LS 4.0 a new version of Linux Sampler that Domenik is helping the open source community by funding. It is slated for release in the first part of December, so I do not anticipate the G.V.S. Library until early next year.

The other main weakness is that we MS owners are few in number. While I have no idea how many MSs Lionstracs have actually sold, many were oriental Groovestations at the beginning,
I have only a few friends that I converse with who own a MS. So, just like with the first style library, the user groups for Roland, Korg, and Yamaha have built considerably over 20+ years.
I would enjoy the camaraderie of a larger circle of MS users but on the other hand, the chances of me showing up at a large event and finding all other keyboard players there have the same common keyboard as me is better than slim. I have the only X-88 Pro in the US and I actually have the first one ever built! Hey Domenik how about a collectors item certificate of authenticity? Lol

Ok Im tired now and ready for a break but I want to answer one last question first. Spalding you asked about the upgrades and the differences they made to functionality. Well I have installed a number of OS upgrades. Domenik changes the OS more often than some people change socks, lol.

Many of the updates I could see little or no change as they just increased efficiency, speed, etc.
Some had noticeable differences such as the one that added a programmable velocity curve and split point. After I installed the update I had a new screen accessible from my desktop or setup button. http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/curve.png This gives me the ability to remap 8 ranges of velocity to whatever I want by moving the 8 faders to the right of the screen.

Ok Im finished.

Richard

[This message has been edited by richard_shiflet (edited 11-09-2006).]

#166956 - 11/09/06 07:18 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
How much do they cost?
How much do they weigh?
Thanks,
DonM

#166957 - 11/09/06 07:30 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Hi
I am awaiting delivery of mine - hopefully next week! Can't wait. I am assuming that the Giga based styles will be available for us when released otherwise I have bought too early!
Hopefully there will soon be more of us!
Take care,
Mark
Quote:
Looks like I missed a few questions here. Though Domenik has answered some of them already, Ill throw a few comments in also.

Donny you asked about the registrations. Like Domenik explained they are called Performances on the Mediastation and are really easy to use. You just press performance, then new, an on screen keyboard comes up and you can use it or any attached keyboard (ps2 / usb) to type the name and enter. You can also group them in categories with any name you desire. The performance takes a complete snapshot of all the mediastations settings at that moment. Including all sound patch settings / splits, styles, even mp3 or wave files loaded in the player. They can then be recalled by the performance name, the group or the ID number; for easy organization. I lost track of all the 9s in the maximum number of performances that Domenik listed. LOL But I dont think you could ever use them all.

Al you asked how I liked the Mediastation. Short answer I am very pleased with it. Its current capabilities are great, but when you look at the future potential it is nothing short of phenomenal! You asked about my previous keyboards: First keyboard (I wont count the Bontempi, LOL) was a Roland RD 300 with a Korg Poly 800 module, next a Kurzwiel 1200 pro with a Korg I3 arranger on top, then a General Music SK880 Powerstation loaded with all options and a Kurzwiel Micro Piano module. The last GEM SK880 and Kurzwiel Micro Piano, I still have if anyones interested in buying.
I will be glad to try and give more of a review in another post (maybe with a more appropriate Topic Heading for people searching for Mediastation reviews). And Al, or anyone for that matter, if you want to contact me privately, feel free to do so. My email is listed in my profile and my Yahoo ID is richard_shiflet.

I agree with many of you that the demos are not the best at showing the Mediastations capabilities, though some are actually pretty good. I do not let any background noise affect my judgment. After gaining a complete picture of what the Mediastation really is I purchased it in spite of the demos. LOL.

Keith you are right about a lot of the demos showing the NI B4 organ and the Giga Pianos. These are definitely some of the Mediastations strengths. The ability to play Vstis and to stream large Giga samples from HD is something that no other arranger can do, with the exception of the Wersi. The Mediastation has so many diverse abilities that it surpasses even the synth workstations in abilities and pro quality hardware. So its no wonder that it is easy to forget that it is a very capable arranger. In fact it has been designed as an arranger from the ground up. Isnt this what most of us have been asking/dreaming for in all of our What is your perfect arranger threads for several years? How many posts have we read like If only some keyboard company would make an arranger that has the power of the top synth workstations? Well someone listened!

Mediastation Weaknesses:

Now before you guys begin to think that I am either on the Lionstracs payroll, I wish, or just some idiot who thinks his keyboard is perfect and has no faults; let me tell you what in my opinion are the weaknesses of the Mediastation. First and foremost it is the styles. If you think that a brand new company like Lionstracs is going to start out with a library of styles that surpass companies that have been extensively developing styles for 20+ years; like Yamaha, Korg, and Roland; then you do not have very realistic expectations. As for as the question, did Domenik ever get someone to develop styles for him? The answer is yes. When I first purchased my Mediastation, about 6 months ago it already had a small number of styles included. I decided that I would rather base my purchase on the quality and the features of the hardware installed and the open ended upgrade path that would provide me with the most current abilities well into the future than purely on the number of styles available. I was rewarded with in a few short weeks with the first organized library of 270 styles that I was able to download from the Lionstracs site.

Domenik does have people that he pays to develop styles but he has stopped adding styles to the current library as he is now designing the next phase of Mediastation development and it will be another first for arranger keyboards! Are you ready this? The first ever software driven arranger, incorporating audio and midi and

Based solely on Giga sounds and Virtual Instruments (VSTis). If you know the quality of VSTis and Giga sounds then you realize how big a leap forward in technology and sound quality this will be! Not only incorporating the occasional Giga sound into a style, but also building the styles from the ground up using all Giga sounds for all style accompaniment parts and then thaw in the VSTis for good measure. So all mediastation owners will also receive Gigs upon Gigs of fantastic sounds!

Oh Im sorry this is supposed to be the section on the weaknesses of the Mediastation. LOL! Ok what this means is that we; poor, pitiful disadvantaged will have to be content with our 270 styles library and importing styles from other keyboard manufacturers or making them ourselves until this new groundbreaking technology is ready. Somehow I am having a little trouble filling underprivileged. Lol

I hope that Domenik doesnt get upset with me for sharing info about this new all Giga and VSTi Style Library. But I would feel bad if people spent their money on other keyboards because they did not have all the info. It is based on the technology of LS 4.0 a new version of Linux Sampler that Domenik is helping the open source community by funding. It is slated for release in the first part of December, so I do not anticipate the G.V.S. Library until early next year.

The other main weakness is that we MS owners are few in number. While I have no idea how many MSs Lionstracs have actually sold, many were oriental Groovestations at the beginning,
I have only a few friends that I converse with who own a MS. So, just like with the first style library, the user groups for Roland, Korg, and Yamaha have built considerably over 20+ years.
I would enjoy the camaraderie of a larger circle of MS users but on the other hand, the chances of me showing up at a large event and finding all other keyboard players there have the same common keyboard as me is better than slim. I have the only X-88 Pro in the US and I actually have the first one ever built! Hey Domenik how about a collectors item certificate of authenticity? Lol

Ok Im tired now and ready for a break but I want to answer one last question first. Spalding you asked about the upgrades and the differences they made to functionality. Well I have installed a number of OS upgrades. Domenik changes the OS more often than some people change socks, lol.

Many of the updates I could see little or no change as they just increased efficiency, speed, etc.
Some had noticeable differences such as the one that added a programmable velocity curve and split point. After I installed the update I had a new screen accessible from my desktop or setup button. http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/curve.png This gives me the ability to remap 8 ranges of velocity to whatever I want by moving the 8 faders to the right of the screen.

Ok Im finished.

Richard

#166958 - 11/09/06 08:14 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
How much do they cost?
How much do they weigh?
Thanks,
DonM

Don

The MS X-88 Pro is the top model and sells for 5,300 euros.

The MS X-76 Pro is next at 4,900 euros.

Then the MS X-76 Expanded and the Groove X-76 are each 3,700 euros

The MS X-76 Std is 2,600 euros

As far as the weight, ever heard the old saying, " if you have to ask"? Lol

Just kidding but the Mediastations are not lightweight keyboards. But they are extremely solid, built for the rigors of the road. lol

I looked and couldn't find the weights maybe Domenik will post that for you but I'm guessing that the X-88 Pro is around 70-75 lbs as it feels to be about the same as my GEM SK880 and it is exactly 34,3 kg / 75,46 lbs

Mark, don't worry you're family now. Domenik takes care of his own. LOL

That's the beauty of the Mediastation. Even though I think it's a great value for what it right now imagine your "bang for the buck" in a few years.

Richard

#166959 - 11/09/06 08:39 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Yes the price are right, take from our web pages: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/

The weight of the Mediastation X-76 is 26Kg.

if some one is interesting to make some else with the mediastation, like others Media company, we suggest you to buy the Mediastation with 64bit CPU , like the Expanded and Pro models, because is already installed the dual AGP graphics card, for the external editing.
In the next ISO update we will include this package too, for someone that will use the Mediastation with CINELERRA Video editing: http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=it&lr=&q=cinelerra&btnG=Cerca

cheers

#166960 - 11/09/06 08:51 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Richard,
The response from Domenico has been nothing short of superb with everything I have asked, and when considering a purchase of anything this is something which has to be taken in to account - I am, pre receipt of goods, very impressed with the way that he is running Lionstracs and if the after sales service is as good as owners say it is then I am happy that I have made the right purchase. So far nothing has been too much trouble for him - Regards
Mark
Quote:
Don

The MS X-88 Pro is the top model and sells for 5,300 euros.

The MS X-76 Pro is next at 4,900 euros.

Then the MS X-76 Expanded and the Groove X-76 are each 3,700 euros

The MS X-76 Std is 2,600 euros

As far as the weight, ever heard the old saying, " if you have to ask"? Lol

Just kidding but the Mediastations are not lightweight keyboards. But they are extremely solid, built for the rigors of the road. lol

I looked and couldn't find the weights maybe Domenik will post that for you but I'm guessing that the X-88 Pro is around 70-75 lbs as it feels to be about the same as my GEM SK880 and it is exactly 34,3 kg / 75,46 lbs

Mark, don't worry you're family now. Domenik takes care of his own. LOL

That's the beauty of the Mediastation. Even though I think it's a great value for what it right now imagine your "bang for the buck" in a few years.

Richard

#166961 - 11/09/06 09:03 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Mark, for this don't worry.

I'm the first one that PRE and POST sales give the all support of my mediastation users. ( when I'm in my office of course, sometime I'm in another city for the production)

Richard and the other Mediastation users can confirm you that i'm almost present Online under Yahoo messenger for fast support.

When i had ready the new Flash dimm 64Mb we have shipped to all the Mediastation user too and gave the all support to install it.

When you have any question or problem, you know how to find me.

Domenik

#166962 - 11/09/06 09:38 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

Hi Domenik,
As my post says I have been very impressed with your service and the speed of your replies - very helpful indeed.
Thank you,
Kind regards
Mark
Quote:
Mark, for this don't worry.

I'm the first one that PRE and POST sales give the all support of my mediastation users. ( when I'm in my office of course, sometime I'm in another city for the production)

Richard and the other Mediastation users can confirm you that i'm almost present Online under Yahoo messenger for fast support.

When i had ready the new Flash dimm 64Mb we have shipped to all the Mediastation user too and gave the all support to install it.

When you have any question or problem, you know how to find me.

Domenik

#166963 - 11/09/06 11:56 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
OZ Offline

A lot of users of MS are using yahoo messenger.

This is like online help.

If Domenik is not having time, than other friends are all the time there. You must only call right one.

I hope that this will understand all friends of Mediastation.
We need each other. For tips and tricks is better to call friend than working by keyboard for hours and hours.

#166964 - 11/10/06 06:25 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a new thread entitled, Lionstracs Mediastation Review.
I remember other sz members wanting the Topic Heading to match the contents when possible and we have moved somewhat off topic from the original post, New GM/GS Soundbank 4300 and someone searching for a review may not know to look here.

Here is a link to the new thread, Lionstracs Mediastation Review. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/014434.html

Richard

#166965 - 11/10/06 06:26 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
I'm very interested.

I'm also in Australia!

Any Distribution Centres/Stores or Licensed Dealers out my way (or anywhere CLOSE)???

Or do I have to buy from the site, so to speak - in Euros (bad conversion from Australian Dollars!)????

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#166966 - 11/10/06 06:40 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Richard,
just wondering if for someone who mainly uses a keyboard for it's realtime arranger functions , would this type of keyboard really be the best choice at this stage of it's development??

You mentioned something about 270 or so styles?? Have these been specifically written for the Mediastation and a specific soundsouce,
or would users face some of the same hurdles that OMB ( One Man Band ) software users face ie OMB can play psr .sty files but we're pretty much left with having to find our own soundsource be it soundfonts, softsynths etc and we have to basically edit/tweak most styles we use.

When you buy a T2 or even a cheapie like my current psr1500 you have 100's of onboard styles that have been designed for the keyboard ie we have the option of tweaking or not, as the styles have been written for that particular keyboard and they normally sound quite good.

OMB/PC/Softsynth setup suits a user who has the time to spend finetuning styles, soundsource etc etc,
wheras an arranger keyboard is basically ready to use,
just wondering where the mediastation fits in, ready to use off the shelf like an arranger??

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by richard_shiflet:
[B]
Mediastation Weaknesses:

First and foremost it is the styles. If you think that a brand new company like Lionstracs is going to start out with a library of styles that surpass companies that have been extensively developing styles for 20+ years; like Yamaha, Korg, and Roland; then you do not have very realistic expectations.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#166967 - 11/10/06 06:46 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wish you the best with the project. When you start making one that weighs less than 40 pounds, I might be interested.
DonM

#166968 - 11/10/06 06:59 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Hellboy,
may be of interest to you. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum43/HTML/000039.html
I coudn't find it at the time, and I haven't checked the site recently.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hellboy44:
[B]I'm very interested.

I'm also in Australia!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#166969 - 11/10/06 07:17 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Thanks!

Still not on the site though!!

I'll check back periodically.

(Frustrating!)

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#166970 - 11/10/06 08:41 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Richard,
just wondering if for someone who mainly uses a keyboard for it's realtime arranger functions , would this type of keyboard really be the best choice at this stage of it's development??

You mentioned something about 270 or so styles?? Have these been specifically written for the Mediastation and a specific soundsouce,
or would users face some of the same hurdles that OMB ( One Man Band ) software users face ie OMB can play psr .sty files but we're pretty much left with having to find our own soundsource be it soundfonts, softsynths etc and we have to basically edit/tweak most styles we use.

When you buy a T2 or even a cheapie like my current psr1500 you have 100's of onboard styles that have been designed for the keyboard ie we have the option of tweaking or not, as the styles have been written for that particular keyboard and they normally sound quite good.

OMB/PC/Softsynth setup suits a user who has the time to spend finetuning styles, soundsource etc etc,
just wondering where the mediastation fits in, ready to use off the shelf like an arranger??

The Mediastation is a true arranger and the stlyes that come with it are setup for the Mediastation. The styles unfortunately aren't comparable to what Yamaha or Roland arrangers come with. You can of course import styles and create your own but if creating or tweaking styles isn't something you want to do, then you'd be better off buying something like a Yamaha that has lots of available styles for it.

The main reasons to buy a keyboard like the Mediastation are the features, sound quality, upgradeable software, and expandability. Until you see and hear an Open Ended keyboard like the Mediastation, Wersi, or Oasys in person, its hard to understand their advantages.

#166971 - 11/11/06 12:55 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Hellboy,
might be worth a phone call just to confirm if it's true, emailing them doesn't always work.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy44:
Thanks!

Still not on the site though!!

I'll check back periodically.

(Frustrating!)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#166972 - 11/11/06 02:31 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
rikkisbears Offline

Thank you Ensnareyou,
tweaking styles is actually something I enjoy doing, so for me personally, it would suit.
Todate I've only gone down the omb/laptop/soundfont path , a fairly inexpensive option to try before getting involved in a more expensive option like the mediastation.
With OMB software I haven't really progressed beyond using soundfonts for the styles themselves. From what I gather ( my knowledge is rather limited) some of the sample players aren't really designed for instantaneous program & bank changes required by my psr styles, loading times can be a problem etc etc , hence I've stuck with loading a soundfont bank as the sounds are available immediately if there are program changes within the various style parts.

Can the Mediastation styles use a variety of sounds throughout a style ie
variation 1 style track 3 48 strings
variation 2 style track 3 51 synth strings
variation 3 style track 3 53 choir
does it accept these sort of program changes in realtime or do you have to use
style track 3 48 strings throughout that style??

Thank you
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#166973 - 11/11/06 06:54 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Hi Richard,

Rikki,

Yes, I do think that the Mediastation would be a very good choice for someone who mainly uses their keyboard for it's realtime arranger functions. As I mentioned before its style library still has room for improvement, but the arranger engine itself has been developed quite well.

The Mediastation arranger has the ability to use up to 16 parts: 4 intros, 4 variations, 4 fills, and 4 endings. It also has a break function that causes a pause in the arranger as long as the break button is pressed.

Each part is made up of 16 tracks of accompaniment instruments plus an additional track for audio wave files.

You are correct about the number of styles. The last style library release had 270 styles. These do seem to have either been written or adapted and remapped specifically for the Mediastation's sound source. So my answer would be "no", users would not be faced with the OMB type hurdles of having to remap sounds when using the included style library.

However, the experienced arranger player will probably want to convert styles they are already familiar with or possibly create new ones to their tastes. These would have only to be saved as standard midi files and remapped to the Mediastation's internal sound engine.

New midi file parts can be created within the mediastation through a very advanced software sequencer named Rosegarden. This software is already included in every Mediastation.

Therefore my answer to your question of where does the Mediastation fit in? Is that it is suited equally well to both the novice or user who does not care to tweak or edit styles but is content with using the included style library; and also to the user who wants to take further advantage of the flexibilty of the Mediastation and convert or create their own styles.

And as the included style library continues to grow I think the Mediatation will prove irself as the perfect hybird system the best of both options, dedicated traditional arranger and software arranger combined.

Hope this gives more insight.

Richard

#166974 - 11/11/06 07:38 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Thank you Ensnareyou,
tweaking styles is actually something I enjoy doing, so for me personally, it would suit.
Todate I've only gone down the omb/laptop/soundfont path , a fairly inexpensive option to try before getting involved in a more expensive option like the mediastation.
With OMB software I haven't really progressed beyond using soundfonts for the styles themselves. From what I gather ( my knowledge is rather limited) some of the sample players aren't really designed for instantaneous program & bank changes required by my psr styles, loading times can be a problem etc etc , hence I've stuck with loading a soundfont bank as the sounds are available immediately if there are program changes within the various style parts.

Thank you
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
[B]

Rikki,

Being used to the OMB/Soundfont, should make converting style on a Mediastation very easy and intuitive for you. There will be not need to search for soundfonts as the sound source is already provided. No need for Vst Hosts or midi yoke virtual connections, its all handled for you in the OS. Just remap the style by choosing which instruments you like the best.

As to your question about having individual tracks change voices within a style.
Quote:

I don't think that this is an option currently supported, Domenik can correct me if I'm wrong. However there seems to be an easy workaround.

As the Mediastation can handle 16 individual tracks, in the example above using 3 variations with different instrument sets, you could try the following: lets say we wanted to use audio drum loops for the percussion, a different audio wave file for each variation. Let's also assume that we have chosen a very good quality Giga Bass that will be the same on all tracks. Then with the remaining 15 tracks we could use 3 different sets of instruments for accompaniment on the 3 variations. Each containing 5 instruments unique to one variation. 3 sets of 5 different instruments in addition to the audio drums and giga bass, that's 7 instruments at a time. You probably wouldn't need more and if you did you still have access to the other 10 instrument not already in use in a particular variation.

But you would probably not want to change that many instruments at a time between variations anyway. I think the variations may began to sound too unrelated if more than a couple of instruments change.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

Richard

[This message has been edited by richard_shiflet (edited 11-11-2006).]

#166975 - 11/12/06 02:20 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rikkisbears:

Thank you
best wishes
Rikki

Hi Rikki
is your ID in yahoo: Kats...? If are you, I have replyed to your message but never get back a reply of mine. Anyway if you will contact me, post the message in my web page: Contact us.

About the style:
IF I have good understand, I think you are able to make the styles pattern with the sounds change that you like.
First: when we load one style, we will load ONE time the all program change available inside of all the midifiles. After the style is loaded, we will not send more program change because this will send midi latency and is possible to lose some Note.

The MS arranger work with the full 16 Midifile tracks Channels system and not only 8 tracks like the all others arrangers.

anyway, we have fixed some tracks in this way:
Channel 2: Bass line, use always this CH for the Bass line.
Channel 9+10+11+12 for the Drumsets ( 4 independents midichannels without Transpose mode)
All the remain midi channles are available to record Chords/solist parts.
With the 4 tracks drums you have the freedom to programming complex Drums parts.
Example:
1)You can use the standard midi CH 10 for 1 GM/GS drumkits or GIGA GM drumkits for the all standard Drums and percussion sets.
2) IF you like, in the CH 9, you can load one GIGA Drum Instruments, like the Bass Drums, this GIH instruments is full of ONLY Bass drums and you choose under the midi note the Bass drum that you like better.
3) load again one new GIGA Drum SNARES Instruments in the midi CH 11 and write the note line of the only SNARES that you like better, the SNARES Instruments is full of ONLY snares sounds.
4) Load again in the midi CH 12 one GIGA Hit-Hat instruments OR GIGA ( or GM sounds palette) Percussion sets and record the note line.
result:
now you have 4 independent DRUMS tracks, where in each track you can edit the Volume, Pan Pot, Reverb Send, Chorus send. In this way you are able to MIX the drumkits how you like and make up to 12 different soundset palette of each style too.

Then IF you like have in some Pattern ( intro, Var1,2, 3...) diferent sounds, just COPY/PASTE the midi track in your SEQ and change the midi channels in the new SEQ track.
Example: one Variation 1 pattern can have only 4-5 Midi tracks working and the Variation 4: can have the full 16 Tracks working.
The MS will always play the all tracks found inside the midifile and transmit the midi note in the engine that you like: GM/GS sounds or GIGA instruments.
This MS arranger system allow you to make styles how you like and configuring the Tracks in the engine that you like.

IF you need a special sounds that we dont have in the GIGA soundbank, then make the GIG instruments yourself under gigastudio and use it for make your style.
When the style is ready under your Windows PC, copy the new GIGA instruments inside the MS Gigalibrary.
Open the MS editor, open the Midi Track used for this sound, select GIGA sound key and browse the file editor to the GIGA instruments that you made yourself.
press Enter for loading it, edit the volume, pan, revrb.. and press SAVE.

Now your MS style wil play the all sounds in realtime that you have saved before.

Note: Giga sound need to preload in the Ram chace for streaming.. if you make new giga instrument with 1 Layer only and about 30-50Mb file, the MS will load it in about 0.5 seconds and then you are ready to play the style.
IF in one tracks you link the Piano Bosendoerfer 290, 1900Mb file, the arranger start anyway to play the all sounds available and when the Bosendoefer is loaded ( about 10-15 sencods) the arranger will play the note of this Big Piano too.

So..is a compromise system, can be Fast to load and play a styles or can be slow IF you will load 2-3GB of GIGA sounds ( untill they are ready in chace)
Styles with Audio wav dont have loading latency, because we streaming from HD in realtime, this audio style can be 500Mb too and we start immediatley.

Let me know if you need more info or contact me in Yahoo.
Domenik

#166976 - 11/12/06 08:00 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Richard,
thank you for your very detailed answer.
16 tracks ( wow ).
I agree you woundn't want too many instrument changes throughout a style.
When I edit a style for OMB I usually swap the tracks around to try and avoid unnecessary program changes ie try & keep strings on just say channel 14, guitar on 12 etc etc

Hopefully Aust. will have a distributer.
Supposedly we have one but haven't managed to find a Mediastation on their website as yet.

Thanks again

best wishes
Rikki
[B]

As to your question about having individual tracks change voices within a style.
I don't think that this is an option currently supported, Domenik can correct me if I'm wrong. However there seems to be an easy workaround.

As the Mediastation can handle 16 individual tracks, in the example above using 3 variations with different instrument sets, you could try the following: lets say we wanted to use audio drum loops for the percussion, a different audio wave file for each variation. Let's also assume that we have chosen a very good quality Giga Bass that will be the same on all tracks. Then with the remaining 15 tracks we could use 3 different sets of instruments for accompaniment on the 3 variations. Each containing 5 instruments unique to one variation. 3 sets of 5 different instruments in addition to the audio drums and giga bass, that's 7 instruments at a time. You probably wouldn't need more and if you did you still have access to the other 10 instrument not already in use in a particular variation.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#166977 - 11/12/06 08:18 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Domenic,
no, even my Yahoo id is under rikkisbears
for the various groups I belong to
(including my stylemaking group)

Styles are a bit of a hobby of mine, unfortunately don't have the musical talent to create them from scratch. Just find it fascinating how the various keyboards handle styles.
I'll have to study your answer for a while as the Mediastation style format appears different to the other keyboards I've owned.

Very interesting indeed.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
[Bstyle??

Hi Rikki
is your ID in yahoo: Kats...? If are you, I have replyed to your message but never get back a reply of mine. Anyway if you will contact me, post the message in my web page: Contact us.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#166978 - 11/13/06 07:05 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Hi Richard,
thank you for your very detailed answer.
16 tracks ( wow ).
I agree you woundn't want too many instrument changes throughout a style.
When I edit a style for OMB I usually swap the tracks around to try and avoid unnecessary program changes ie try & keep strings on just say channel 14, guitar on 12 etc etc

Hopefully Aust. will have a distributer.
Supposedly we have one but haven't managed to find a Mediastation on their website as yet.

Thanks again

best wishes
Rikki

Rikki, Glad to help anyway that I can. Thanks to Domenik's post above, I realize the error I made in forgetting that 4 of the arranger tracks (9,10,11 and 12) have been designed for drums and percussion and as such they do not follow chord changes. This would make them unsuitable for other accompaniment instruments. So that would leave us with 12 such tracks and not 15. altering the number of unique accompaniment instruments per variation (not used in other variations) to 4 instead of 5. Hope I didn't cause too much confusion with my answer.

For someone with your experience in tweaking or remapping styles with OMB and using soundfonts, Using the Mediastation should be a "piece of cake". With the giga sound library already connected as the soundsource all you have to do is make sure that the music data is in the form of std midi files and that the style parts have names that the arranger engine can recognize. Names like intro1.mid, intro2.mid for introductions or like var1_maj.mid, var1_min.mid for variation 1 major chord accompaniment and variation 1 minor chord accompaniment, respectively and so on.

And with onboard tools already installed like Rosegarden, Ardour GTK, Audacity and others you can do almost everything from inside the Mediastation. And these programs are updated to the most current version with the Mediastation OS upgrades. I received the newer version of Rosegarden about 4 weeks ago automatically when I loaded an Mediastation OS upgrade the iso installer handles it with no action necessary on my part.

Richard

#166979 - 11/13/06 01:16 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Richard,
sorry to take up so much of your time, have another question

If I understand correctly,
you have a full 16 tracks to create a major variation, you also have 16 tracks for a minor variation?? can you also create parts for any other chords like 7th's , diminished etc???

Sounds like it shouldn't be all that difficult to put together a style using EMC software. With Universal version, possibly wouldn't even need to go thru the process of converting from one format to another ?
just save as midifile & then put it thru whatever process is required to create a mediastation style & do the necessary tweaking of the sounds volume etc

I'm probably being overly optimistic.

Just wondering is there any literature available ie guidelines on what is allowable in styles, ie
for instance in a variation chord track
if the track has been recorded on cmaj chord can only the notes c e g be used?
can melodic phrases be used in variations?
Basically I'm trying to find out what is permissible.

I still haven't found a perfect replacement for my ex KN7000 as far as style creation process goes, though OMB was getting fairly close to what I wanted, but laptop/soundfont etc has disadvantages too.

thanks again

best wishes
Rikki

[B]
With the giga sound library already connected as the soundsource all you have to do is make sure that the music data is in the form of std midi files and that the style parts have names that the arranger engine can recognize. Names like intro1.mid, intro2.mid for introductions or like var1_maj.mid, var1_min.mid for variation 1 major chord accompaniment and variation 1 minor chord accompaniment, respectively and so on.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#166980 - 11/13/06 06:03 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Hi Richard,
sorry to take up so much of your time, have another question

If I understand correctly,
you have a full 16 tracks to create a major variation, you also have 16 tracks for a minor variation?? can you also create parts for any other chords like 7th's , diminished etc???

Rikki,
No problem glad to help!

Yes 16 tracks for maj and another 16 for min also 16 for 7th and 16 for dim7th.

Here id an excerpt from the arranger specifications:

16 Tracks Arranger Pattern, MIDI File format 0
4 INTRO
4 FILLS
4 VARIATION
4 ENDING
4 CHORDS system: Maj, Min, 7th, 7thdim
Unlimited lenght structure for each pattern! One style MAY BE 50-100-200Mb!
Unlimited Styles Family Group
Unlimited Styles presets

I copied this from the website just follow this link
http://www.lionstracs.com/site/index.php?option=content&pcontent=1&task=view&id=42&Itemid=61

Richard

#166981 - 11/13/06 06:42 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Sounds like it shouldn't be all that difficult to put together a style using EMC software. With Universal version, possibly wouldn't even need to go thru the process of converting from one format to another ?
just save as midifile & then put it thru whatever process is required to create a mediastation style & do the necessary tweaking of the sounds volume etc

I'm probably being overly optimistic.

Just wondering is there any literature available ie guidelines on what is allowable in styles, ie
for instance in a variation chord track
if the track has been recorded on cmaj chord can only the notes c e g be used?
can melodic phrases be used in variations?
Basically I'm trying to find out what is permissible.

You are right it is a simple conversion. You import into the Roland module of EMC, then export as a standard midi file. That's it! Then the tweaking begins balancing volumes and choosing better sounds where necessary.

I think that the Roland module is only used to get the proper names for the style parts. If you would like more than the info on the web, then take a look at the Stle Making package. http://www.lionstracs.com/store/make-style-p-140.html?osCsid=4bbd88fc1ec34b2b1cc37e39db89ca95

It includes the PDF Arranger specifications
and Cubase Templates.

You also asked "for instance in a variation chord track, if the track has been recorded on cmaj chord, can only the notes c e g be used?

No, any notes could be present but the transposing would be applied to all notes

Yes, melodic phrases can be used in variations?

Richard

#166982 - 11/13/06 08:02 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Richard,
thanks again.

The style section of the keyboard sounds more interesting by the minute.
I'll check out the link you gave me.

best wishes
rikki

Quote:

You also asked "for instance in a variation chord track, if the track has been recorded on cmaj chord, can only the notes c e g be used?

No, any notes could be present but the transposing would be applied to all notes

Yes, melodic phrases can be used in variations?

Richard

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#166983 - 11/15/06 04:19 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

QUOTE]Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Richard,
thanks again.

The style section of the keyboard sounds more interesting by the minute.
I'll check out the link you gave me.

best wishes
rikki

[/QUOTE]

Rikki,

Were you able to get the information you needed from the website?

I have even heard about the posibility of eventually being able to read Yamaha styles directly into the mediastation. But I don't know when that might be possible, as Domenik has a couple of new things he is releasing already this month and these things take time.

Anyway, all these developments make me glad that I put my money into extremely high quality hardware with a very flexible open software system, rather than into a lower quality build of hardware and only a more extensive proprietary software library of styles. Because, as we all know you cannot upgrade your hardware for free, but with Lionstracs, we can upgrade the software for free.

A one-time purchase and you can take advantage of all that Lionstracs is developing for life. Not a bad deal at all!

Richard

#166984 - 11/15/06 04:40 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
did Domenik say that all future software upgrades wouild be done for free ??? If thats true then you do have indeed a very good bargain but if Dom is a business man (and i am sure he is) then he would never commit to that indefinately . Dont get too carried away.

#166985 - 11/15/06 05:00 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Hi Spalding
All the Lionstracs OS updates will be always for FREE for the ALL Mediastation users. After they register in our web store, we move thy under mediastation group.
They can login and they will find all the OS product at the price of euro 0, = FREE download.
One example: the GIGA sounbank 4300Mb was till today downloaded 157 times and always for FREE.

who is NOT owner of one mediastation keyboard, they have to pay it, this is normally.
Regards

#166986 - 11/15/06 05:39 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding4:
did Domenik say that all future software upgrades wouild be done for free ??? If thats true then you do have indeed a very good bargain but if Dom is a business man (and i am sure he is) then he would never commit to that indefinately . Dont get too carried away.

Spalding,

You are absolutely right. I just checked the website. http://www.lionstracs.com/site/

And the exact wording is: "You will BUY only ONE time, you will Update the Mediastation OS FREE forever!"

My apologies for using the word "life" instead of the word "forever". Thank you for catching that.

No one knows what the future holds, but I think that Domenik has made his intentions clear, in that he plans to continue his support of the Mediastation. I understand your concerns about this philosophy as a business plan. It is extremely good for the consumer, but not extremely profitable for the company.

Being a business first, I think Lionstracs will make a lot of money from their hardware sales, they are also planning other related products besides keyboards(shhhhhh). But I also think that this is more than a business venture for Domenik. The Mediastation is his "baby", He conceived it and developed it to this point, with help of course, and he is not about to let it be put in a corner and forgotten. He is going to see it through to its full potential.

I have spoken with Domenik regularly for well over a year and have found him to be a man of his word. I certainly trust him more than the CEO of any other keyboard company. LOL, I don't even know any of the other CEO's. But I have keyboards from other companies sitting right here in my studio, that have buttons designed for future features that are still inoperative 10 years later. Maybe I should just be patient. lol

I took a leap of faith and purchased the top model Mediastation while so many SZ members posted negative comments. When you are making a big purchase like a high-end arranger you should be able to enjoy the moment and tell all your friends on synthzone, so that can be happy for you also. That is the sense of commraderie that we should be building here. But I kept the news to myself to keep from being ridiculed because of the atmosphere at that time.

So you'll have to excuse me if I get just a little "carried away", now that I feel completely validated in my choices. A lot of the members negative posts made it hard for me to make the right choice, a few members actually helped by asking questions and making comments on the positive aspects of the Mediastation. To those I say "thanks".

My goal is not to see a Mediastaion in every arranger players hands. I think there are many good arrangers and I want to see them all promoted here. I am, however, commited presenting information as accurately as I can so that other people like myself can see the full picture and make an informed buying decision. I want to maker it easier for the next person taking the same path that I have taken.

And you are especially correct with you statement, "If thats true then you do have indeed a very good bargain."

I think so too!

Richard

#166987 - 11/15/06 01:34 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
OZ Offline

I can also say as MEDIASTATION USER that I'm having all updates for free.

Good is also support from LIONSTRACS about new things.

#166988 - 11/15/06 01:42 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Richard.... will you post back here if and when the Mediastation comes with as many, and as good, styles that come in a Tyros2 or E80? I think that is the point at which it will take off and crush the competition.

Until then, I think I would rather have hundreds of great styles with a (relatively) mediocre sound engine, than a great sound engine and few great styles..... As I've said before, even the T2 would sell poorly if it came with as few good styles, and the users were expected to create or edit their own.

You want to sell a gazillion Mediastations, Domenik? Stop developing new features for a year. Spend your entire R&D budget on style development. Kick everyone's a$$ and THEN start back up on the new OS's.

#166989 - 11/15/06 01:49 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Stop developing new features for a year. Spend your entire R&D budget on GREAT style development.

Dikki....I gotta agree with ya there .....good advice.....great post!!

#166990 - 11/15/06 01:53 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Diki
Don't worry..
Let my developers complete the new GIGA Linuxsampler 4.0 Gm/GS, unlimited voice with 127 Program X 127 GS variation, more than 16.000 GIG sounds in realtime, RAM/Disk Streaming.
Then we wil restart mapping the all styles under a 8Gb GIGA soundfonts in REALTIME, NO delay and latency to recall one sound.

december will be available the new sampler and al the MS user can download it for FREE and they dont have to Upgrade the board..( $$$) Wait when where available the dream T3...I like know how much $$$ you have to spend and how much $$$ will value your T2.

Then we start again to have fun around...

#166991 - 11/15/06 03:15 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Spalding1 Offline

well if Dom is going to provide free os upgrades "forever" for then i seriously and genuinely wish him well with the media station sales. It gets really hard and expensive having to find brand new customers to generate profit and incredibly hard supporting existing "one time" customers with an open ended contract that has no profit and infinite developement costs.........

I dont doubt doms commitment to the mediastation project. I just hope he has really deep pockets

#166992 - 11/15/06 03:45 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Richard,
I gather the main info is in the stylemaking pak? ( which isn't free & I certainly don't have a hassle with that).
Before I would bother purchasing, I've actually got to try & find out if there is an actual distributer here in Australia.
Abacus mentioned a a store to me a while back, but haven't found Mediastation on their website as yet, so maybe it didn't happen? Don't like getting too excited about a keyboard & then find it's not readily available. ( We don't have a Wersi dealer here either as far as I know)
Worse still , sometimes our currency conversion rate makes keyboards very pricey.
Except for the fact that dealers here give reasonably good discounts, a lot of keyboards would be unaffordable for the average person.

It sounds like it's an amazing bit of gear.
I'll wait till hubby's in a really good mood before I start further checking. haa haa

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#166993 - 11/15/06 03:46 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Diki Offline

Domenik..... did you READ my post?

I don't care HOW many new features the next OS has....

Styles, Styles. Styles........ That's all anyone cares about, first and foremost.

Until you have as many good styles OOTB as a T2 or E80, not many here care if a Mediastation streams, squirts or oozes samples from the hard drive. They care about how many kick-a$$ styles come with it.

You want to blow your customers away (and your competition)? Instead of promising new OSs on an ongoing basis, promise them 20 new slammin' styles a month.... FOREVER! And, unlike Yamaha, or Roland, etc., ACTUALLY KEEP YOUR PROMISE!

THAT's what arranger owners REALLY want......

#166994 - 11/15/06 08:49 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
to the genesys Offline

Can any one who actually has a mediastation confirm whether the styles on the mediastation are really really bad?

It seems as if we are making assumptions that the mediastations styles are way way behind Roland, Yamaha, Gem, Ketron and Korg styles.

If the onboard styles would be a deal breaker for keyboard musicians looking for an arranger, then this only helps to give more support to those who have a negative view to arranger and to those who play them.

With the endless possibilities and the integration between ones studio and live performance, and the future ability to import styles, I just can not see how onboard styles could prevent a performer from getting one.

If some persons (which I find hard to believe) are so dependant on factory styles for their performances rather than sounds, usability, playing and entertaining ability, then maybe those players may need to rethink their role as an OMB.

#166995 - 11/15/06 11:10 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Spalding1 Offline

i hear you to the genesys but the fact remains that many OMB performers if not most do not depend upon their abilities in a studio to make a living. They make their money in front of customers and if they are any good then thats where they want to spend most of their productive time. Not endlesly tweaking imported styles that never sound as good as factory preset ones.

I am excited about the possibilities of the mediastation and genuinley look forward to the projects progress. But i suspect that most arranger owners arnt all that interested in the open ended features of the instrument as most of us do not use i estimste even 1/3 of our existing closed system instruments now .

Its ALL ABOUT THE SOUND. On paper the mediastation is outstanding as a technological wonder. But its needs to be available for peple to play. It needs very well developed styles at least equal to the big players. If there is software on the mediastation that can convert styles so that they sound as good as the proprietory system they were created on then i would like to see and hear a demo of that. It would probably help a lot of musicians here in their decision to purchase because seeing and hearing is believeing. Theorising and talking about posibilities creates interest but does not necessarly result in sales. People want to buy a finished polished product that is accesible and not one still in developement that is only available to try on purchase.

Dom has been told what his potnntial customers want by his potential customers. As a businessman he has been given a gift into the mindset of his customers and how to blow the aranger keyboard market apart. Lets see how he responds to clear unambiguous buying signals.

#166996 - 11/15/06 11:11 PM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
jonesyboy Offline

My MS hasn't arrived yet - but - I have made my purchase on the strength of the sound library and not the styles. I have a specific requirement for the band that I play with - styles are nice to have for me to have for when I just want to play at home but the main reason for the purchase is the sound library and the fact that I knwo Dom will keep on producing updates, new sounds and features - and I will not have to keep on spending thousands of pounds upgrading and changing boards. I don't believe that all kb owners have the requirements for styles, styles and more styles...yes a selection of very good ones is imporatnt but not the be all and end all of the reason for purchasing the kb. Just my opinion,
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Can any one who actually has a mediastation confirm whether the styles on the mediastation are really really bad?

It seems as if we are making assumptions that the mediastations styles are way way behind Roland, Yamaha, Gem, Ketron and Korg styles.

If the onboard styles would be a deal breaker for keyboard musicians looking for an arranger, then this only helps to give more support to those who have a negative view to arranger and to those who play them.

With the endless possibilities and the integration between ones studio and live performance, and the future ability to import styles, I just can not see how onboard styles could prevent a performer from getting one.

If some persons (which I find hard to believe) are so dependant on factory styles for their performances rather than sounds, usability, playing and entertaining ability, then maybe those players may need to rethink their role as an OMB.

#166997 - 11/16/06 12:50 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
thats just the point. This is an arranger forum because the majority of users want arranger features on their keyboards. As a keyboard for studio/workstation and band playing use , i can see the immediate benefits of the mediastation right now as it is. But if this is being marketed as an arranger to arranger players then Dom needs to adapt his product and marketing accordingly. He has to focus on the benefits that this market values. Its not rocket science. Although you bought the media station as it is, there is still a niche market of arranger players that are just itching for Dom to demonstrate and develope the features they are interested in.It may well be that dom has done the maths and it is more profitable for him to develope the instrument along the lines of a studio/workstation instrument with the potential for arranger use but with more emphasis on the former.

I am not knocking the instrument or anyone that has purchased it. I think it has bags of potential for the arranger market.

#166998 - 11/16/06 12:51 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Magica Alfa Offline

Congratulations.

We will be in touch about your new MS.

#166999 - 11/16/06 02:35 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Magica Alfa Offline

Dear, Spalding4

This keyboard is workstation and arranger. All is in one.

We must only find what we need.

If you need arranger you can use it as arranger, with all good tips of arranger, even better.

How many of keyboards are having wav streaming and changing of tempo without cut of wav file on parts.

Explanation:

If I copy part of drum loop inside in styles. I use this loop at 120 bmp. Than I only change tempo to 140 bmp and drum loop is playing 140 bmp - faster. I can also use same loop for 80 bmp. Exactly I can do what I want. Same thing is with other complete part of song. You can play it as arranger. A lot of presentations are made there about this part.

I can agree that MS needs to develop. Because it is needs more functions as having other arrangers in midi styles.

We can play all what we want. Styles need only filling of our hands.

#167000 - 11/16/06 03:44 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
kbrkr Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

I don't care HOW many new features the next OS has....

Styles, Styles. Styles........ That's all anyone cares about, first and foremost.

Sorry, I disagree vehemently on this point. Styles can be added post-production when the keyboard is in the field. If I remember correctly, Lionstracs were going to write a style conversion engine that would allow a user of the keyboard to pretty much dump all the styles from one of the "Brand" arrangers into the Mediastation, then map them to internal Giga sounds. (Domenick, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Domenick's main responsibility is to get as much value and technology into the board and release it into public domain. Since it is an "Open" platform, Sounds, Wav's, MP3's, Styles can all be added for each individual user. What is the point of keeping the keyboard in the factory until the styles are build and polished?

I actually applaud Lionstracs aggressive approach to this board. The business model took guts and was very risky, but after 2 years, I have to tell you, I am very interested in this board.

The concept of an Open system which won't be obsolete in 2-5 years is very sexy. You can buy Professional Styles anywhere or make your own, but can you program your own VST manager? NO!

You have to admit, this is fun talking about this board and the potential it holds.

Just my two or three cents..

#167001 - 11/16/06 04:53 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Yes, you are right
The styles we insert after the OS installation, this mean that we are ablo to continue insert a new styles too.

Anyway, I will make you there happy too...
Give us some days more and then will be available another new 200-300 Styles package to load in the basic setup.

500 styles i think are enough...but we will continue, the MS users around seem that are help us a lot now.
The MS don' have limitation to load new styles and gategory.

regards

#167002 - 11/16/06 06:07 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
to the genesys Offline

It sounds as if the mediastation does have extensive arranger features and styles.

I am just trying to find out the correct facts about the mediastation before we jump to conclusions and assume what it has and doesnt have and do and doesnt as far as arranger features and styles go.

What they probably dont have is lots of arranger players, who own a mediastation, and who just use styles exclusively on their gigs.

Dont get me wrong, constructive criticism is good for the mediastation but the criticism should be on the actual facts of the mediastation and not just assumptions.

What lionstrack needs to do is since this is an arranger forum, and arranger is just a percentage of what the mediastation can do, they should get the mediastation in the hands of a good arranger player to demonstrate how the mediastation can be valuable for a OMB.

#167003 - 11/16/06 06:43 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
richard_shiflet Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Sorry, I disagree vehemently on this point. Styles can be added post-production when the keyboard is in the field. If I remember correctly, Lionstracs were going to write a style conversion engine that would allow a user of the keyboard to pretty much dump all the styles from one of the "Brand" arrangers into the Mediastation, then map them to internal Giga sounds. (Domenick, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Domenick's main responsibility is to get as much value and technology into the board and release it into public domain. Since it is an "Open" platform, Sounds, Wav's, MP3's, Styles can all be added for each individual user. What is the point of keeping the keyboard in the factory until the styles are build and polished?

I actually applaud Lionstracs aggressive approach to this board. The business model took guts and was very risky, but after 2 years, I have to tell you, I am very interested in this board.

The concept of an Open system which won't be obsolete in 2-5 years is very sexy. You can buy Professional Styles anywhere or make your own, but can you program your own VST manager? NO!

You have to admit, this is fun talking about this board and the potential it holds.

Just my two or three cents..

Kbrkr,

THANK YOU! Finally a voice of reason.
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who sees that an arranger keyboard is not simply a style collection! That is only one of the many important parts that contribute to the whole. And while a big keyboard company may excel in one part, the sum of the parts that make up the Mediastation equals a whole workstation that easily surpasses everything currently on the market.

You hit the nail on the head when you said, You can buy Professional Styles anywhere or make your own, but can you program your own VST manager? NO!
Neither can you extend the length of style parts or memory allocated for styles, beyond the limits set by the manufacturer. Neither can you design Giga HD streaming in a keyboard that has not been designed for that. Neither can you include audio wave files or mp3s in an arranger that is not capable of that. Nor independent time stretching and pitch shifting of real-time audio. Nor incorporate high quality sequencers such as Rosegarden or advanced audio editing like Audacity. Nor use a Pro-Tools like DAW such as Ardour. Nor play an arranger backed by an 8Gb all Giga Soundfont. Nor have professional quality 24bit XLR outputs, for the very highest fidelity. Nor full video editing, nor 8 band adjustable velocity curve, nor fully programmable and flexible internal audio and midi routing between all software modules and all hardware inputs and outputs like Jack.

Add to this the multitude of input/output options, the high quality controls, DVD burner, and the ability to connect any USB 2.0 or Firewire device that you would like to use. Also add the advantage of having all std computer connections: printer, monitor, ps2 keyboard and mouse etc

To the Genesis, Thank you for being open minded, you were one of the few over the last year who would recognize the possibilities of the Mediastation. Even before I purchased one your posts made more sense to me than those just slamming Lionstracs. To answer your question about the styles, No they are not really, really bad. I am sorry if I gave that impression, but I wanted to give a very fair and balanced review. Some of the styles are very good, some are fair and could use a little improvement, but the collection is growing rapidly as you see in Domeniks post above. And when our collection is as large as anyones they will still not be able to add all the other features that we will be using.

But you will probably notice that all the negative comments seem to be coming from those who have never experienced the Mediastation. That probably will continue, but it didnt stop me from buying the Mediastation and it didnt stop others. In the end everyone has to make up their own mind.

Richard

#167004 - 11/16/06 10:08 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Lionstracs
You may be interested in how Wersi are developing their Style system, and which may also give you some more ideas for styles on the Mediastation, it can be found in the new Wersi thread I have created.
Hope this helps

Bill
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/014461.html

#167005 - 11/16/06 10:50 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
Diki Offline

Please don't get me wrong..... as I've stated elsewhere, I am NOT on a personal crusade against Lionstracs or Wersi, or anyone. I just wish to acknowledge a basic fact of the arranger world. As anyone who has read my thread about how many of us develop our own styles will see, it's not too many of us. In fact only a couple said they roll their own from scratch, and a few more said they convert and tweak, that's all.

From this, I am forced to come to the conclusion that only a small percentage want to take on the odious task of style development. A huge library of high quality built-in styles, and access to even more online seems to be the main criteria in purchasing, along with sound quality. Only recently, one of the main discussion topics here at SZ was the OOTB 'sound' of varying high-end arrangers, and how much most people disliked the thought that they would need to do ANYTHING other than unpack it and start to play.

THAT is the average arranger user, despite the fact he is willing to plunk down $4k plus for this ability.

I really DO applaud Domenik, and his quest for ever better capabilities, and I DO think that his is the future of keyboards. But I also feel that, in trying to combine the open ended software workstation with the arranger, he is prioritizing big letters WORKSTATION, little letters arranger.....

I, and many others here, already have computer-based VSTi's, and HD recorders, and would love to have something that allowed all that AND a great arranger capability. But not at the cost of a massive increase in workload to get the styles to work well, and develop them myself.

Time will tell, as more of these get into the hands of users, whether the style library that comes with them is as elevated as their price. I anxiously await some detailed reviews, and demos.

One concern I have is, how are the major manufacturers going to respond to their sales being scavenged by these new instruments, that will rely on THEIR copyrighted styles to get sales? Will we start to see encrypted file formats? Will we see a wave of litigation as the majors try to stem the tide powered by their own styles? Will the independent style creators FINALLY get to see some real profits for developing styles for these new creatures? Only time will tell. Maybe they are not concerned, yet, but they will be.... At least if Domenik gets his way!

#167006 - 11/16/06 10:52 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
OZ Offline

If you are brave you can make a program in LINUX.

That is future of keyboards and we keyboard players.
I thing here come new generation of keyboards where is all possible.

We must only see our needs.

#167007 - 11/16/06 11:34 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Diki, in some point i give you right, in others i think we have to discuss for months..

About the styles copyright..
Well, after we saw what give around and what the other brans made too, I THINK will be really hard get copyright problems with the styles..

EMC style converter now have about 10 years of life, this application is still unique worldwide and they continue sell without ANY legals problems.
The probe you can see in the other keyboards too:
Wersi is starting to merge the style converter in the OAS.
Korg PA offer the styles converter too.
Generalmusic have integrated too.
For Roland give a lot of tools too...

In the net you can find about 100.000 styles, Milions of Midifiles and Mp3...all READY to download.

Someone here in SZ have one DVD with about 30.000 T2 styles, all converted with the EMC and ready to use, OR you mean that Yahama have developed from scratch 30.000 styles?

I get some T2 styles that are the Copy of the original Ketron styles and Roland styles.
One my MS user showm me the SD1 with 15.000 styles, about all imported form others brands keyboards...I can contine of this example untill i can write a book.

Styles are normally programmed with some BARS intro line and 2-4 BARS loop sequence, the style will not reproduce one complete Song melodic line, then you can NOT say that this styles is your or mine, when then this styles is JUST edited in some events/sounds.

we just made 50/100 styles here and all the others styles come from others MS users that have imported/programmed..think what you like But the are setup for the MS keyboards, like the others brands.

We will only offer return this styles edited to other MS users that will NOT programming/import styles BUT they will ALL READY to play, like 99% of the all people here.

be honest you too, HOW many styles do you have in your keyboard that are NOT originally but imported? You care who made the work for you? are you use this styles for your gig's?

then is the same if you have a Yamaha, roland, Korg, Technish, wersi...you wil only have TON of styles

#167008 - 11/16/06 11:58 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
OZ Offline

Styles are anywhere. I thing all users of arranger keyboard are having own 10-20 or more styles that they need on live performance. Other is only variation of styles.

But important thing is filling of playing and sound which you use inside. Here is LIONSTRACS with tones of sounds and free things one step higher than other.
You must only be user of keyboard and you can download tone of sounds.

Best regards.

OZ

#167009 - 11/29/06 07:59 AM Re: New GM/GS Sounbank 4300Mb
LIONSTRACS Offline

Ready the new V4 GIGA GM/GS Soundbank, 7700Mb (7.7Gb) DVD installer.
Now we have 1600 GIG Instruments, with 23 NEW GM/GS Drumkits, Rhodes EXP, Bass Exp... http://www.lionstracs.com/store/giga-soundbank7700-p-148.html

Need the time to Uploading in the web server and then is ready to download for the Mediastation user.

Available in the next MS-OS Update the new LS GIGASAMPLER GM/GS V.4.0 with the MIDI Mapper. Now we can recall TON of GIG instruments in realtime without delay for preloading sounds. All the 1600 GIG sounds can be recalled like a normally embedded keyboard sounds!
The fun continue...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online