SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 15 16 >
Topic Options
#165441 - 12/10/06 12:07 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
jonesyboy Offline

Hey Fran,
Glad you are enjoying your MS. You will have seen I advertised mine for sale last week but thank fully I didn't sell!! There were some thinigs I wanted/needed which were not available at the time but Dominic has sent out a couple of updates this last week which have sorted out the problems and now I am a happy MS user - no longer for sale!
I guess I was a little impetuous but thanks to other MS users I now have what I need from the MS and am able to use live and it sounds just great ...
LS4 comes out next week so looking forward to that - and then its onwards and upwards!
Regards
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
No Cass, that day has not come...

Genesys, I do not have that answer for you yet..initially it does not appear to read "rootless" chords..

If enough people want it , I am sure Domenik will enable more chord readings.

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 12-09-2006).]

#165442 - 12/10/06 01:54 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Mark
That’s the beauty of software based boards; you don’t have to change the board to get new features. (I know I wouldn’t go back to the restricted hardware system)
Enjoy

Bill

#165443 - 12/14/06 10:59 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Hello Dnj and Fran
I will send in the next days to Fran the new MS update and the new GIGA library too.
When Fran have then installed the all new setup, go there and test the new GIGA orchestra 8Gb section, the new 4 big GIGA pianos 4Gb too and let me know i sounds amazing.
We are working now to remap the all new styles under giga format only and then we can discuss again about this styles arguments...
Remember that Fran have ONLY one MS with the 24Mb GM soundsbank and his mixer board is the first hardware release, half analog and half digital.
Now the all MS are only FULL digital 24bit with NO NOISE at all.
Mark made some audi test too and he can tell you that the MS with FULL open audio outs is totally MUTED.
Try with any your analog embedded keyboard and MAX volume out and tell me if you have some noise in the background in your PS system....

#165444 - 12/14/06 11:59 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Dnj Offline

Domenic .....Thanx for the info I will definitely try the MS again once Fran installs the new software for sure.....
I will try the features you describe also.....keep up the great work its an never ending improvement with the MS which is definitely the way to go in the future.

#165445 - 12/14/06 01:26 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Is there a place we can try the Media Station on the east coast?

Also how does it compare style wise to Ketron?

Is it stable?

I am interested in getting the SD5. but I will sell my Tyros 2 and get the Mediastation if it sounds the part

Where can I listen to some styles? any demos online?

Also any discounts for a paesano? Father is from Abruzzi, mom is from Sicily, been there about a dozen times///

thanks

#165446 - 12/15/06 10:42 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Here's Lionstracs demo page for the styles......
http://www.lionstracs.com/site/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=37&catid=37&Itemid=59

Still not convinced...... but perhaps a more professional player could coax better from the styles. There are many weird 'jumps' in the styles and volume problems (but I think most of those come from the live playing on the top of the style).

I wish that Domenik would go to the Tyros2 site, or the E80 demo page, and take a long HARD listen to those demos. They are VERY well mixed and played, and show off their arranger's capabilities to the highest extent possible. To demonstrate just how good the styles can be on the Mediastation, I would not rest until the Mediastation's demos were AT LEAST as good. It is hard to back up a claim that the Mediastation is so much better than T2 when the factory demos are as lame as that. On paper is one thing, but I guarantee that everyone at SZ judges an arranger more by the online demos than by paper specs.

I am NOT saying the Mediastation is not capable of blowing all other arrangers out of the water, but if the factory demos can't do it, how can you convince us of the fact? Spend more money, Domenik.... Hire the best arranger player in Europe, let him tweak the Mediastation to sound as good as your promises. Then watch the orders come flooding in.....

#165447 - 12/15/06 11:27 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
jonesyboy Offline

The updates that Dominik has bought out recently have certainly continue to improve the Mediastation - but the styles are - in my opinion - not usable - I know he is working on new ones and these can't come out soon enough ...New styles and some better sounds and we are set...I am sure the updates will continue to come and the MS will get better and better..
Mark!
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Here's Lionstracs demo page for the styles......
http://www.lionstracs.com/site/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=37&catid=37&Ite mid=59

Still not convinced...... but perhaps a more professional player could coax better from the styles. There are many weird 'jumps' in the styles and volume problems (but I think most of those come from the live playing on the top of the style).

I wish that Domenik would go to the Tyros2 site, or the E80 demo page, and take a long HARD listen to those demos. They are VERY well mixed and played, and show off their arranger's capabilities to the highest extent possible. To demonstrate just how good the styles can be on the Mediastation, I would not rest until the Mediastation's demos were AT LEAST as good. It is hard to back up a claim that the Mediastation is so much better than T2 when the factory demos are as lame as that. On paper is one thing, but I guarantee that everyone at SZ judges an arranger more by the online demos than by paper specs.

I am NOT saying the Mediastation is not capable of blowing all other arrangers out of the water, but if the factory demos can't do it, how can you convince us of the fact? Spend more money, Domenik.... Hire the best arranger player in Europe, let him tweak the Mediastation to sound as good as your promises. Then watch the orders come flooding in.....

#165448 - 12/15/06 11:35 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
jonesyboy Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jonesyboy:
[b]Hey Fran,
Glad you are enjoying your MS. You will have seen I advertised mine for sale last week but thank fully I didn't sell!! There were some thinigs I wanted/needed which were not available at the time but Dominic has sent out a couple of updates this last week which have sorted out the problems and now I am a happy MS user - no longer for sale!
I guess I was a little impetuous but thanks to other MS users I now have what I need from the MS and am able to use live and it sounds just great ...

[This message has been edited by jonesyboy (edited 12-15-2006).]

#165449 - 12/15/06 12:03 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So much self-contradiction by the Mediastation users!

Is it 'unusable' or does it 'sound great'?

I believe that the Mediastation, in trying to be BOTH arranger and workstation, is still succeeding primarily in the workstation end, and has a long way to go as an arranger (at least from what I hear in the demos). As has been said many times on this forum, the vast majority of arranger users want two things..... tons of really good styles, and no need for extensive 'tweaking' OOTB.

Despite it's many stellar features, in these two categories the Mediastation still seems to fall flat. Far better to think of this keyboard as a workstation with a potentially good arranger section than to commit a lot of money on it in the hope that it will immediately be your primary arranger. From all accounts, you've got a fairly uphill road to travel before it is going to wow a T2 user with just it's arranger capabilities OOTB.....

As always, everyone says something is just around the corner that will fix everything, but they've been saying this since it came out. I don't buy an arranger for what it might potentially do, I'm interested in what I get for my money the day I take it out of the box. And I am afraid that is probably the attitude of most buyers.

Domenik, give the new 'features' a rest. Spend EVERYTHING you have on style and sound development for a year, THEN go back and start adding OS improvements. Your bottom line will thank you for this...

#165450 - 12/15/06 01:05 PM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
jonesyboy Offline

Diki,
My view is simple - the styles are very poor - need new styles very quickly - the sounds of the B4 and the pianos are awesome ...thats it in summary...
New features are good but new "needed" features are more important than the nice to haves..
Styles, good sounds other than B4 and Piano, are fort me the prioritya nd I know Dominic is working hard towards delivering these...
Mark
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
So much self-contradiction by the Mediastation users!

Is it 'unusable' or does it 'sound great'?

I believe that the Mediastation, in trying to be BOTH arranger and workstation, is still succeeding primarily in the workstation end, and has a long way to go as an arranger (at least from what I hear in the demos). As has been said many times on this forum, the vast majority of arranger users want two things..... tons of really good styles, and no need for extensive 'tweaking' OOTB.

Despite it's many stellar features, in these two categories the Mediastation still seems to fall flat. Far better to think of this keyboard as a workstation with a potentially good arranger section than to commit a lot of money on it in the hope that it will immediately be your primary arranger. From all accounts, you've got a fairly uphill road to travel before it is going to wow a T2 user with just it's arranger capabilities OOTB.....

As always, everyone says something is just around the corner that will fix everything, but they've been saying this since it came out. I don't buy an arranger for what it might potentially do, I'm interested in what I get for my money the day I take it out of the box. And I am afraid that is probably the attitude of most buyers.

Domenik, give the new 'features' a rest. Spend EVERYTHING you have on style and sound development for a year, THEN go back and start adding OS improvements. Your bottom line will thank you for this...

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online