SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16145 - 01/21/04 08:24 AM Question about using a WK4 as a controller(master)with slave(module) Advice Anyone
Musical704 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
I am using a WK4 as a master when playing midifile/sequences. I would like to select or have the control/patch change info. sent to a Yamaha Motif. The WK4 and the sequences choose the GM soundset of the Motif. I would like like to have use of the non-gm soundset(i.e. the other banks of patches on the Motif.) Is there a way/program to do this? I'm able to do it via Cakewalk. However, when I save the midifile to a floppy, the WK4 does not send the control/patch change to the Motif as my PC/Cakewalk program did.

How can I make this work?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Musical704@cs.com

#16146 - 01/31/04 05:11 AM Re: Question about using a WK4 as a controller(master)with slave(module) Advice Anyone
WDM Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hi,

Try this. I don't have a WK4, but it works on my Genesys.

Enter the MIDI Edit mode, select General Settings and make sure that General MIDI=OFF and Bank Select=ON.

Also, when saving your SMF from Cakewalk, make sure that all program change and bank select data is being saved along with the file. I think some programs have an option for this.

I hope this helps,

Dave

#16147 - 01/31/04 10:12 PM Re: Question about using a WK4 as a controller(master)with slave(module) Advice Anyone
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Dave,

I welcome all your input to the site. Thank You!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online