SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#163184 - 09/15/06 06:42 AM Re: Another song
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.... I think we were better off when we were arguing about who's keyboard sounded better ...
t.

#163185 - 09/15/06 08:18 AM Re: Another song
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
.... I think we were better off when we were arguing about who's keyboard sounded better ...
t.
Craig, the very least I can say is that if I were you I would not dare to put this rendition on my CD.

George

#163186 - 09/15/06 08:36 AM Re: Another song
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
WOW! I've now become a lurker here, but this I GOTTA CHIME IN! Holy Mary Mother of Crap! Craig-Shame, Shame, Shame my friend.

This only strengthens my point I made (that another member pointed out) about where we're going with "keyboard sounds".

I for one when I heard this was SHOCKED! at how well the guitar part was arranged. I honestly was quite skeptical about it in the beginning, and almost sent Craig an email. As Cgiles pointed out I quicky picked up on the timing or rhythm issues with Craig's previous posts demostrating guitar work. After hearing this I was dumbfounded--because this post was a complete 180 degree turn-around. Suddently Craig mastered all these guitar techiques in a matter of days.

Craig, I as a guitarists will NEVER fear what a keyboard can do--and I'm sure I speak for many guitar players too. However, I'm also a keyboardists and a drummer. I have much respect for keyboard players, and where the technology has brought us to, but NO keyboard will ever replace what we can do on the real thing.

SHAME SHAME SHAME!

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-15-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#163187 - 09/15/06 08:42 AM Re: Another song
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Well Guys I guess it's crow for me, I listened to both the orig and the posted, this time I used ear phones! They are Identical in my opinion right down to hearing 3 fingers pulling the stings impossible to duplicate even on another guitar.

I've been had, and it ticks me off to have the friendship and trust of a friend betrayed.

I guess I just wanted the ty2 to be that good that I extended my hopes to far.

Appreciate the education I received, but I try to give my friends every possible chance to do the right thing.

Just talked to craig,on skype in conference with Scott and Nick myself. And he sticks to his guns that its him and swears the 2 does not match.

So common sense is taking over and thinking of what has transpired, and his insistance of inocense here, I have to go with my gut, and bow to the good ears and persistance for the truth of fellow Zoner's (thanks guys)

(post of anothers work,as his own) Should be banned unless he can prove otherwise.
Which I don't think he can.......

Pass the Crow...........pose

#163188 - 09/15/06 08:49 AM Re: Another song
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Wow...this is incredible. I've just listened to both renditions of this song. There is NO way this is Craig playing these guitars on a keyboard. NO WAY! The articulations are distinctly Chet Atkins.

He may have played back Chet's song whilst he played along with an arranger, but Chet's original work can clearly be heard - every nuance, string bend, pick, twang, and double-string pick it's all there. You cannot reproduce that with a keyboard.

Craig, you have the burden of proof in this case, but I agree with nielshs on this one.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#163189 - 09/15/06 08:53 AM Re: Another song
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
This is what tipped me off, but I still didn't say anyting. Not many here actually work with samples, but listen to this song again, does anyone here have any idea how HUGE, and I mean freakin HUGE this guitar sample would have to be to capture all those nuances heard?

In my styles of music I work with samples, and I'm telling you it would have taken a GREAT deal of skill and time to create this Guitar Sample that Craig claims as his own. Seriously does anyone have any idea the amount of skill it would also take to actually then "play" this sound manually???? Just imagine the number of velocity curves that would need to be programmed and perfected for this sound. Software Technology is getting us closer, but I'm sorry--T2 sampling technology isn't there yet.

OK I'm done--back to lurking now Rock on Friends, and feel free to drop me an email.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-15-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#163190 - 09/15/06 09:22 AM Re: Another song
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
All I can say now is, Craig....... GET SOME HELP!

Whatever dosage you are on, either halve it or double it, whatever you are taking right now isn't helping.

Perhaps you've been watching Tony Blair and George Bush - when caught out in a bald faced lie, just keep denying it...... and attack the people who call you out.

Seriously, talk to a professional........

#163191 - 09/15/06 09:24 AM Re: Another song
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by loungelyzard:
I've been had, and it ticks me off to have the friendship and trust of a friend betrayed. . . . Appreciate the education I received, but I try to give my friends every possible chance to do the right thing.

Just talked to craig,on skype in conference with Scott and Nick myself. And he sticks to his guns that its him and swears the 2 does not match.

So common sense is taking over and thinking of what has transpired, and his insistance of inocense here, I have to go with my gut, and bow to the good ears and persistance for the truth of fellow Zoner's (thanks guys)

I ECHO Pose's sentiments. More than the deception itself, I now feel 'personally' betrayed by Craig, whom I had respected (till now) as an honest & trustworthy friend on Skype. This is indeed a very sad day for me for me personally. Thank you fellow Synthzoners for helping me see the truth.

Scott

#163192 - 09/15/06 09:33 AM Re: Another song
nielshs Offline

Hi Scoot and all SZ members

I feel sorry for Graig. I don't think he is a bad person but he has some sort of problem. I don't thing he should be banned from SZ, but we all should give him a second change.

Regards
Niels

#163193 - 09/15/06 09:40 AM Re: Another song
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I believe the Bible says "Hate the sin, Love the sinner" ... but man, to keep this going like this certainly indicates a much bigger problem ...
t.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online