SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16113 - 08/22/05 04:56 PM Promega Audio System
Jerry Mullikin Offline

Loc: Grand Junction, CO USA
Dave,
When you made the Promega 3 demo videos that you have posted on the GeneralMusic site, what type of audio setup were you using? I am trying to decide what system to get with the Promega 3 when I place my order. Thanks for your time...

Jerry M

#16114 - 08/22/05 06:26 PM Re: Promega Audio System
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Mullikin:
Dave,
When you made the Promega 3 demo videos that you have posted on the GeneralMusic site, what type of audio setup were you using? I am trying to decide what system to get with the Promega 3 when I place my order. Thanks for your time...

Jerry M

Hi Jerry,

The stereo audio outputs of the Promega 3 were going through a Mackie 1402VLX mixer and then straight to the video deck. The EQ on the mixer was set to flat and I used no external processing.

I think you are more interested in an amplification system, correct? The Genesys Audio System would do the job for home use. Or if you wanted something a bit more beefy sounding, I have always felt the M-Audio BX5's or BX8's are very good. There is also a subwoofer available called the SBX. I would suggest the SBX if you went with the smaller BX5 units, but it is not really necessary if you get the BX8's. Click HERE to go to M-Audio's active studio monitor page;

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#16115 - 08/23/05 12:43 PM Re: Promega Audio System
Jerry Mullikin Offline

Loc: Grand Junction, CO USA
Dave,

You are right, I will be looking for an amplification system. I checked out the M-Audio systems you mentioned, and they do look pretty impressive. Thanks for the reply.

Jerry M

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online