SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#165212 - 04/29/00 08:51 PM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Danny and George and others,
The factory styles on the X1 are truely terrific. I also feel that the the MS50/60 had better techno and dance styles then the X1. Now with the Yamaha styles the Clubdance,techno and other dance styles are
a nice addition. How about the cut and paste feature ?? I am still curios to know if X1 owners are using this?
How about the Factory/ custom feature ?
See Ya, Dan O.
oneils4@home.com

#165213 - 04/29/00 10:19 PM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
DannyUK Offline

Dan01,

Firstly, as I have the X1 HD model, I have all the previous MS series of styles in which I agree that the Dance styles are better than the X1's but NOT the Techno & HipHop section of styles as on the X1 they are very professional and modern, only the Korg I30 before it competed in this area I feel.

The Yamaha's Techno, Clubdance, Rhumbas, Beguines, and a lot of others are spin offs of the PSR8000's styles, that slightly dissapointed me as theres not that much difference in the arrangement of the styles, thus I ended up playing the same familiar songs I used to with these styles when I used to own the PSR8000!

As for your second question, I know not of this feature, how does the cut and paste work?

The custom/factory feature I have not used either because i have so many styles on the X1 that im almost lost! I have no intentions of modifying the internal X1 styles, but I am experimenting with the PSR & GEM converted styles.

DannyUK

#165214 - 04/30/00 12:27 AM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
Bob Gelman Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Funny and great: Volker and I used to do lots of conversions (like Solton to PSR) when he had his PSR-8000. Now that he's moved on to an X-1, he's doing PSR to X-1. Because of the generosity of the Solton Club, I was able to get lots of Solton styles for us to convert. Now, I'm happy to reciprocate.

EMC users are welcome to use our Yamaha source files at the egroup site!

http://www.egroups.com/docvault/yamaha-psr-styles/

Cheers,

Bob

#165215 - 04/30/00 02:13 AM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Dan O,
I use the factory/custom feature a lot to show off how easy it is to modify the style's sounds and be able to store them fast and easily switch between the two. As for the copy/paste function, I don't know what you are refering to. I would asume you are copying a part of one style and pasting it to another. Is this correct?
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#165216 - 05/01/00 08:49 PM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello to George and Danny and any other human that is out there!
OK.....PLease let me clarify my statement of Cut and Paste.....copying different parts of styles and using them with other styles is what I ment to say. Thank you George.
I have recently been using this feature alot.
I think Kawai Z-1000
was the only other manufacturer to offer this ability. Roland I think call's it "style morphing".
Here is an example using the X1.
Take chord 2 var.B of style 54. Add that guitar riff to Reggae style 58B. In a way I cut one part and added to another. It's cool. See Ya, Dan O

------------------

#165217 - 05/02/00 06:52 AM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Dan01,

Can you tell the rest of us how you took chord 2 from style 54 and pasted it to another style? It sounds very interesting.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online