SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#163174 - 09/15/06 03:02 AM Re: Another song
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Just hope Craig posted the wrong (original) song in stead of his created piece

If this is the case, please put yours on www.yousendit.com Craig. (very easy to access)
Proving you made it is simple : Put both seperate takes for sharing.

#163175 - 09/15/06 03:49 AM Re: Another song
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
After critiqueing (sp) one of Craig's earlier songs (with Squeak observing the same problems), I was amazed at his being able to correct this problem so completely in this tune. Also, I don't know about you guys but I can tell from a guys playing style if he is capable of playing the tune I'm listening to. I didn't comment because of all the accolades being heaped upon Craig. Despite the attaboys from other members, I thought his earlier offerings were amatuerish and had rhythm/timing problems. Although I tried to state this as constructively as possible, Craig's response was to "pull" the song. I guess he decided to put something up that no one could critique badly.

I doubt if anyone else will try that as long as nielshs is on the job. I'm guessing the fact that it was Craig may have given him extra motivation .

chas

#163176 - 09/15/06 03:59 AM Re: Another song
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
The instrumental versions played by Chet Atkins and Tommy Emanuel (who I think may be the guitarist in No Doubt as I know he has done a recording of this song) do not sound the same as mine. The guitar is far different for a start and the notes although very close on mine are not identicle. I have listened to both of these since I have had them ages and I have also played this song since Julian Lennon released it in 1991.

Believe what you want guys, I do not pull the wool over anyones eyes and never have.
Do you honestly think I would be dumb enough to post someone elses works on here. Anyone with a slight bit of common sense can search Google, newsgroups etc to get any song ever recorded. Compressing someone elses work and posting would take 5 minutes not 4 bloody days as this took me to do!

I've been a pro musician since leaving school to the age of 30, it's only the last 5 years I've decided to be semi pro as I like my daytime job too much to give up.
So thank you for the pathetic comments Diki, just when I thought you were starting to talk some sense on here you start off again.

It seems like guitarists can't face the fact that a keyboard player can come close to emulating an acoustic with the help of decent sample and some Pro Tools wizardry.
If I play over the top of the WAV still in my T2 it is in key and not at all out of key

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-15-2006).]

#163177 - 09/15/06 04:46 AM Re: Another song
nielshs Offline

Hi Craig

I have made an comparison of the 2 files in Wavelab. They are 100% identical and you know that. I feel sorry for you.

Have a listen

1. Tommy Emanuel & Chet Atkins http://www.solomusikeren.dk/Saltwater.mp3
2. Craig_MrT2 http://www.solomusikeren.dk/Craig_5.mp3

Regards Niels

[This message has been edited by nielshs (edited 09-15-2006).]

#163178 - 09/15/06 05:41 AM Re: Another song
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Unfortunately, I am at work and can't have my say.

I hope Nigel won't close this tread until I get home and listen to these recording. Please leave it open for another two hours.

Regards,
George

#163179 - 09/15/06 05:56 AM Re: Another song
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
Nielshs Craig_UK's recording was a WMA file and not a MP3, so why are you posting a MP3 for comparison instead of the original WMA he posted on 4shared?

I have listened to the WMA and the MP3 of the Chet Atkins one and they are not identicle at all. There are quite a few differences if you dig deep into the audio.

#163180 - 09/15/06 06:01 AM Re: Another song
nielshs Offline

Here is the wma
http://www.solomusikeren.dk/Craig_5.wma

And again, there is NO difference at all. I have analysed the 2 recordings note by note.

Regards
Niels

#163181 - 09/15/06 06:13 AM Re: Another song
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Niels is right ! Not one single mismatch.

#163182 - 09/15/06 06:37 AM Re: Another song
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Exerpt from a personal email Craig sent me.
I'm pulling all of my songs off 4shared and when I have my album out which will be hopefully copyrighted, we'll see what the buyers think.

If this song gets on his album, do you think he will face any copyright issues? This question directed at those who say his version is still quite different from Tommy's and Chet's, and who can personally vouch for his ability to do what we've heard here. Anybody who believes that now chooses to be blind; or deaf maybe. Sorry Trident if this isn't quite as diplomatic as before.

#163183 - 09/15/06 06:39 AM Re: Another song
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.... all I can say is "WOW" ...

t.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online