SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#159374 - 08/15/03 07:19 PM Help you Jammer Pro users!!!
musickatz2 Offline

I have a demo of this program but I cant get any sound out of it. It looks fine...like everything is working, but no sound comes out!! Thanks in advance!

#159375 - 08/15/03 10:13 PM Re: Help you Jammer Pro users!!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
if you don't have any luck here also try
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JammerProducts/

the guys in the group are really helpfull, plus Richard from Sound Trek, keeps in touch with the group as well, and answers quite a few of the questions.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#159376 - 08/15/03 10:41 PM Re: Help you Jammer Pro users!!!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
OK .. I'm gonna ask a few questions. I have both Jammer Pro vers 4 and vers 5 btw.

Do you have the midi output port set up properly ?

What midi device ( module or KB ) are you using ?

What version are you using ( JP 4 or 5 ) ?

Do you see the track bars light up when you play something in jammer ?

Have you tried one of the demo songs ?

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-15-2003).]

#159377 - 08/17/03 10:18 PM Re: Help you Jammer Pro users!!!
musickatz2 Offline

Thank You AJ and Rikki!!
I have jammer4. Is ver 5 a lot better? I was in such a hurry to use it that I just tried enabling each of the midi devices and suddenly I happened on the right one! Strange it wouldn't work when I enabled them all tho...oh well. It works now! Its good to know that their is a site for the jammer stuff. I will definitely check it out since I am having probs getting it to sound decent. I think I may have to go back to recording from scratch, track by track, for a bit and slowly work on my jammer skills when I have time. Now that I have sound I will withhold further jammer questions till I complete the tutorial! Thanks! Larry

#159378 - 08/20/03 04:26 PM Re: Help you Jammer Pro users!!!
MusiKMan Offline

Loc: California, USA
Guys, what happened to OMB?
Is there a latest demo?

best,
musikman

Musikman4Christ........

#159379 - 08/20/03 05:08 PM Re: Help you Jammer Pro users!!!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Jammer will work when you enable all of the midi devices.. Simply place the one that you are going to use primarily at the top of the list. Then you can assign the others by track if you desire. Example.. I drive my Motif and PA80 plus soft synths with it.. My Motif is the primary board so I keep the Midi port it's assigned to ( midiman audiophile in my case ) at the top of the list. Then I select the indiviadual tracks I want to use with my PA80 ( which is connected via my SB live card ) or my soft synths.

Jammer 5 is am completely different interface but works along the same lines. It is better when you want to make your own patterns from scratch because you can now import midi files to help make up style pieces. I find vers 4 to be an easier interface to work with, but in order to make user patterns that are note specific, I have to use # * + or letters / numbers that represent indiviadual notes, and you canot specify specific lengths or other midi data in much detail in vers 4.

AJ

#159380 - 08/20/03 09:12 PM Re: Help you Jammer Pro users!!!
Vquestor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MusiKMan:
Guys, what happened to OMB?
Is there a latest demo?

best,
musikman

www.1manband.nl

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online