SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#166751 - 01/25/06 10:33 AM How the heck do I use this CD STOMPER
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
By golly, I cannot figure this out. Bought some CD labels with a "CD Stomper" thingy. There are NO instructions.

These labels have "wings" on opposite sides of the label that help you stick the label on and they are perforated, so you can tear it off once it's on. But how do you get the label on?

The stomper thing has a recessed top where the label goes and guides on the sides where those tabs go. In the middle, there is a raised cylinger thing which matches the center hole of the CD. This "button" is spring-loaded. Why, I can't figure.

I've been putting the label down sticky side up and then dropping the CD down over that center button thing. And it does work. But this can't be right.

A third grader could prolly figure this out.

I've been putting the label down, sticky side up.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#166752 - 01/25/06 11:17 AM Re: How the heck do I use this CD STOMPER
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Bill, you are doing it exactly right, easy isn't it? It automatically centers it. The spring-loading is to help the label stick to the disk.

Graham

#166753 - 01/25/06 01:07 PM Re: How the heck do I use this CD STOMPER
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Keep label sticky side up. Press CD face down onto label. Spring will help CD pop up when done - no big deal. Real easy.

#166754 - 01/25/06 01:22 PM Re: How the heck do I use this CD STOMPER
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
So I'm doing it right. How do you keep the label from curling back at you when you place it down?

EDIT: I just did two where I left the big circle intact and only exposed the little hole. It seemed to not curl as much. Do you guys take out the big donut hole or leave that in?

I guess when you say you push down, you push down on the center part, inside of where data is written.

Anyway, it's working okay. I had been "eyeballing" centering it on the disc and it did okay but I did screw up a couple where it got cock-eyed. Which this prevents.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 01-25-2006).]

#166755 - 01/25/06 03:51 PM Re: How the heck do I use this CD STOMPER
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Semi:

You really ought to think about an Epson R-200 or one of the later models. They are cheap (except for the ink) and they do a great job. Ask Don Mason or Scott Yee.

I must have printed at least 1000 CD's and that thing just keeps chuggin' along. Not the fastest machine in the world but I'm not in the big leagues yet.

All the best,

RICE

#166756 - 01/25/06 03:57 PM Re: How the heck do I use this CD STOMPER
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I can vouch that Rice's CD's both sound and look (thanks to his R-200) pro. I'll probably eventually go that route as well. - Scott

#166757 - 01/25/06 05:15 PM Re: How the heck do I use this CD STOMPER
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
How do you keep the label from curling back at you when you place it down?

When you remove the label from the backing, turn it upside down so you're removing the backing from the lable. Theb the lable won't curl.

#166758 - 01/26/06 04:57 AM Re: How the heck do I use this CD STOMPER
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I use the Epson R300 and it's amazing.
I've printed loads of A4 pictures out for bands and have done covers for music and the ink is still half full.
The full face CD's and DVD's you can get look amazing when a picture is printed onto them. UK price was only £80 so I bet it's cheaper still in USA.

#166759 - 01/26/06 07:53 PM Re: How the heck do I use this CD STOMPER
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Place the adhesive disk sticky side up down over the entire large centre cylinder.
You should be able to relatively flatten it out when it hits bottom.
Put you CD on the center pedastal, data side up (away from the sticky sh*t.)
The smaller cylinder shape matches up with the center hole on your CD.

Press down on the smaller center cylinder. This will press the non-data side of your CD onto the adhesive side of the label.
Take it out, put it in the CD jewel box as you normally would, and working from the centre outwards, remove any air pockets, or ridges.
It's really very simple....but Hey!!...I'm really very simple.
Don't sweat it...you'll figure it out.

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 01-26-2006).]

#166760 - 01/26/06 08:09 PM Re: How the heck do I use this CD STOMPER
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:
Hi Semi:

You really ought to think about an Epson R-200 or one of the later models. They are cheap (except for the ink) and they do a great job. Ask Don Mason or Scott Yee.

I must have printed at least 1000 CD's and that thing just keeps chuggin' along. Not the fastest machine in the world but I'm not in the big leagues yet.

All the best,

RICE

Indeed, Rice's CDs are very impressive. Pro look and sound.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online