SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#159645 - 06/05/03 06:52 PM Re: Maybe Uncle Dave is right! (for once)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I was going to refrain from posting, but as some of you may remember, I (among others) have been the recipient of some of Uncle Dave's past flames. This included his attempt to claim pro experience superiority (over me) by saying he'd "been working the trenches, while I was still playing in the sand box" as well as his resentful (jeoulous?) remarks whenever I mentioned my Steinway Grand, or his 'repeated' reminders that he would never buy a 'mute' keyboard like a Tyros, suggesting it would most likely be found at a 'Toys R Us' toy store. Were these just innocent jokes and was I just being overly sensitive? Perhaps, but now that Uncle Dave's met his match with Esh (The Pro), the shoe is suddenly on the other foot, with Dave now on the receiving end, and now it's Uncle Dave claiming FOUL ball. Now I'm wondering who's really the 'overly sensitive' one.

I don't know the Pro (Jim Eshleman) personally, but I suspect he may have intentionally responded to Uncle Dave's postings in UD's similar 'straight forward' self appointed expert manner, just to test Uncle Dave at his own game.

Uncle Dave, I realize that underneath, that you're a kind hearted & generous person, so I'm keeping faith that your olive branch will prove to be an everlasting one.

Peace and friendship,

Scott

#159646 - 06/05/03 09:23 PM Re: Maybe Uncle Dave is right! (for once)
TERRYC Offline

Loc: St, Petersburg. Florida. u.s.a
I,m new to the forum.I have no Idea what transpired in the past between Dave or anybody else,but having recently dealt with Dave on a proffessional matter,I found him to be fortright and courteous.As for his personal life,I don,t know anything about it other than the unfortunate incident that happened a while ago,but which seems to have been resolved without to much harm. As a father of two Grown daughters I can attest to the fact that raising children is a difficult Task.As one of six kids myself I would like to point out that every child is not a product of their parents personalities. All of my siblings are totally different.If it were true that we are all products of our enviroment then we should all have turned out the same way and made the same mistakes as well as successes.It would not reflect the diversity of thinking on this forum if everybody agreed all the time. Sometimes a good arguament is needed to put things in perspective.I,m sure That both Dave and esh are good musicians and we all can learn from their opinions as well as they can from ours.That,s my two cents worth,so peace to all.and let,s keep the debates and info coming.

#159647 - 06/06/03 03:08 AM Re: Maybe Uncle Dave is right! (for once)
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
We need some new arrangers, so that we'll have some REAL issues to debate. This quarrel is extremely childish. I rest my case.

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#159648 - 06/06/03 03:38 AM Re: Maybe Uncle Dave is right! (for once)
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
IMHO is one of those redundant statements. Of course I express MY opinions ....

Dave, I have a feeling that, in your case, adding the "magic formula" to your statements would have a HUGE therapeutic effect. I don't pretend that you trust me, so here is something for you: I think that your daughter is still part of a treatment program and her family is part of the plan. Now, why don't you ask one of her therapeutists why she did what she did while she was with YOU, in YOUR house? She could have done the same thing while she was with her mother or in every other moment, but no: she did it in your own house. Didn't it occur to you that maybe she was trying to send you a message?

You also write:

"please don't tell me that because I am strong willed and confident in my abilities ( a MUST HAVE quality for any entertainer) that my family suffers proportionatly".

Fine, then why don't you keep your "bravado facade" for the business side of your life and try to be more humble or less assertive when dealing with your relatives, your Synthzone fellow members or your loved ones (including any future readhead?)
Once again, I have a feeling that this would have a HUGE positive effect on your personal life.
With friendship,
Andrea

#159649 - 06/06/03 04:09 AM Re: Maybe Uncle Dave is right! (for once)
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Didn't it occur to you that maybe she was trying to send you a message?

Andrea,
Of course this was a message. My daughter was crying out as loud as she knew how at the monent. As for location - for what it's worth ....... she was in the house that her Mom & I built together .... the only home that Katie knows. I just happened to be here during that horrible time. Her Mom came in within an hour, so it was not a case of her seeking ME out. She was just home, after school tryinf to shut her brain off.
On a lighter front - June 10th marks the 3 month anniversary of that terrible day and so far, it looks like there is no permanent physical damage to liver or kidneys. The doctors said three months shpuld tell the tale ... I hope they are right.

This forum is a unique place in many of our lives. It has the warmth of a cozy fire and the roar of a gale wind .... at the same time. It's obvious that we are connected somehow, or the little discrepencies would go unnoticed.

The real fact that counts here is honesty. I have been totally honest with all of you at all times. The same way I treat anyone I care about. If being blunt sometimes, makes a few ripples in the pond ..... at least they are honest ripples. I think some of us (maybe all of us, at times) feel "ownership" of this place. We get to a comfortable place, and we express ourselves as if this was a private diary. That's probably a compliment to Nigel ..... I'm not sure, but it seems like he has created a safe haven for all, and we respond in turn.

I think this issue has been drawn out enough. The long-timers here all know pretty much all there is to know about each member, (or at least what they THINK they know about each of us,) and the newcomers are finding their way, so I'll end my potion of this character debate with this:

Right or wrong - you will always get my REAL opinion. You will get it straight from the heart, or the trenches of experience.... wherever I store it. My intent is to share and to enlighten, and to absorb the same from each of you. Let's face it .... we really DON'T know anything about each other here ..... just what each of us LET'S you see. We make up our minds based on the matertial printed, and it may or may not be the real thing. This forum is a stage in itself, and we ALL perform on it. We show off, we act out our dreams and we share genuine feelings with a "captive" yet invisible audience. What better way to perform? No stage fright ...... no eyes glaring up at you .... time to rethink a line after it's been delivered. This is a majical place that allows us to step outside of the confines of our lives and post who WE think we are.

Taking all this into perspective ..... I think it's pretty cool that we are here at all. Arguments are a healty part of communication, and are inevitable in all relationships. This forum is no exception.

Scott ..... I'm not at all jealous of your piano, or your car, but thanx for adding to the soup anyway. It wouldn't be the same without commentary from all sides of the fence.
Don ..... Happy now? Bet you're sorry you ever started this one, huh?
Esh ..... I'm ok if you're ok.

It finally stopped raining for TWO days in a row, here in the Notheastern US. Whew! What a spring THIS has been. Maybe tensions were high because of some kind of sun-depravation ..... kind of like what goes on in Alaska during the extended period of moonlight. Who knows.

Like Porky Pig says :
... a bippita, bippita, bippita ... that's all folks !

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online