SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#165816 - 03/02/06 01:28 PM Rythm piano
Bachus Offline

My question is simple. I use a roland G70 and a Promega3 (General Music) and Korg Triton module with a PC loaded with VST samples on the road, they are set up according to my liking for our repertoire.

Now i am looking for a piano with rythm section for the home.

I need to decide between Yamaha Clavinova cpv 309, Roland KR 107, General music GEnesys ensemble, Wersi giga Piano. I have heard both the roland and the GEM (but not at the same dealer)and i like the visuals of the Yamaha. Next to that i like the options of the wersi (and i really like wersi Organs sound, but never heard a decent piano sound from wersi) So what do you think of these choicess, did you hear them, did you like them?

I'll be going to the Musik messe in Frankfurt soon, and will decide there what to buy. What should i listen for and look out for when comparing these, what are theses instruments strong points and weeknesses, as i can't find any reliable reviews on the web and no comparisons at all.

Whats my purpose with this new instrument?
-Just to play my favourite music at home.
-Compose new tunes and fiddle with sounds
-Teach my daughter (9 year old) to play the piano.
-It has to look good in our livingroom (the wife says) compared to my current setup.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#165817 - 03/02/06 02:30 PM Re: Rythm piano
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
I cannot advise you, the models you list are probably the best,if you find that they are all of similar quality then i would see what would be the best price deal you can get, and go with the best value for money,mike

#165818 - 03/02/06 02:43 PM Re: Rythm piano
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
Bachus,you are in europe ,check out this site, and see if you can get a better price ,then do the same for the other models,mike
http://www.rockingrooster.co.uk/search_res.php?q=clavinova+cvp309&CatID=0

#165819 - 03/02/06 02:51 PM Re: Rythm piano
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
wouldn't it also depend on who's styles you like the best as well as the sound of the piano??

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bachus:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#165820 - 03/02/06 04:09 PM Re: Rythm piano
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
I need to decide between Yamaha Clavinova cpv 309, Roland KR 107

I cannot tell you about The Genesys Ensemble or the Wersi Giga Piano. But I purchased a Clavinova CVP 307 over the Roland Kr 107. All my training was on piano and I found the action of the 307 excellent. I found the 307 to be an outstanding instrument. I would have liked the 309 because of the natural wood keyboard. But I could not justify paying the additional dollars for the 309. My long time friend who is the Yamaha piano dealer where I live advised me that dollar for dollar the 307 was the best buy out of the 2 instruments. Another reason for the 307 purchase was that it is very compatible with my PSR 3000. I can work at the Clav, save styles to a usb drive and then simply move my work to the 3000.

One other thing worth mentioning is I sold my Samick acoustic grand piano about the time I bought the Clavinova. I can honestly say other than not having a beautiful piece of furniture in my home, I don't miss the Samick at all.

Good luck with your decision, it's a very personal choice especially when spending that amount of money.

#165821 - 03/03/06 01:57 PM Re: Rythm piano
retal Offline

Loc: Tel-aviv, Israel
Roland RD-700SX <-- i heard that, Amazing!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online