SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16259 - 05/05/05 08:13 PM help with GEM WX2 keyboard
Anonymous
Unregistered

Recently I bought a used GEM WX2. The keyboard seems OK, but don´t work. I openned it and discovered a leaked battery that defeated a little portion of the circuit. I'm recovering the circuit and I think it will be okay. The bad facts is that I don't knows how to put it in operation. I don´t have any maintenance site near me, it may not worth to pay the price to send it much far. I also don´t have manuals, or disks. Can I find on line manuals or diskette images? Is it DOS compatible disks?
Can someone help me?
Luis

#16260 - 05/06/05 06:15 AM Re: help with GEM WX2 keyboard
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lcaruso:
Recently I bought a used GEM WX2. The keyboard seems OK, but don´t work. I openned it and discovered a leaked battery that defeated a little portion of the circuit. I'm recovering the circuit and I think it will be okay. The bad facts is that I don't knows how to put it in operation. I don´t have any maintenance site near me, it may not worth to pay the price to send it much far. I also don´t have manuals, or disks. Can I find on line manuals or diskette images? Is it DOS compatible disks?
Can someone help me?
Luis

Hello Luis,

The WX2 operating system is actually burned into EEPROM so there is no way to load the O/S from a disk. If the operating system software contained in the EEPROM is corrupted (which isn't a common occurrence) then this chip would need to be replaced.

I do not have a PDF version of the WX2 manual, sorry. I will see if I can locate one for you.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online