SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#161561 - 11/01/01 06:53 PM Roland VA7 Version 2.0
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I've been posting alot of comments about some of the new products which I have received in the past week, but now I'd like to tell you about a new version of the VA7 I was shipped today. I bought more VA5's and VA7's because the price was lowered substantially and I felt they were a really good buy, but with version 2.0 plus Music Assistant I'm blown away with how good they have made an already great keyboard.
First off, there is now the music assistant which is a data base for User Programs, much like the Yamaha PSR9000 and PSR2000 with instant access to over 700 user program files on Zip and a convenient Find function. The difference between the music assistant and a User Program Set is that the music assistant manages individual user program files on zip disk and that these user programs can be accessed directly.
Next there is now UP1, UP2, LW1 and LW2 fields on the master page for switching off the upper and lower parts via the touch display. What's also great is that now all four sounds can be turned on for a 4 voice layered sound across the entire keyboard.
Next, the VariPhrase part can now be assigned to both the left or the right half of the keyboard. This is great in the event you want to add vocal phrases to a left hand voice in split mode while triggering accomp. styles. Also, now you can layer all 4 voices or just one or more with a vocal variphrase sample. You couldn't do this with version 1.
Next, if you have a SMF with no lyrics, you can add lyrics in the VA7 by writing lyrics right in the VA7.
Next, it is now possible to set the metronome volume.
Roland is also now included 4 floppy disks with 100 of the songs that were from the G1000 zip disk songs which they discontinued because of copyrights about 2 years ago.
All of this is now available for under $2000.00.
The VA5 has also dropped in price but does not include the new features of version 2 because there is no zip disk or variphrase. I just got new ones of these too and I have to pull one out and see if there are 4 layers available in the VA5. It price has dropped to under $1500.00.
Both are now outstanding values in my opinion.
Roland also notified me that customers can get the version 2 upgrade from Roland by contacting the store where they bought there keyboards. I've been told that there are many disks involved and a new zip disk. I don't know if there is any charge for this. I will find out asap.
Regards,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#161562 - 11/02/01 01:33 PM Re: Roland VA7 Version 2.0
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
George,

A pity to hear that the price of a VA7 unit has dropped. And about the new features that it got, yes.. That's great. I've been enjoying those now for a few months.

I still wonder how to write the Lyrics within the VA7?

Sander
Now using Win XP Professional
The Netherlands

#161563 - 11/03/01 01:09 AM Re: Roland VA7 Version 2.0
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Roland experts

There are some VA questions waiting for
comments at http://www.technote.com/
at the Roland forum.
You have to register, but it's totally free.
Kind regards
GJ

Btw,
there are also other brands forums there,
such as Hammond, Casio and Yamaha.

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 11-03-2001).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#161564 - 11/03/01 11:45 PM Re: Roland VA7 Version 2.0
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Hello George,

I am from San Diego and I bought a VA-7 from your store a couple of months ago (that was quite a drive but worth it!). I would be very interested in finding out how I would get my VA-7 upgraded to version 2.0.
This is a great keyboard, and knowing that it now has a music assistant feature besides many other enhancements is pretty exciting.
Please keep me updated!

Claude
cgrosjea@yahoo.com

#161565 - 11/04/01 12:04 AM Re: Roland VA7 Version 2.0
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Claude,
I will be glad to let you know how to get your VA7 upgraded when I find out next week from Roland.
Today, was the first day I had to play with the new music assistant function. What I loved about it is that Roland has combined some great styles, voices, variphrases and D-Beam controller set ups, ready to go. One of my complaints about the VA7 was that I didn't see much uselfulness in the Variphrase. But now, being able to use it effectively with other voices makes it really worth while. I especially like the set ups where they assign a vocal sound to the d-beam and you can bring a voice in and out in time to your hand movements. I find it hard to believe that the price has dropped so much for so much keyboard.
Regards,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#161566 - 11/05/01 08:40 AM Re: Roland VA7 Version 2.0
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
George,

That sounds great. I can't wait to explore the new version 2.0. It almost feel like getting a new keyboard!
Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Claude

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online