SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#166117 - 04/19/05 08:59 AM Control Vocal Harmony with foot pedal?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I thought I could do this but I can't find anything in the manual or see anything on the psr2000. Can I use a foot pedal to turn Vocal Harmony off/on? I have a Yamaha pedal that I originally bought for a psr740 and it seems to work properly to trigger an event. (Except it's backwards... sustain is ON with it not depressed and OFF with it depressed... so, I assume I can reverse polarity on it and fix that.)

#166118 - 04/19/05 10:04 AM Re: Control Vocal Harmony with foot pedal?
John_CA Offline

Loc: Kern county, CA, USA
Hi,

Yes you can control Harmony/Echo with a foot switch, and you can switch polarity of the switch without soldering, just tell the PSR to switch it in the menu settings.

To assign a function to the pedal and switch the polarity on your PSR2000, look at page 139 of your manual and follow the steps.

John

------------------
Have a nice day smile

#166119 - 04/19/05 10:32 AM Re: Control Vocal Harmony with foot pedal?
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
SLM:
I use 2 foot pedals, the second is always set for ever what I need in each registration, ie break,start/stop, fill, intro, vocal har, etc etc. If the only thing you have on the floor is the pedal I reccomend buying a double pedal. (they stay in the same location from each other making it easy to find without looking, and are less apt to scoot around......Pose

#166120 - 04/19/05 10:39 AM Re: Control Vocal Harmony with foot pedal?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

Press the Direct Access Button, then step on the foot pedal and the menu for the pedal will come on the screen. You will see a box on the left side of the screen that says Function. Scroll down that box until Vocal Harmony is highlighted, press exit and you're ready to go.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#166121 - 04/19/05 10:49 AM Re: Control Vocal Harmony with foot pedal?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Bill,

Press the Direct Access Button, then step on the foot pedal and the menu for the pedal will come on the screen. You will see a box on the left side of the screen that says Function. Scroll down that box until Vocal Harmony is highlighted, press exit and you're ready to go.

Gary

No wonder I couldn't find it, Vocal Harmony is BELOW the list that shows, out of view until you keep going down the list.

Thanks, it worked.

If anyone reads this... can you assign the foot pedal to be different for a Registration? Say I want to assign it to change the Main back and forth from Grand Piano to Accordion or whatever. Can that be part of the registration for that song?

Reason I ask is because usually, it will be valuable to trigger Vocal Harmony off and on but sometimes, I'll have a song and for whatever reason... my hands are busy... it's hard to switch the voice and keep playing fluidly.

Or tell me if I do it wrong. What I do is assign Accordion to Layer and then when the time comes, I push Main OFF and Layer ON. Maybe a better way would be to pre-load the right voice (Accordion) under that voice group (Organ/Accordion) and then I could just push Organ/Accordion???

#166122 - 04/19/05 11:09 AM Re: Control Vocal Harmony with foot pedal?
John_CA Offline

Loc: Kern county, CA, USA
If you make two registrations and leave the rest blank (leds out), you can assign the footswitch to change the registration and you'll go from 1 to 2 to 1 to 2 etc...

John

------------------
Have a nice day smile

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online