Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#159166 - 12/07/05 01:41 AM Re: I Get Along Without You Very Well
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Scott
Good to have you back.
Nice rendition and once more a clear vocal, presumably with your new mic!
Just one question:- I like to listen in stereo with my speakers but for some strange reason, I could not get the balance to work. I notice that you recorded in "Joint Stereo" according to Winamp. Does this mean that it plays back in mono?
cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#159167 - 12/07/05 05:21 AM Re: I Get Along Without You Very Well
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Scott, this is an outstanding vocal. I loved the song, and your playing of it, but the quality of your vocal just left me in awe!

Thanks for sharing.

Graham

#159168 - 12/07/05 06:11 AM Re: I Get Along Without You Very Well
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Your best so far!
Don

#159169 - 12/07/05 07:36 AM Re: I Get Along Without You Very Well
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott , I agree with Don..I think it is your best work to date that I have heard...

#159170 - 12/07/05 07:40 AM Re: I Get Along Without You Very Well
Dnj Offline

Nice Job Scott,
Great style for a Beautiful Song!

#159171 - 12/07/05 10:36 AM Re: I Get Along Without You Very Well
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
......Unfortunately, due to the large file size (7.05Mb), a 56kbps dialup version isn't included. Feedback and comments welcome. - Scott

NOT FAIR ! NOT FAIR ! NOT FAIR !!!

How about an abriged version????

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 12-07-2005).]

#159172 - 12/07/05 07:07 PM Re: I Get Along Without You Very Well
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Cajun100, Freestyle, Claudiu, MrEd, Tony Rome, Zuki, Rice, EricB, Eddie, Graham, DonM, Fran, DNJ, and TonyMads: Thanks guys for taking your time out to listen, as well as for providing (hopefully) candidly honest feedback, especially because I can no longer use the excuse of having a cold.

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeStyle:

I like the piano accompaniment very much!

Freestyle: Glad you enjoyed it, as quite a few rootless style jazz chords were used to give it that unique sound.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
Scotty....nice job on one of my favorate song writters Hoagy Carmichael...Star Dust is my song from him.
Tony, I hope to have the honor of hearing your beautiful vocal rendition of "Stardust", perhaps played along on your Tyros keyboard as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Riceroni9:

Many of us are concerned about the apparent loss of so many of the "Old Guard" here . . . I was afraid you had joined Chico, Wolf and the others. They are such great guys and you have always been so helpful and considerate.

Rice, on behalf of Chico, Wolf, Roel, myself, and any others who may have lefted, it means 'a lot' to hear you say this. Thank you. Though I'm not perhaps as experienced & tough skinned as DonM, have worked in enough bars now, to deal with the baiting barbs, and cat calls from the forums so called '3 ring' SZ circus funny man clowns.

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:

Just one question:- I like to listen in stereo with my speakers but for some strange reason, I could not get the balance to work. I notice that you recorded in "Joint Stereo" according to Winamp. Does this mean that it plays back in mono?

No. Joint Stereo plays back in stereo.

Joint Stereo (vs stereo) is optionally utilized when encoding to MP3. The difference is how the stereo (left and right channel) were handled by the MP3 encoder when the MP3 was made. Stereo looks at the two channels and eliminates everything that is exactly identical. Joint Stereo uses a mathematical equation to change left/right into mid/side, and which saves space, and it also eliminates things that sound identical on both channels (mid vs side rather than left vs right in this case, though). It also checks to make sure that using this method for each tiny chunk of the song (called frames) is better than the simple left-right method. There are times when left-right will sound better than mid-side, and so for these frames, a good Joint Stereo implementation will allow left-right frames to be used.

In some encoders, such as Xing and L3Enc, joint-stereo is badly implemented, and so it's best to just use stereo. In Lame MP3 encoding (of which I use and recommend), it's best to use Joint Stereo, because it's very well-implemented. I currently use and recommend dbPowerAmp Music Converter for all MP3/WMA encoding. It includes & utilizes the MP3 LAME (the BEST!) encoder.

Ok Rice, Tony and others: I've gone ahead and re-posted, not only "I Get Along W/O You Very Well", but my other Tyros2 created Songs as well: "You Don't Know Me", and "California Here I Come". These are now downloadable from my website "SONG DEMOS" page, as Windows Media (.WMA) files, of which two versions are available: DSL-Cable (192kbps) & 56k dialup (32kbps). Windows Media Player is now REQUIRED for playback. Please let me know if you're able to successfully download and hear them: Scott Yee Entertainment Website

Thanks again to everyone for listening.

Scott

#159173 - 12/08/05 01:05 AM Re: I Get Along Without You Very Well
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Scott. . .
Very slick song, really enjoyed it. Your vocal tone is so good, I'm wondering about how you eq the mic in the T2. I'm still not satisfied with what I'm hearing out of mine (of course, maybe it's just me). Tips on settings would be appreciated. Thanks, DerfM

#159174 - 12/08/05 06:17 AM Re: I Get Along Without You Very Well
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Scott,
I can't comment on the song itself, since I am a complete stranger to this kind of music. I dare say that I don't like this music very much, the same way that others don't like heavy metal or country.

But I heard this an other songs you have posted here and I realise that you provide a very refined end result in your performances. They "feel" like a CD, in the sense that I feel they are "consistent" with each other. By "consistent" I don't mean they sound the same but that they have certain aspects and qualities that characterize them and make them part of a bigger scheme.

I can't elaborate further since my English are not that good, and I have been drinking beer, but simply put down, my opinion is positive.
Theodore

#159175 - 12/08/05 06:44 AM Re: I Get Along Without You Very Well
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote from Scott ...
Ok Rice, Tony and others: I've gone ahead and re-posted, not only "I Get Along W/O You Very Well", but my other Tyros2 created Songs as well: "You Don't Know Me", and "California Here I Come". These are now downloadable from my website "SONG DEMOS" page, as Windows Media (.WMA) files, of which two versions are available: DSL-Cable (192kbps) & 56k dialup (32kbps).

Thanks, Scott I'll give a listen ....
t.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online