SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16051 - 02/25/04 08:37 AM Instrument Of Praise - upgrade
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Can you give me info on new stlyes, sounds, and anything else I would receive if I put the IOP upgrade on my SK880 powerstation.

thank you,

Richard

#16052 - 02/25/04 04:02 PM Re: Instrument Of Praise - upgrade
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Richard,

The IOP upgrade consists of the following:

SOUNDS- new multi-samples & drum/perc samples
9'grand sk
Gospelpiano
Orgb3_slow
Orgb3_fast
Pickgtr sk
El bass sk
Richstring
Woofemale
Guitar efx
Brass sect
Cool alto
Live kit 1
Live kit 2
Ac kit

STYLES- 16 new styles
Gospel6_8
Giveitup
Celebrate
Gosp.swing
Worshippop
Fungosple
Praiserun
Gtrworship
Funkgospel
Tothelord
Pastoral
Onyourfeet
Invitation
Contemp
Gospelblues
Offering

There are also 56 new presets utilizing the new sounds and styles. And a gospel version of Amazing Grace is included as a demo song featuring live vocals throughout. Pretty cool.

The new sounds and styles are quite good. Obviously, you will have to use your imagination based on the names of the sounds and styles to determine what they might be like.

I would suggest you try to take a listen to an SK-880 IOP before you upgrade, although if you are into gospel then you will probably enjoy the additions.

I don't think there are any mp3's of the new styles floating around but I will look into this for you and post anything I come up with.

Best Regards,

Dave McMahan

#16053 - 02/26/04 06:58 PM Re: Instrument Of Praise - upgrade
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Hi Richard,

The IOP upgrade consists of the following:

SOUNDS- new multi-samples & drum/perc samples
9'grand sk
Gospelpiano
Orgb3_slow
Orgb3_fast
Pickgtr sk
El bass sk
Richstring
Woofemale
Guitar efx
Brass sect
Cool alto
Live kit 1
Live kit 2
Ac kit

STYLES- 16 new styles
Gospel6_8
Giveitup
Celebrate
Gosp.swing
Worshippop
Fungosple
Praiserun
Gtrworship
Funkgospel
Tothelord
Pastoral
Onyourfeet
Invitation
Contemp
Gospelblues
Offering

There are also 56 new presets utilizing the new sounds and styles. And a gospel version of Amazing Grace is included as a demo song featuring live vocals throughout. Pretty cool.

The new sounds and styles are quite good. Obviously, you will have to use your imagination based on the names of the sounds and styles to determine what they might be like.

I would suggest you try to take a listen to an SK-880 IOP before you upgrade, although if you are into gospel then you will probably enjoy the additions.

I don't think there are any mp3's of the new styles floating around but I will look into this for you and post anything I come up with.

Best Regards,

Dave McMahan

Dave,
Thanks so much for the timely response and for giving me all the info I asked for!
I ordered the upgrade today Artie said it should ship Monday. Can't wait to try out the new styles. As I do mostly southern gospel and praise/worship music this upgrade should greatly increase variety in my music.

I would like to ask one additional question. Isn't there some way for the new styles with this upgrade to be stored in the flash style locations leaving the user locations open for other styles? I was under the immpression that this was the reason for the flash styles.

Thanks again for your help
Richard Shiflet

#16054 - 02/27/04 03:28 PM Re: Instrument Of Praise - upgrade
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Richard,

No problem. As for placing these styles in the flash area, I would love to say yes, but unfortunately these styles will have to reside in the user area. Sorry.

I think you will enjoy the new sounds and styles. Let me know how the upgrade goes.

Best Regards,

Dave

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online