SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#161415 - 08/07/05 02:48 PM Yesterday, a wedding with the PAS
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Yesterday, the scenary was idilic. 250 people, outdoors, a few hundred meters from the spanish border, in the margins of the Douro river canyons, very hot during the day, really warm temperature after sunset (very rare in that area). You'll have to imagine all the empty space in front of the Tyros, filled with people dancing until 2 AM (sunday)...

I take this opportunity to show you guys around, and in particular, the "Pauliteiros de Miranda". They perform a traditional dance with sticks. You are invited to check the pictures (in full size) here:

PIC1
PIC2
PIC3
PIC4
PIC5
PIC6
PIC7
PIC8

The PAS did a spectacular job and it was more than enough to cover all the area, with the usual advantages: clear sound, uniform volume everywhere. Numerous people came to me asking what the hell was that sound system, amazed by its small footprint, big sound and incredible fidelity. I hope you like the tour

-- José.

[This message has been edited by Route 66 (edited 08-07-2005).]

#161416 - 08/07/05 02:57 PM Re: Yesterday, a wedding with the PAS
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Beautiful scenery. Excellent photography.
Thanks for sharing!
DonM

#161417 - 08/07/05 04:04 PM Re: Yesterday, a wedding with the PAS
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Thank you for sharing your pictures and report on the PAS. I too have use my PAS outdoors with great success.

Thanks again!

#161418 - 08/07/05 05:01 PM Re: Yesterday, a wedding with the PAS
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jose, wow, terrific pics taken of what looks was an idillic gig setting. Your Tyros/Bose PAS system, and of course your entertainer-musicianship, certainly look to have provided the perfect compliment to this classy wedding. Interesting pics of the traditional Spanish(?) stick dance as well as shots of the surrounding countryside. The surrounding area reminds me a lot of parts of California as I think we share a very similar Mediterranean climate.

Jose, I'd be interested in finding out what songs you performed that evening.

Thanks again for sharing.

Scott

#161419 - 08/07/05 08:59 PM Re: Yesterday, a wedding with the PAS
Dnj Offline

Jose......
awesome pics thanx so much for sharing your experiences, IM glad to hear your enjoying the PAS it is quite a system for sure......I love mine....nice set up also......Im sure your audience loved every minute of it!!

#161420 - 08/08/05 08:30 PM Re: Yesterday, a wedding with the PAS
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Thanks everybody! Scott, during the meal I perform an eclectic selection of portuguese pop music, international pop, spanish and brazilian music (mainly samba and bossanova). For dance time, I mainly perform popular portuguese music (here called "música de baile"), mixed with ballroom styles like waltz, tango, chachacha, and some spanish and brazilian music too. People here are very conservative and I try to stick to what people expect to hear.

The "Pauliteiros" dance with sticks are a real portuguese tradicional dance (not spanish); the capital of this tradicional dance is Miranda do Douro - the town center was just a few kilometers away from where I was performing.

-- José.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online