SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#163144 - 09/13/06 09:44 AM Re: Another song
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Diki, not sure if it's me reading your last post wrong at all, but here goes.

The song does not use any of the arranger mode at all m8 and the style is NOT a SMF, neither does it use any midi data in any way.

With Pro Tools I can link my T2 to the PC. Sampled sounds on the PC can be loaded and I can trigger them with the T2 which can then be used to create the style. Fair enough it is midi data that is being punched in since it is recording the notes I am playing, but it is also recording audio which is why I use this.

The bass is a 5mb sampled TVN loaded into the T2. I then play this into Pro Tools after I've created my drum patterns/loops.
It is not saved as a SMF and loaded back into the T2, it is saved as an audio file (WAV) then imported back into the T2 that way, so no midi file used by me as I don't believe in them in the way that some singers would use them if you follow my drift.

Keep it as live as possible, no SMF/MP3 here

#163145 - 09/13/06 11:59 AM Re: Another song
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Craig, I was not in any way saying that using an SMF was how you did it..... I think I understood from your post how you did it, in your studio.

But what I was trying to point out was, if you wished to perform this tune live, as well as you could, you would HAVE to use an SMF to allow you to do the bends and other two-handed tricks that would prevent the guitar sounding that good if played with just one hand.....

I guess my main point was, depending on the demands of the tune or how you would prefer to perform it, sometimes SMFs are the only way to go, in a live situation. I am as big a fan of arranger mode as anyone when it suits how I wish to play, but ever since the removal of the Chord Sequencer feature, anything that significantly uses pitch bend or complicated two-hand pyrotechnics has to use an SMF to allow me to do this. There is no right and wrong way to do anything........

Your Pro-Tools method is yet another valid way to do things, but is anything other than straight, live arranger mode. But it does the job better than any other way, for you, and for this particular tune. I applaud anyone that is capable of understanding that 'different strokes for different folks' is the way to go, and slavish adherence to only one form of performing limits us in our playing options.

So, kudos once again, can't wait to hear more of this stuff! And BTW, you still haven't said if you play the guitar.......

#163146 - 09/13/06 12:09 PM Re: Another song
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Craig.....I can only use one word to describe your performance on this song, I stole it from the British....."BRILLANT" keep them coming.....
TR

#163147 - 09/13/06 12:30 PM Re: Another song
Craig_UK Offline

Sorry Diki missed that the first time.

I have tried the guitar and had lessons for about a year, but I couldn't get my fingers around half of the strings so I certainly can't play any solo stuff on one.

I have worked with guitarists in bands and the studio since I was 14 so almost 22 years and I do have a good ear when it comes to picking out notes, chords and phrasing.

#163148 - 09/13/06 06:17 PM Re: Another song
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm curious as to how long it took you to put all that together, it's pretty close to broadcast quality!

Also, can you let us know which particular sample sets you got the custom sounds from?

#163149 - 09/13/06 07:29 PM Re: Another song
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Craig:
I just got home from my 3 jobs, and I tried to download the song, to my luck, already had reached the limit.....so, I guess, I will ask Tapas (because he lives near), to put it into a flash drive and let me hear your song, for the comments, I already know is a SMASH HIT!....Keep posting more....I promise to be alert and download it as soon is possible.

#163150 - 09/14/06 01:59 AM Re: Another song
Craig_UK Offline

Hi mdorantes I've now changed to
http://www.4shared.com/dir/688993/1aa6c008/sharing.html

You should have more luck with that site.

Hi Diki again, it took about 4 days on and off at a guess to do it all. The hardest part was doing the style from scratch.
The guitar is not from any set you can buy, it's from a mates personal collection.

#163151 - 09/14/06 02:18 AM Re: Another song
Magica Alfa Offline

Craig Great work.

Guitars are fantastic. I miss only finally mixing with top RMS.

Performance is really good. Keep on with your work.

#163152 - 09/14/06 02:39 AM Re: Another song
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I keep getting the following message when I try to listen.

"The file is suspected of illegal or copyrighted content Please contact link publisher....."

This only happens on the "Saltwater" title. The other three play fine. ????

Anyone else have this problem?

chas

#163153 - 09/14/06 03:17 AM Re: Another song
Craig_UK Offline

I think it's because I had uploaded it on 4shared previously (the full 38mb WAV version), then I erased it off because of it's size and put it the compressed version onto rapidshare, then I uploaded the same name again back to 4shared because people were having problems with Rapidshare.
I have renamed the file to Craig 5 and it now works fine. It seems that once a file name has gone onto 4shared you can't use that name again.

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 09-14-2006).]

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online