Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#163154 - 09/14/06 04:17 AM Re: Another song
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Craig,

Exceptional!

One of the finest guitar emulations I have ever heard.

You are an excellent player!

Ian the Impressed

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#163155 - 09/14/06 07:44 AM Re: Another song
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Brilliant Craig - It is difficult to believe this was just a keyboard - It is gobsmacking as we say on our side of the pond.

Well done and more of the same please....

Regards - KF

[This message has been edited by KFingers (edited 09-14-2006).]

#163156 - 09/14/06 12:33 PM Re: Another song
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I don't find a file there specifically called saltwater. I find one that sounds like it called Craig5.wma or something like that. If that is the song you are all listening to, that's a real guitar. The recording has a lot of hiss, reminds me of something that was ripped from a cassette. Hopefully I'm listening to the wrong file.

#163157 - 09/14/06 12:42 PM Re: Another song
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Craig 5 is the song FAEbGBD.

A real guitar lmao a real acoustic sounds far better.

As for the hiss, no one else has noticed any and there is no hiss whatsover on the recording, so maybe it's to do with what you are playing the song back on?

Thanks for your input anyway.

#163158 - 09/14/06 01:59 PM Re: Another song
FAEbGBD Offline

I'm disappointed that you're persisting with this ruse.

First of all, that guitarist is doing 5 fret slides, and not pitchbend slides either, because it is not a glissando, it is half step increments which would be done on the frets. Secondly, if you aren't a guitarist you'd have no idea when to use the open strings and when to use fretted notes, but this song is completely authentic in that regard. This would require a computer program of sorts that would annalize the data put into it and render phrasing later.
Also, the bass is doing similar things.
Anyone who would program a sample library that extensive, and also make it tailored to work inside the Tyros II with that level of proficiency would definitely make it a commercial multisample set that could be purchased. I absolutely 100% don't accept this; not for a second.

#163159 - 09/14/06 02:41 PM Re: Another song
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hello Rory, you have an e-mail

#163160 - 09/14/06 05:22 PM Re: Another song
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Gotta confess, this comes close to the definition of a personal attack, accusing a member of lying about how he made a track after several detailed descriptions of how it was done........

Hope you are hungry, there's some crow in the oven!

#163161 - 09/14/06 05:29 PM Re: Another song
FAEbGBD Offline

Nope. called it a ruse. not a lie. Big difference. And anyway, I'm not above eating a bit of crow if I'm proven wrong. I asked Craig to send me the original guitar tracks. He did it in protools. I want to be able to hear these guitars without the rest of the arrangement and see if I can tell then that they are samples. I have no idea if I'll get those tracks or not. But, the link to download the song is now gone. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. But I used the word ruse for a reason. Not prepared to call it a lie, simply a ruse that I as yet am unconvinced it isn't. That's OK isn't it?

#163162 - 09/14/06 06:58 PM Re: Another song
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
Not prepared to call it a lie, simply a ruse that I as yet am unconvinced it isn't. That's OK isn't it?

Only if it IS a ruse ... then it would be ok that you said it... but not ok that it is a ruse (IF it is) ... too much praise and time spent IF it IS a ruse ....
t.

#163163 - 09/14/06 07:26 PM Re: Another song
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Websters Dictionary:
Ruse (noun): A deceptive maneuver (especially to avoid capture).

Ok folks. I want to come forward to vouche for Craig's song production authenticity, and that it was 100% done by him the way he clearly described the process earlier in this thread:

"The song does not use any of the arranger mode at all m8 and the style is NOT a SMF, neither does it use any midi data in any way.

With Pro Tools I can link my T2 to the PC. Sampled sounds on the PC can be loaded and I can trigger them with the T2 which can then be used to create the style. Fair enough it is midi data that is being punched in since it is recording the notes I am playing, but it is also recording audio which is why I use this.

The bass is a 5mb sampled TVN loaded into the T2. I then play this into Pro Tools after I've created my drum patterns/loops.
It is not saved as a SMF and loaded back into the T2, it is saved as an audio file (WAV) then imported back into the T2 that way, so no midi file used by me as I don't believe in them in the way that some singers would use them if you follow my drift.

Keep it as live as possible, no SMF/MP3 here. "

Because Craig and I speak with each other regularly on Skype, I've witnessed him playing his Tyros2 live and can assure you that his keyboard 'guitar emulation' skills are capable of what you heard on this song. No lie, no ruse, only admiration for Craig's keyboard & music skills, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Scott

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online