SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#163326 - 03/05/00 08:38 PM Solton X-1 - OS upgrade
Bob Wheeler Offline

Loc: Overland Park, Kansas USA
The official Solton site now lists all of the enhancements included in the 3.1 OS upgrade. It also has installation instructions. I'm not quite ready to go to 3.1 yet as it does not list which features have been taken away. Any comments from those who have completed the lastest upgrade are appreciated. Go to "www.ketron.it" and click on the "product" icon.

Bob

#163327 - 03/07/00 11:58 PM Re: Solton X-1 - OS upgrade
Michael Metzger Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Bob,

i installad the new OS 3.1a yesterday. It seem's to work fine.

"Lower+Bass" also works with this version. I don't think, they have taken away any features.

cu
Michael Metzger (form Germany)

#163328 - 03/08/00 09:12 AM Re: Solton X-1 - OS upgrade
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The only thing I noticed yesterday at my store was when I went to show a customer how to use the "arabic" feature added in 3.0a, it seemed to be lost. For those of you who don't know what the arabic feature is, it is a function on I believe the third page of the Utility page allowing you to turn arabic on or off. If you turn it on and you are not in Registration mode but just changing styles, you can use the count in button to (hold it while hitting a single digit style 0-9 key) pick a bank and then when you release the count in button, you can change styles from 0-9 within the bank. So, if you want bank thirty, you hit count in, keep holding it and push 3. Then you can select 30, 31, 32,etc. by just pushing a single number. I can't do this anymore with 3.1a. I'll have to email Italy to ask if I'm right that they took this feature away.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#163329 - 03/09/00 01:11 AM Re: Solton X-1 - OS upgrade
Michael Metzger Offline

Hi George,

i didn't know that feature, therefore i can't miss it!

Do you know, if there is a complete documentation for the current OS available (pdf, rtf, ...)? I bought my X1 with OS 2.2 and much things have changed... It's very difficult to find all new features without any help!

cu
Michael Metzger

#163330 - 03/09/00 02:11 AM Re: Solton X-1 - OS upgrade
George Kaye Offline

Michael,
Go to the www.ketron.it/ homepage and click on products and then go to downloading the 3.1a operating system. There will be directions for downloading and loading the system into your X1 and there will be a 3 page document telling you what new features were added in both 3.0a and 3.1a. You only need to load 3.1a because all the feature of 3.0a will be included (unless as I mentioned in an earlier post) they took any previous features away.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#163331 - 03/10/00 02:00 AM Re: Solton X-1 - OS upgrade
Michael Metzger Offline

Hi George,

i know these documents, but it's a very SHORT description of the new features and i think not all features are listed. I'm looking for a real documentation ....

Michael

#163332 - 03/10/00 06:55 AM Re: Solton X-1 - OS upgrade
George Kaye Offline

I'm sorry, but unless someone like AJ puts it down in words, you wont find "real documentation". That's the way these Companys work. It's not right, it's just the way it is!
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online