SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#15865 - 03/28/05 05:59 AM Re: expierences with genesys xp
JohanKB Offline

Loc: Zevenbergen, holland
Dave,
Thanks for your replay. But what I meant by changing voices, is it possible to change voices within the style. For instance change the piano in the style in f.e. an organ. So I don't mean the presets.
Secondly there are 128 factory styles and 128 user styles. This is different as what is displayed on the specs on internet.

Greetings Johan

#15866 - 03/28/05 07:21 AM Re: expierences with genesys xp
to the genesys Offline

I hope you don’t mind me chiming in here. But the way I would change voices live in a style is to press function key f1/2 then select one of the eight style tracks and then change the sound to what ever you want it to be. Make sure you are in single sound mode as opposed to sound preset mode.

I use a genesys pro so the procedure I just described may be different on the XP so I stand to be corrected on that.

P.S I am glad you are having time to get familiar with the xp and that everything worked out with you getting the right one. What about the physical quality of the xp? How are the buttons especially the Function keys and the wheel?

#15867 - 03/28/05 08:34 AM Re: expierences with genesys xp
JohanKB Offline

Loc: Zevenbergen, holland
Thanks for your reply. I know what I did wrong. I was not in single sound mode.
About your question.
The XP came in a suitcase. To me it seems that the XP is very solid. The wheel however needs additional protection when you take for a gig. Since I don't do any gigs this is not a great issue for me.

The reason I asked about voice changing is this: the XP comes not with real sounds. They are on the disk but not preinstalled. So now they are user sounds. Now I can try to put these real sounds in the styles.

Greetings Johan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online