SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#159023 - 12/26/03 07:36 PM Wow that was fast
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I listed my Roland VK-7 on EBAY with a buy now price..Then I went to dinner, when I came home the money was in my PayPal account..How come I do not have the same results with my Yamaha's?..If someone is interested, my PSR 2100 is on EBAY[I won't remove it from sale this time]...come on guys click on "BUY NOW".....so I can buy a new "Roland"[VR760]

#159024 - 12/26/03 11:29 PM Re: Wow that was fast
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Some people think the VK-7 is better than the VK-8. Personal preference I suppose just like your preference for older Arrangers Fran. Oh well, that's water over the dam now. I wish I would have known you were selling the VK-7. I might have snatched it up in a hurry. Apparently somebody else snatched it up in a hurry. Again, the reason it went so fast IMO is it's an Organ players dream board that outshines the current competition in many respects. PS: I don't think you realized what you really had until it was gone and until I just told you. Don't be surprised if the VR-760 isn't a giant leap forward compared to your no longer in your possession VK-7 Fran. The VR-760 doesn't allow different Keyboard sounds to be parted out through separate Outputs, eg., Organ/Piano/Synth, etc. The VK-7 does, uh; I mean, did - in your case. And you will need an SRX Expansion board on the VR-760 to allow you to use an Organ Bass with your left hand split. The VK-7 already has that feature (no extra expense necessary).

I hope you got want you wanted for the VK-7 Fran. Pssst! If you realized what a treasure you had you more than likely could have made out like hogan's goat selling it for much more than you let it go for. In fact you probably wouldn't have sold it at all. Much like your unwillingness to part with the G1000. But, as long as you are happy with the price you got for it, I'm happy for you. Another PS: Before you spend your dough on the VR-760 you may want to wait to see what shows up at NAMM next month Fran.

Best regards,
Mike

#159025 - 12/27/03 06:53 AM Re: Wow that was fast
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Fran, keep meposted on your VR_760 (Combo) purchase. I'm headed down the same road, looking for that organ/piano/synth board. I thought you could use the piano or synth section to split and play a left hand bass. Oh well, hope to hear all the details when you do make the purchase.

#159026 - 12/27/03 08:22 AM Re: Wow that was fast
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Fran, keep meposted on your VR_760 (Combo) purchase. I'm headed down the same road, looking for that organ/piano/synth board. I thought you could use the piano or synth section to split and play a left hand bass. Oh well, hope to hear all the details when you do make the purchase.

cassp

You can use a left hand Bass but not a left hand Organ Bass. Most Bands already have a Bass player (and most owners of the VR-760 probably Gig with the VR-760) so a left hand Bass although a nice feature is not necessarily essential in most cases. Unless of course your Band doesn't have a Bass player. But my main point is the VR-760 doesn't allow a left hand 'split' "Organ" voice while the VK-7 does. Having the ability to use a left hand Organ Bass "were talking lower registers here" to play simultaneously with a 'right hand' Organ sound to give the overall sound a rich deep and full sound to it would be a more realistic feature to have (for the Gigging musician at least IMO) than to have the ability to play left hand "Bass" which most Bands already have a Bass player as I mentioned. There is the possibility I think to use an Organ Bass in the left hand with the purchase of an SRX Expansion Board, ie., the SRX07 Ultimate Keys expansion board but don't quote me on that. But that is an added expense (at the tune of roughly $300). Plus no additional "assignable Outputs" to part different Voices to other devices, eg., a Leslie sim, etc. The VK-7 has that ability.

Again my suggestion to anyone thinking about getting a B3 clone is to wait for NAMM to see what shows up there. Or if you happen to find a VK-7 floating around anywhere GRAB IT. Another option is to get a Tyros! Yes, indeed; the Tyros won top honors at M.I.P.A. - (Europe's "Music International Press Awards") 2003 for best Organ/Portable Keyboard category beating out both the Korg BX-3 and Roland VK-88 for the top prize. Here is the link to the awards page for those interested in checking it out:
M.I.P.A. 2003 Awards PS: Click the "Keyboard/Software" link. You may still have to scroll down a bit to get to the Organ/Portable Keyboard category. NOTE: Red letter names are the winners in that category.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 12-27-2003).]

#159027 - 12/27/03 10:37 AM Re: Wow that was fast
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Well Mike, you sure know how to burst one's bubble. For over 30 years now I have either played foot or left hand bass Or used an arranger. I've rarely had the luxury of playing with a bass player. I have learned to use all kinds of sounds for my bass. The lower organ sound is not a requirement for me. The VR Combo (as it is now called) should let one split the board and use either a piano or synth patch in the bass area - I can live with that.

I have been mad at myself for 30 yrs. now - since I passed up a Korg CX3 in favor of a Moog Opus3. I've never gotten back to my favorite, the drawbars, except through patches and samples. Even my PSR2000's drawbars leave much to be desired. So, I want the VR because it gives me 76 keys, great piano and synth sections AND the VK drawbars.

#159028 - 12/27/03 11:10 AM Re: Wow that was fast
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hey Fran ,

I can honestly give uncle dave some credit . I started selling gear on ebay with the normal reserve pricing and auction. But now I use buy now "all the time" . It just kind of cuts to the chase and items sell faster . This was suggested by UD.....so thanks UD ! I have made 21 sales on ebay since 09-15-03 . it keeps the cash flow coming in .

BTW ...I have a VR-Combo in stock !
I'm having a rear end clearence . Opps I ment a YEAR end clearence .

Dan O'

------------------
Technics,Ketron Yamaha Casio arranger keyboards .
www.keyboardcity.net
1-866-348-8876

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online