SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#158605 - 08/19/02 10:40 PM KORG N364
sunnycool Offline

Loc: india
Opinions about the Korg N364 pls..and also what can I do if I pair it up with my PSR 740.How would the combination be?

#158606 - 08/20/02 06:24 AM Re: KORG N364
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Well lets see here.... The Korg N364 and the PSR-740 are in two different classes... They both have 64 note poly, but the Korg adds aftertouch, full synth engine, way better sequencer with a pattern track. Ability to assign patterns and phrases to keys to play live or to sequence (this is a neat feature) I think Korg calls it RPPR, which I believe translates to Real Time Pattern, Play and Record.. Not sure but I think that's what it means. The Korg also has way better action and it's built like a tank.. The Korg is well built for live performance. Granted you'll probably find a few sounds you like better on the PSR, like the sweet voices and so forth, but the Korg has some good sounds and gives the ability to edit them. With the 740 you have an added vocalizer and organ drawbars. The 740 also has a much better display. The Korg's isn't bad, but some consider it a bit small. Also if you're used to Yamaha keyboards, it may take some time to get used to the Korg.. You'll find they are quite different to operate. Together they would make a great pair... There's so much you can do with the two. If you have the the funds to get one I suggest you do.. The N364 has been out for some time now and the prices have really dropped (at least here in the US) Some places here are selling them for under $1,000.....

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-20-2002).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#158607 - 08/20/02 06:34 AM Re: KORG N364
Shakil Offline

Just to let you know about KORG RPPR.

The patterns are not like arranger keyboards.
They won't change chord. So you will have to create a pattern for each chord.
The patterns are not multitimberal. One pattern for each part. So you will also need a pattern for each track.
One pattern can be mapped to one key on keyboard. The mapped key can't be used to play regular sounds.

So. If you have 4 variations of a 5 track pattern, and 4 chord changes. You will need 80 patterns. And you will need 80 keys on the keyboard. If you map all keys, you can't play a sound live. Because every key is playing a pattern.

#158608 - 08/20/02 07:20 AM Re: KORG N364
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Shakil,
Are you sure they are not multitemberal? I had a keyboard that allowed you to assign patterns to keys, and it didn't take 80+ keys to do chord changes. You just assign the pattern to a key, transpose it and move to the next... I don't see how you need 80 patterns. If you make 4 variations and 4 chord changes per variation that falls well below 80 patterns.. You then just go into the pattern track and chain them together. Unless there's something I'm missing that you're saying
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#158609 - 08/20/02 01:37 PM Re: KORG N364
Shakil Offline

Well, atleast in KORG Triton world the patterns are not multitimberal.
Which keyboard you tried from KORG?

Yamaha and ROLAND patterns are multitimberal.

4 variations X 5 Tracks = 20 patterns
20 pattern x 4 chord variations = 80 patterns

[This message has been edited by Shakil (edited 08-20-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online