SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#165202 - 04/26/00 08:46 PM Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Arranger human's,
Recently received over 240 yamaha styles for the X1. They sound great. They fill the void for great Rock ballads and other dance styles. All the styles are from PSR8000 and 9000. God bless the Style Converter !
Dan O at Guitar Center Baltimore.

#165203 - 04/27/00 11:35 AM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
Ralf Behrmann Offline

Loc: Frankfurt/M;Germany
Was it made with EMC?

#165204 - 04/27/00 03:45 PM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
DannyUK Offline

Hi there DanO1,

how can we receive these styles for our beloved X1 ?

DannyUK

#165205 - 04/27/00 06:45 PM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Guys, I have mailed the PSR9000 converted to X1 styles[EMC] to many X1 owers[Solton club]. If you like me to email them to you contact me....Fran

#165206 - 04/27/00 08:07 PM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Arrranger Humans,
A big thank you to Fran and Voelker ( solton club ) for the converted styles. I was curios how many people have and are using the styles.I am delighted to have them. Again Thank you. Dan o

#165207 - 04/28/00 06:18 PM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
DannyUK Offline

Fran,

thanks ever so much for your email. I have tried most of the styles and i have some feedback.

as most of you know, ive owned a lot of PSR keyboards in my time, the last being the PSR8000 before i switched.. when the PSR9000 came along, i had already bought the X1. But of course, keyboard fanatics like myself will always investigate any new model! when I tried out the PSR9000, i felt the styles were too similar to the PSR8000, but in fairness I had only tried a handfull. Now, curtusey of Fran, I was able to try most of them out on my X1, and at one point I swore it felt like I was playing the PSR8000 all over again. Tell me, am I hearing things? Or are all these styles almost identical to previous PSR models (but with 4 variations this time?)

All in all, the X1 styles are still by far much better arranged styles, more professional and also far more involving. The Dance and Techno styles of the PSR9000 are exactly the same as the PSR8000 which really annoyed me as i use these kind alot. The X1's are far more professional.

But in no way am I putting the PSR9000 down in any way. I am having problems with my X1 at the moment, and the PSR9000 seems the natural replacement, but after listening to those styles, im not so sure.. Perhaps the Technics KN6K?? Or anything else???

DannyUK

#165208 - 04/28/00 08:24 PM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
Sean P Offline

Hi DannyUK,

Please check the e-mail message that I recently sent you.

Best regards,

Sean

#165209 - 04/29/00 04:58 AM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
DannyUK Offline

Sean, Check your emails.

I have tried to send you the files but there seems a problem with your email account, it may not be able to handle the ZIP files. Ive tried sending them 1 zip file at a time and i get the below error:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. The following address(es) failed:

seankp@hotmail.com:
SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM: SIZE=1639939:
host mc4.law5.hotmail.com [216.33.151.136]:
552 Requested mail action aborted:
exceeded storage allocation

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
------ The body of the message is 1617125 characters long; only the first
------ 65536 or so are included here.

tell me whats wrong. but I wont be able to send you anything until a few days now because I am working all weekend.

hope you got something though!! let me know.

DannyUK

#165210 - 04/29/00 07:50 AM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Danny,
Again as usual we agree on what our ears tell us. The Yamaha styles always seem like the same "band" (style writers) have played all the different styles. Even though there are now 4 variations, they don't "move" as much as I would like them to. One of the few complaints I ever hear from X1 users is that the variations move "too" much, and I explain the use of the drum, bass, and chord lock funtions that let the bass line and chord move but keeps the drummer the same and the reaction is "wow, that's killer". In my opinion, you want each style to be the most realistic it can be, which is something Solton has achieved, and where it seems to me Yamaha is still needing to work on. For some, the Yamaha styles are just what the player wants, and for others, they are not exciting enough. This is a beautiful keyboard with many strengths, but the style department is still "Yamaha" and hasn't changed much in all the years they have been providing us with PSR high end keyboards.
Regards,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#165211 - 04/29/00 01:58 PM Re: Yamaha Styles Converted for X1. Great !
DannyUK Offline

George,

You are spot on. I really cant understand why Yamaha employ a similar pattern of styles for their PSR series. I mean, some of those styles i sware are from the PSR2700 of old and were carried through to the PSR7000, then the PSR8000 and now in a 4 variation form on the PSR9000. I really just cant understand it, and this is where Solton have pulled away and actually restructured thier styles so that they are marginally different from previous Solton, not to mention far more professional.

People who have not experienced Yamaha before will obviously be delighted and impressed with the PSR9000 and rightly so. But someone like me, who started on Yamahas a long time ago and become a fan of theirs, but over the years it was just getting all too familiar especially with the styles.

Again i stress, I am not putting the keyboard down, but its all too familiar from Yamaha!

Danny(UK)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online