SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#163380 - 10/03/07 10:35 AM Re: S900 is here - now a problem...
Beakybird Offline

Lahawk,

Yamaha is obligated to take back a defective keyboard, but not one that I scratched while it was in my possession.

I put two blemishes on this board that I returned, and for that I am grateful that Yamaha took it back. Standard procedure would be to require me to have it repaired under warranty.

Beakybird

#163381 - 10/03/07 01:18 PM Re: S900 is here - now a problem...
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Beakybird,

Thanks for explaining about the scratch you made.

I missed that part, and for Yamaha to replace it is a nice PR move.

BTW...curious, how did you scratch up a new keyboard so bad?

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Frapper

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 10-03-2007).]

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#163382 - 10/04/07 07:42 AM Re: S900 is here - now a problem...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mine has gotten so bad that the only way I can use it is to turn off the pitch bend function at the Controller screen. I can't use any of my registrations because they all revert to having pitch bend on. So I must manually pick a style and play it. Can't use OTS because they default to having the pb on also, so I can only play sounds that I select from the sound banks.
Oh well, my new one is on the way, thanks to George, and I can make it through the weekend with this one.
I will probably take my Casio WK3200 along in case I have to play lead sounds from it. It does have great Piano and Organ sounds. Also have the laptop for backup if absolutely necessary.
DonM

#163383 - 10/04/07 07:54 AM Re: S900 is here - now a problem...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Don,

Pitch bend OFF can be stored in a registration memory.

Ian

#163384 - 10/04/07 08:03 AM Re: S900 is here - now a problem...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Mine has gotten so bad that the only way I can use it is to turn off the pitch bend function at the Controller screen. I can't use any of my registrations because they all revert to having pitch bend on. So I must manually pick a style and play it. Can't use OTS because they default to having the pb on also, so I can only play sounds that I select from the sound banks.
Oh well, my new one is on the way, thanks to George, and I can make it through the weekend with this one.
I will probably take my Casio WK3200 along in case I have to play lead sounds from it. It does have great Piano and Organ sounds. Also have the laptop for backup if absolutely necessary.
DonM

Don bummer & your was NEW when you got it also?...what the heck is going on with these S900 series units? please keep us posted on your progress with the new one under professional live every day gig conditions to see if any problems occur....I hope not.

#163385 - 10/04/07 08:05 AM Re: S900 is here - now a problem...
DonM Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Don,

Pitch bend OFF can be stored in a registration memory.

Ian

Thanks Ian, but wouldn't I have to go back and reset ALL my registrations? I may do that, since I don't use that many anyway.
DonM

#163386 - 10/04/07 08:13 AM Re: S900 is here - now a problem...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
As long as you had the original registrations stored elsewhere you would be okay in doing enough for you to get by.

Sorry to hear about your S900 problems, Don...it can be so disappointing...I was lucky and got a good one.

From what I can gather from Yamaha Canada, there has been no problems in this neck of the woods...seems to have been a bad batch that slipped through quality control and were mostly shipped to the USA.

Good luck with your gig.

Ian

#163387 - 10/04/07 09:31 AM Re: S900 is here - now a problem...
DonM Offline

As I mentioned, mine was damaged in shipping. It had a small crack in the back of the case. Maybe that caused it. Don't know.
Thanks for the help. I'll set up a bank of registrations to get by.
DonM

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online