SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#164451 - 12/12/04 10:58 PM Midjay operation questions
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I took a look at the manual for this, which must have been a quick start version, because it didn't go into very much depth.

The main question I have is, will I be able to get around with styles and voices and registrations as quickly and easily as the Tyros or PSR2000?

It appears that this may not be the case??

How do you bring up a style?

Can styles be altered on the fly or does this all have to be done in advance i.e. tempo changes and variations?

What about going from one style to the next and is the tempo going to change or stay the same?

What about voices. From what I read it seems there may be one voice that can be saved for each style?

How many voices can be layered? Can this be done on the fly, or do you need to access the list of voices and scroll til you find what you want?

What about one touch settings? Are there any built in or do I have to make all of them up for each individual style? If the later is true how many can there be per style?

Does it have registration memory buttons? If so how many can be saved?

I guess you catch the drift of my questions here. Hope I can get a clear idea of how this would operate live with styles.

While I am liking the idea of this 7 pound unit, if it operates smoothly enough, and also having a 7 pound controller keyboard, I am wondering how I'd set this up. The controller keyboards are quite skinny, my QL610 stand would be way overkill.

What kind of stand would work best? How and where would I mount the Midjay so it was easy to see and operate.

Does the Midjay have a built in mixer like the Tyros?

How about cases for these things?

I am wondering if this is really feasible and operable as an arranger player would like, or if this is not worth getting into?

Thanx in advance.

Scott & Jenn

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 12-12-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 12-12-2004).]

#164452 - 12/13/04 05:17 AM Re: Midjay operation questions
Dnj Offline

#164453 - 12/13/04 10:09 AM Re: Midjay operation questions
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
This previous thread may help with some of your questions. In particular see AJ's comments.
Paul C.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009412.html

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online