SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#163851 - 10/16/02 05:43 AM Loading stuff into the X1's RAM problems....
DannyUK Offline

I have been told there is a way of loading sound banks directly into the X1's RAM when turning on the X1. However, i have not been able to achieve this. I eventually found my X1 manual and i cannot find the description of how to do it anywhere. I believe the method is to select the folder with the files on the HD, then locate the first file and highlight it, then press SAVE/ENTER, then back to the main screen then save the Power On settings... the thing is, when i get to the SAVE/ENTER bit, the kb does nothing, eg, its as if the button wasnt there.

I have some really nice soundbanks that i would love to store permenantly in RAM and hate having to load these up manually.. Also if its relevant, i have V3.0a operating system but i dont want to lose this because later versions does not carry the Lower/Bass feature which i use....

Any help would be fantastic..
Danny

#163852 - 10/17/02 01:17 AM Re: Loading stuff into the X1's RAM problems....
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
The way I have done it in the past is go to the folder of choice then SELECT one of UR SND files not any file (u can do so by going to FILES CHOICE, SOUNDS/PRGORAMS, SOUNDS), that should list ur SND files only.

Select the first one, with SELECT, then push SAVE/ENTER...go back to the main folder screen (exit then hit DISK again and select that folder). You should see the first file in the list be INIT00.PWR.

Now if u turn on the X1, those SND files in that folder should load automatically.

#163853 - 10/17/02 05:18 PM Re: Loading stuff into the X1's RAM problems....
DannyUK Offline

Thanks very much for taking the time out for your reply, however, it still does not work.. when i go to select the sound then press SAVE/ENTER, there is absolutely no response from the key whatsoever, and more importantly it has never produced a .pwr file.... it has annoyed me now, because it looks like my X1 cant do this simple facility.. must be something to do with the OP system.... or maybe my kb is faulty....

#163854 - 10/17/02 11:47 PM Re: Loading stuff into the X1's RAM problems....
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Does ur SAVE/ENTER button work for other stuff???

#163855 - 10/18/02 04:31 AM Re: Loading stuff into the X1's RAM problems....
DannyUK Offline

Yes it does, its not the button.. it only does not work when trying to perform this particular function....

#163856 - 10/18/02 05:41 AM Re: Loading stuff into the X1's RAM problems....
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
DannyUK
Let me try to help, but first let me say this, if you're trying to store one of your SND files permanetly into the X1 ram, that's not gonna happen, by doing what you're trying to do wich's creating that extra file into the hard drive, the one you call it .PWR, that will only allow you to autoload a particular file or files i should say, of SNDs, generally it's a set of 8 files or 16, everytime you turn the keyboard on.
Having said that, to accomplish the autoload, you have to do couple of things, in disk mode make sure you are in the folder that contains the 8 set of sounds files,highlight the first file then press SAVE/ENTER, this should create the autoload file, it should be called something like "INIPWR!!!'", if you can't see the file that you just created, while youre still in disk mode, press DIR wich's in the upper left corner, this shoud diplay all the files inside this particular folder including the autoload file that should be the first file.
Now here comes the part that most of X1 users don't know,in order for the autolad to work, when you turn your X1 on, it should go straight to that folder that has the autoload file in it, generally the X1 goes to folder #1, but the autoload file could be in folder #6 for example, what you want to do is right after creating the Autoload file, exit the disk mode, press SAVE/ENTER, then save your "POWER ON".
I hope that helped.

Eddy

#163857 - 10/18/02 07:51 AM Re: Loading stuff into the X1's RAM problems....
DannyUK Offline

Once again, thanks very much for your help, however, it still does not work.

As ive already said, when i get to the point where im supposed to highlight the sound file then pressing SAVE/ENTER to create this pwr file, it does NOTHING. It does not response, theres no flicker of the screen its as if the button is muted... if i cannot get past this bit, then im stuck.. there must be a reason why the SAVE/ENTER button does not response when the file is highlighted, all i cant think of is because i may have an older OP system (V3.0a) that perhaps does not include this facility. I know that in my instructions there is no mention of this procedure. Perhaps someone could tell me for sure if this procedure works only on certain OP systems OR should it be a function that works regardless...

Thanks again for your help...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online