SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#165561 - 12/21/06 12:48 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Spalding
Just remembered, Daniel Watt www.danielwatt.com uses the Wersi OAS Expander (Basically the Ikarus without keyboards) in all his performances these days, (Controlled by his old Wersi Spectra) including extensive use of Akai and VST Instruments, so if you pop over to his site there are some short samples from the CDs Pavanne and Aquarius that feature them which you can have a listen too. (The software is OAS 6 as he has only just recently upgraded to OAS 7, so he has not yet featured it)
Wish I had thought of this sooner, as he was playing down at Kingswinford a month or two ago, which may have been within easy travelling distance for you. (He also uses 2 Bose L1 speaker systems for the sound)
Hope this helps

Bill

#165562 - 12/21/06 06:47 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:

It's pleinosis, zoilism, zelotipia, invultuation, zelotipia and kakorrhaphiophobia all in one.[/B]

Taike,
where did you find these words? They all sound Greek, except invultuation. I know what zelotipia means, but what about the others?

#165563 - 12/21/06 06:47 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Oh man !! Kingswinford is easy travelling distance to me !! Maybe next time , i would be happy to travel and hear what the instrument can do live. Thanks for the heads up anyway !

#165564 - 12/21/06 07:04 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
pleionosis -The habit of exaggerating one's own importance

zoilism - carping criticism; detraction

kakorrhaphiophobia - fear of failure

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#165565 - 12/21/06 07:18 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
abacus, does wersi have a homepage? when I searched all I found was fan pages.

#165566 - 12/21/06 07:25 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Wersi Web Site: www.wersi.de

Wersi USA Web Site: www.wersimusic.com

#165567 - 12/21/06 07:36 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
LOL Ian!
Thanks,
Theodore

#165568 - 12/21/06 07:53 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Mike
Here are some links http://www.wersi.net/ http://www.wersimusic.com/ http://www.harmony-music.co.uk/wersi.htm

Have also uploaded some info here (The usual site is down at the moment) http://rapidshare.com/files/8414596/OAS_Details.pdf.html http://rapidshare.com/files/8414597/World_of_OAS_1.pdf.html

The full details of the Open Art Arranger are not out yet, but one of its features is the Direct Play of all Yamaha styles without conversion
You can also have a look at my web site that I am slowly building www.wersiabacus.plus.com

Hope this helps

Bill

#165569 - 12/21/06 08:43 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
thanks for all the links I'm interested in reading more about this instrument and could not find a company web site, at least one I could read.
thanks guys I'll check these out.

#165570 - 12/21/06 09:20 AM Re: Fran how is the Mediastation so far....interested in your opinions?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Amen to that website....

What's up? Is Wersi's bottom line so poor, they can't afford to have their website translated into English? Kind of arrogant of them to ignore the language of one of their potentially biggest markets, and the second language of nearly everybody else.....

Maybe if they want to be taken a bit more seriously in the US, acknowledging that we don't speak German over here would be a good start. Imagine Yamaha's sales if they didn't have a web presence in English.......

The easiest and least expensive way to get interest in a product is to have a website in the language of the potential customer. Abacus is fighting an uphill battle against a company that doesn't care if we are mostly in the dark about their products.....

Page 14 of 16 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online