Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#161631 - 12/30/02 08:39 PM Re: Tyros speakers review
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Roel:
[B]Hi all,

The Hammond samples in the SD1 have a very good Leslie-effect attached. The DSP however sounds poor .... hope OS4.0 improves this.

It's OK with me if the Tyros discussions take place here

Happy NEW YEAR !

Hey Roel ,
I was told that organ sounds have been improved with 4.0 . Ram banks will be loaded with all the new sounds .
Another feature added is the ability to instantly remove all parts of the style accept the part one you want with one button ( F1 thru F10) .
Drum and bass feature will be assignable via the foot switch .
Drum remix is going to be nice as well !
Keep jammin ! 4.0 is around the corner . Dano

PS....I do not mind the tyro's discussions . Happy New Year

------------------
Piano Man's Music City
624 Frederick Rd .
Catonsville Md. 21228
410 747 0200
danosmusic@yahoo.com

#161632 - 12/30/02 08:50 PM Re: Tyros speakers review
trtjazz Offline

FWIW......Of the last 20 posts at the top here, only 2 were in regards to the Tyros. If my math is correct, then 80% were on other boards and subjects.

Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 12-31-2002).]

#161633 - 12/30/02 09:27 PM Re: Tyros speakers review
rgtaa Offline

sounds like FUZZY Math to me!

LOL

Hey... nobody is saying don't talk about the Tyro's !

Just the Undercurrent that everything "other than" the Tyro's is "OLD NEWS" !

Comprenda!

#161634 - 12/30/02 10:22 PM Re: Tyros speakers review
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Scott and Dave: Now you boys play nice. Don't make me come out (over, down, up) there.
DonM

#161635 - 12/31/02 03:34 AM Re: Tyros speakers review
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rgtaa:
sounds like FUZZY Math to me!

LOL

Hey... nobody is saying don't talk about the Tyro's !

Just the Undercurrent that everything "other than" the Tyro's is "OLD NEWS" !

Comprenda!

Woops, now that I sharpened my pencil.....90% other than Tyros. I'm not even a blonde either. No wonder why oppenheimer never called me for the Manhattan project.

BTW anything other than the Tyros is old news at the moment, but Winter Namm will probably bring new toys to talk about, that we'll also get sick of hearing about.
jam on,
Terry

#161636 - 12/31/02 04:36 AM Re: Tyros speakers review
rgtaa Offline

Both Scott and UD have a strong voice on this Board ... and I LIKE IT!

UD has bought a TON of stuff and reviewed it all for us ...

Scott has reviewed the PSR2000 and Tyro's and in the past Technic's too ...

We got 2 reviewers who don't always AGREE as I see it ... like good Movie Reviewers!

Also, many probably placed BETS that UD would at least Buy the Tyro's (for a few hours or days) and then Decide how long it would take before he sold it!" and UD decided not to buy it and review it!

So the gamblers LOST !

Now if UD and Scott can play the Review game but do it with a DRY sense of humor or funny pokes at each other ... I would have even more fun on this Board!

Both you guys are professional's and Gig out alot! And both are always trying to be helpful and honest in your insights!

And if either of you like something or HATE something ...you both don't pussy foot about the matter! And that's why I like you both!

Same as i like the Good Movie Reviewers when they Joke at each other when ONE gives a THUMPS UP and the OTHER a THUMPS Down on a MOVIE!

#161637 - 12/31/02 04:47 AM Re: Tyros speakers review
Roel Offline

Andrea,

I got this reply from SYRINCS

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello Mr. de Jonge,

thank You for recommending our products!!

For international selling, we handle european dealers identical with german dealers. So business is no problem. They just have to contact us.

For overseas business we have no partners at the moment.
But I know, that there are people already using SYRINCS.

With a happy new year,
keep on rocking

c.schucht@syrincs.de

#161638 - 12/31/02 06:29 AM Re: Tyros speakers review
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
My, MY, .. has all that "GIGGING" during those Christmas "JOBS" taken the CHRISTmas spirit out of us already?!?!? ...
Personally, I love all the talk about the other kb's and realize that the TYROS is the new kid on the block and is going to get a lot of talk right now ... but deep down I also realize that you guys don't know what you are missing by NOT having a 'technics', the BEST kb EVER !!! .....
.... and once again I wish you all:
PEACE, LOVE and PATIENCE !!!
t

#161639 - 12/31/02 06:52 AM Re: Tyros speakers review
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I don't own a Tyros, will probably not own a Tyros in the forseable future (that's a complaint). If or when I'm able to afford something THAT expensive the Tyros will be old and discontinued (maybe I'll be able to buy a used one ), but I read all the Tyros posts and I am interested in all the feedback. Enjoyed the comments by Simon, Scott and Terry (keep on Jamming). Also appreciate users with other boards explaining why they won't switch to the Tyros. The Tyros discusion stays.
Starkeeper

#161640 - 12/31/02 07:22 AM Re: Tyros speakers review
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Whew ...... touchy emotions today, huh?

I wasn't saying NO Tryros talk at all, I was just suggesting that the "Tyros specific" comments might be more appreciated in an all Yamaha forum, so the owners with the on hands experience can help each other out. Hands on advice is more valuable then speculation, right?

Yes, the mindless sports talk is just a diversion .... live with it - some of us like other things too. All music and no play makes "Jack" a dull boy. Whoever Jack is ...
It's just a way to make this place more personal, and fun.

Scott...... what can I say? You and I have had our share of miscommunications in the past, and it looks like another bout has just ensued. Sorry if you feel assaulted, but be honest - that speaker comment was shot right at me. No one else talks about the value of the on board systems as much as I do .... and for that matter - maybe some of you should try doing some of the intimate, quiet venues that facilitate conversation and eloquent dining music. You'll save your hearing, your voice and you just MIGHT enjoy the music at a more sensible listening level. There is a lot to be said about acoustic (or as close as CAN be) sound.

In small setting where the KB is the main system .... the stereo image is very much pronounced, and if you add a small bass amp or powered sub (mixed at the PROPER level) you can fill out what's missing quite nicely. The kb manufacturers know their stuff - the on board speakers make a terrific tone, and sometimes, it's better than an outboard amp, because of fine tuning of EQ settings.

I did a Christmas party a few weeks ago that was a tiny dining room in a fancy restaurant and was set with a long table for twenty. That's it. The people were so close to me, I almost didn't use a mic, but I thought the effects would enhance the performance .... even at the minuscule volume level that I performed at. The job paid very well .... (as much as any other Saturday night would for me) and the volume level, fullness of sound, QUALITY of tone, and energy of performance were ALL at my normal standard. The client and their quests were very satisfied, and at NO time did anyone have to say ....... "Um, could I hear a little more stereo separation please?" or "Is that as loud as this thing gets?"

My point is (and continues to be)

External amps are not always necessary. It's entirely up to the size and volume requirements of the situation. I do a very broad cross-section of work ranging from intimate cocktail parties to high school dances, and everything in between. The gear setups have to be flexible and the decision to use "what" has to be made at each performance. There is NO one way to set up, and at the end of my year (tomorrow) I will have done such a wide variety of setups, I could publish the list in Keyboard Mag as a "How to" manual for the novice player. I pride myself of being extra creative with setups, and my clients all appreciate it. I hate to even see wires in a fancy home set up. It takes away from the visual.

We all have our own experiences to draw from, and it's only natural to assume that our way is the best way, but this place is starting to get overly sensitive to criticism. My mind is open to anyone's comments or suggestions, and my advice and/or comments will ensue, if I have a valid point to share. It used to be a happier place .......... let's get back to that.

So, here's my New Years Resolution:

I promise to censor all comments that "single out" another member until I reread it. That way, I'll get a fresh approach to the subject matter before it becomes a public statement. In the end - I really am trying to help ..... and sometimes that help will come in the form of challenging another member's advice if I feel it's valid. I stand by all my comments thus far, and I'm sorry if everyone does not agree, but hey - that's life. We're all different.

Happy New Year to all ........... I mean that.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online