SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#164965 - 03/28/01 06:25 PM Checkout my lastest NEW Arranger Keyboard (KN5000) Song!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Arranger Keyboard Friends (around the world)-

Just wanted to let you all know that I just posted my latest "new" arranger keyboard song recording to my website. This is my keyboard arrangement and vocal rendition of Bobby Darin's classic swingin' tune "As Long As I'm Singing" performed LIVE on my Technics KN5000 arranger keyboard.

Please check it out at:
http://scottyee.com

Go to the "Song Demos" page to play and/or download my songs.

Comments/feedback appreciated.
Please don't forget to sign my GUESTBOOK too.

Scott Yee
California (San Francisco Bay Area), USA

#164966 - 03/28/01 08:42 PM Re: Checkout my lastest NEW Arranger Keyboard (KN5000) Song!
Dnj Offline

sounds great Scott!!

excellent tune, it has a nice Swing/BB groove. The kn5000 in the hands of a pro will always shine.

thanx for sharing my friend

Donny nj

#164967 - 03/29/01 05:26 AM Re: Checkout my lastest NEW Arranger Keyboard (KN5000) Song!
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
I really needed to hear that this morning. Long week... Thanks Scott. That really picked me up.

[This message has been edited by Vic01 (edited 03-29-2001).]

#164968 - 03/29/01 10:20 AM Re: Checkout my lastest NEW Arranger Keyboard (KN5000) Song!
Scottyee Offline

Donny,
Yeah, I think the KN5000 is still a great sounding pro arranger keyboard. Like you and I have stated many times before, most ALL of the upper-end arranger keyboards produced in the last few years provide all the sound quality and features needed to sound totally professional. As much as I am impressed with the lastest new line of arranger keyboards recently released (Yamaha 9000pro, Solton SD1, Technics KN6500), play and discover the potential of the keyboard you already own. Afterall, the 'real' musical expression (soul) comes from within YOU, not from having the latest keyboard.

Vic01,
Reading your posting saying that my song 'really picked you up' makes "making music" all worthwhile. Thank you for your kind words.

Scott http://scottyee.com

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 03-29-2001).]

#164969 - 03/29/01 12:02 PM Re: Checkout my lastest NEW Arranger Keyboard (KN5000) Song!
Roel Offline

Hi Scott,

THIS is a great song and the sound is absolutely perfect !!
What changes did you make in your equipment setup ?
The mike is soo bright and clear, no clipping, no Plosives ......

I'm a little 'depressed' ..... waiting takes a very long time ! (SD1)

regards,

Roel

#164970 - 03/29/01 01:07 PM Re: Checkout my lastest NEW Arranger Keyboard (KN5000) Song!
Dnj Offline

Youyr Right Scott,

hey I hve seen Uncle dave perform many times with an older unit Korg i5s, and let me tell ya it KICKS A*S Big tIme ! Why? because UD's talent as a musician and great vocals make all the difference not the keyboard. Just give me some beats, a few nice sounds and a bass line and a mic and thats all it takes to make the magic. The power is within!

goto run to my 2nd gig TTYL

Donny NJ

#164971 - 03/29/01 03:05 PM Re: Checkout my lastest NEW Arranger Keyboard (KN5000) Song!
Scottyee Offline

Hi Roel,

Yes, I made MAJOR changes in my recording setup. First of all, instead of recording everything (including vocals) out the Technics KN5000's headphone jack (apparently a MAJOR BIG mistake ), I went out the keyboard's 1/4" outputs to my Mackie 1202 mixer. I used the same mic (AKG Condenser Mic model C3000) but this time I used a mic screen fabric gause unit (to prevent explosive P's) and ran my vocals thru an Alesis EFX (Quadraverb) unit instead of the Keyboard's EFX section. I think this attributed to the clearer/cleaner vocals. My previous recordings were made 'on the fly' in a live situation recorded to a portable mini disc recorder plugged directly into my keyboard's headphone jack which apparently provides compromised (headphone amp) sounding results.

In addition to this, I recorded my latest song performance to a Panasonic 3700 Professional DAT recorder rather than to my portable mini disc (MD) recorder. I was also able to monitor my recording thru a pair of Genelec 1029 near field monitors. I guess having the right recording equipment really does make all the difference.

BTW, I did not utilize the Behringer Shark DSP 110 or apply any type of vocal compression on this recording. I do find the Shark unit useful for live venues to avoid feedback though.

Roel, Thanks for the expertise and guidance you have provided in the area of recording. Hopefully as I continue to learn and discover more recording tricks, my future recordings will continue to improve.

Roel, I know it must seem like a LONG wait for the SD1, but it will be worth it! The many improved features and sounds (over the X1) are HUGE, not just a minor upgrade as suggested by some.

If only I could receive word from Solton regarding rootless (jazz) type chord recognition support. BTW, I would not have been able to use the Solton SD1 or X1 to achieve the kind of piano playing sound I got on "As Long As I'm Singing" because I mostly played rootless (jazz) style chord voicings (recognized by the Technics KN5000) exclusively on this song. Playing standard root (included) piano voicings as currently supported by Solton would provide less desireable sounding results (in my personal opinion). Nonetheless, I still like everything else about the SD1.

Scott
http://scottyee.com

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 03-29-2001).]

#164972 - 03/29/01 08:36 PM Re: Checkout my lastest NEW Arranger Keyboard (KN5000) Song!
Jupiter5 Offline

Hi sottyee, I am having problems after problems!, first my monitor blew and put me out of action for 2 weeks, now I am having problems with my sound card. I have obtained the sound scott, and will let you know what I Think when I get my every-frustrating Computer up and runnin' - properly. But if any of the other songs are to go by, then I will sure like to here these songs scot!

Tony

#164973 - 04/01/01 04:08 AM Re: Checkout my lastest NEW Arranger Keyboard (KN5000) Song!
RobbC Offline

Sounds awsome Scott. You & KN make a great team. Keep up the great work.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online