SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#160484 - 08/28/04 12:58 PM Re: Help for a newbie to arranger keys
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Here's a simple tip.

Pick one of your favorite songs and practice that song until you can play it in your sleep. Then, once you get bored with it, try new voicings, embellishments, different styles, fills, breaks, etc.

Also, you MUST know your keyboard intuitively. Every button and feature must become second nature and you must learn to press those buttons between beats or pauses in the music.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#160485 - 08/28/04 02:16 PM Re: Help for a newbie to arranger keys
Dnj Offline

My friend....Im playing since I was 7yrs old...I'm 52 ...thats 45yrs of playing music & 32 yrs of that is professionaly...
And guess what....at todays gig I learned something new!!! Its a LIFELONG process of learning, absorbing, creating, practicing, & Loving your Instrument & Talent to the Max.....It never ends, there is no simple formulas, we all do it different....
I wish you luck in your Musical Journey my friend...but remember, one thing is guaranteed.....when you finally arrive it will all be worth it in a way I can't describe in words to you!!

Music is a Magical Thing ....
.....& YOUR the Magician!

#160486 - 08/29/04 08:23 AM Re: Help for a newbie to arranger keys
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Thanks guys for all the help. I'd like to know how you use the registration buttons. I know what the manual says but I mean you pro's, if you don't mind, how do you find them most useful.

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online