SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#164221 - 09/17/06 04:47 PM Re: Do you really need 76 keys?
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
I very much wish the T2 had 76 keys. Many times I am limited as to the range I can devote to the left-hand voice. I have found myself using more auto-chord stuff than I want to because of the lack of 76 keys. So I do find it limiting. I got the T2 for the sound/rythmn possibilities but am constantly frustrated by a key shortage. I would gleefully pay for an 76-key Tyros or better yet an 88-key model. Sadly, I think Yamaha believes I am in the minority.

#164222 - 09/17/06 07:03 PM Re: Do you really need 76 keys?
Vadim Offline

good topic, and YES i really need 76 keys ,

i used to love 61 key stuff ;(
sometimes i move the split point between Arranger and Right hand so much left, that there is only one octave left for chords/style, baecause i need more keys.

and I have Roland VA-76, a 76 KEY keyboard!!! but not all the time i need 76 keys or more, mostly when i'm playing "musicals" and switching between 8 User Programs all the time...and doing a midi file of a musical will take forever... (making midifiles is pain in the back anyway[i mean making SMF from scratch, not using someone's elses, or using a style to record!!)

I know most folks just use one style thru out the song, Intro, Original, Variation, Ending.. But i'm sometimes required to play switching between Styles Tempos, user programs, keyboard modes and stuff, I actually need about three keyboards, one on top of the other, and one by the side... just a little OMB.

And plus... curently i'm borrowing KORG Trinity, from my uncle (you can't beilieve how good the sounds are in this keyboard!!!) ,and it's 61 Key. wel, 61 keys are not enough. even for playing drums i hate moving that octave all the time.

I need 3 keyboards (1 Arranger, 1 workstaion, and 1 some with lots of sounds and sttuf) each the size of BOSENDORFER Piano (those who don't know, Bosendorfer piano has 96 Keys!!)

AND I HATE THOSE MINI 24 KEY MIDI CONTROLLERS FOR COMPUTERS!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Vadim (edited 09-17-2006).]

#164223 - 09/18/06 04:55 AM Re: Do you really need 76 keys?
Magica Alfa Offline

[I need 76 keys sometimes 88.

My LIONSTRACS MS X76 is playing all what I want. Every key of GIGA SAMPLE is playing sound that I want.

This function is very important for me same like 2 players and fast loading of second style or midi file.

I try KEYBOARDS with 61 keys but for me this is not enough. I need more freedom when I’m playing. Also good thing is if is on keyboard more buttons for fast playing of WAV shoot sounds. With that you can play in one keyboard like orchestra otherwise you need more things recorded before. But this is not live playing, and then is good keyboard with 49 keys or less.

Best regards.

#164224 - 09/18/06 05:01 AM Re: Do you really need 76 keys?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Vadim:
those who don't know, Bosendorfer piano has 96 Keys

Wow, I learned something new for sure. Does it have more on the bottom or top or both? Does this have anything to do with why I have read about a certain Bosendorfer sample being so great or is it because it's just overall a very high quality and expensive piano?

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#164225 - 09/18/06 05:44 AM Re: Do you really need 76 keys?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
or is it because it's just overall a very high quality and expensive piano?

That's it.

chas

#164226 - 09/18/06 07:35 AM Re: Do you really need 76 keys?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I don't need more then 61 keys in arranger mode, and when I play the piano voice in full keyboard mode, I hit the octave button. But, moving the octave feels strange to me, but I manage. I would prefer a 76 note keyboard, so I wouldn't have to use the octave button, and feel like I'm playing in the wrong place. I don't usually play arppegios, so Moving the octave down is an acceptable compromise.
Starkeeper

#164227 - 09/18/06 08:26 AM Re: Do you really need 76 keys?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Wow, I learned something new for sure. Does it have more on the bottom or top or both?

The extra notes are on the left side (bottom).

#164228 - 09/18/06 11:32 AM Re: Do you really need 76 keys?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I need 76 keys, or more.

Russ

#164229 - 09/18/06 11:48 AM Re: Do you really need 76 keys?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
As I have said before on other threads I think the best solution is to mount a 49 note controller keyboard under the Ty2 and midi it to play the left hand. This gives you the full 61 note upper board for the right hand stuff and a very useful spread for the left hand.

As an old organ player this feels very natural and comfortable. I use a Roland PC49
controller which is very light and slim enabling it to fit right up tight under the Tyros.

This gives me a 110 note keyboard. Just think what one of those would weigh if anyone was mad enough to manufacture one.

I use an ordinary Kwik-Lok stand which I have adapted by shoving a couple of lengths of broomhandle into the tubing with small shelf brackets screwed in to take the Roland. Very compact and no extra stand to lug about.

Just another alternative.

Trevor

#164230 - 09/18/06 12:11 PM Re: Do you really need 76 keys?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have always thought that 76 keys are perfect..As others mentioned , it allows low E as in E bass, and the range for another split...

88 keys are not needed for me...I never smoked ,so I didn't need the two ends to leave a cig burning[and devaluing the keyboard]..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online