SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#165712 - 07/15/05 08:12 AM help plz - saving styles vs saving registration
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Please clarify anyone . . .

When i make changes to an existing style, then save the style onto a floppy using a song name, will it . .
save the vocal harmony selected

I guess, what does it NOT save?
Am i correct in assuming that keyboard setups (i.e. chord fingering) and vocal harmony ON/OFF can only be saved if I save that "style" to the registration?

thanks in advance . . .

Jill

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#165713 - 07/15/05 08:21 AM Re: help plz - saving styles vs saving registration
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Hi Jill:
I'm not the sharpest tack in this box, but seems to me like when I have saved styles, I only get the style chosen from flash,factory presets, or HD drive. A style being used from floppy disappears when the floppy is removed. Don't think regs are saved when you save a style to disk, (but may be a way to do this)?? All the bells and whistles are saved in registration, and remain for what ever style has last been selected. Hope I've got your drift here and have been of some help.... .....Cheers
Pose

ps: your choice of assist/living songs are right on, could only suggest older country songs for the 70's 80's bunch ie Ernest Tubb, Gene Autry, Jimmy Dickens, etc etc. They bring back Memories of the early 40's. Songs during the ww2 era are also a eye brightener for us fossils, better to do the "up" one's Don't Fence me in,Mare's eat oats, Bugle boy company B..etc They love Benny Goodman. Dorsey etc with the Moonlight seranade playing the lead, then switch to a sweet trombone and watch what happens...Pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 07-15-2005).]

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 07-15-2005).]

#165714 - 07/15/05 02:21 PM Re: help plz - saving styles vs saving registration
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jill,

The style does not contain anything other than the style itself, OTS, tempo, etc. It does not save vocal settings, changes in tempo, changes in right hand voices, and things of this nature--they are saved in registrations.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online