SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96020 - 08/19/02 12:59 PM Genesys in full view, sound downloads etc
eyrec Offline

Loc: UK
Check out General music's site which is http://www.generalmusic.com/ and you'll see the Genesys in full view, now with sound file downloads and even the operating manuals to download. I thought this would be the reason for their site being down a few days.
Great sounds and features. Mine will be on order shortly, when I can find a distributor doing a good price.

#96021 - 08/19/02 01:04 PM Re: Genesys in full view, sound downloads etc
eyrec Offline

Just a question if anyone can answer.
The speakers on the Genesys pictures appear to be always upright. Does the panel actually fold flat? If it doesn't, you'd need a funny shaped flight case.

#96022 - 08/19/02 01:30 PM Re: Genesys in full view, sound downloads etc
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The speakers do not fold down. You will need a special designed case. Where do you live? If you are in the USA you can contact me for a price.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#96023 - 08/19/02 02:50 PM Re: Genesys in full view, sound downloads etc
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Eyrec,

A while ago I talked to a man from this place here called "musicallyyours" (in Staffordshire)
And he sounded as though he knew what he was talking about. Give then a Bell tomorrow and see what price they do on the Gem-Genesys

Good luck

Tony

#96024 - 08/19/02 04:41 PM Re: Genesys in full view, sound downloads etc
Dnj Offline

what do you guys think of the styles demos?

#96025 - 08/19/02 09:24 PM Re: Genesys in full view, sound downloads etc
sk880user Offline

I believe that demo never give the true picture of a keyboard. The WK8 demo sounded so ugly to the extent it is unbelievable. But the sk880 styles and sounds were way better.

Here is what I thought about the demo:

1) the bass in basie was good, in fact, exceptionally good.

2) The instruments selected were at least as good as my sk880.

But otherwise, there is nothing so special about the demo for the following reasons:

1) the type of styles they used were boring. They did not use any ballads!!!!!!!!!!! If you do not have good ballads, you do not have good styles.

2) They did not concentrate on Solo Nylon Guitar playing a theme in a minor song... they did not concentrate on a nice natural acoustic trumpet or luch classical quartet of strings... I mean listen at the demos that Solton X1 provided.

3) They did not select the sounds and styles that make genesys very exceptional. Each keyboard has those styles or sounds, why not concentrate on them.

4) The melodies they played were not beautiful, the concentration were on the major scale. The world could surive on minor scales alone.... but certainly not the major scale alone.

But I believe that the real genesys is way better than the demo. So do not judge the book by the cover.

#96026 - 08/19/02 09:33 PM Re: Genesys in full view, sound downloads etc
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by sk880user:
The world could surive on minor scales alone.... but certainly not the major scale alone.

Are you serious?

#96027 - 08/20/02 06:05 AM Re: Genesys in full view, sound downloads etc
sk880user Offline

Uncle Dave,

Of course, I am not. This is just an extra reaction for the apathy towards the minor scales. I remember when I was studying music at college, my professor insisted that minor is "SAD".

So I say that if minor is sad, major is boring.

#96028 - 08/20/02 10:15 AM Re: Genesys in full view, sound downloads etc
eyrec Offline

Quite a few ballads are written in minor keys and minor is definitely not sad. I find that minor key songs have more feeling in them.
These may not be the demos that are found inside the Genesys keyboard, they sound more like a few bars of random styles to me. They were not a patch on the demos of the Ketron SD1 I own, so come on guys, we need to here the actual sounds of the Genesys (piano, strings, organs, sax, guitars...) not some style with one of the ending buttons pressed - how do they expect people to buy one listening to these snippets.
For me the ability to record to CD is most tempting as I'm fed up of having to hook up everything to my PC. I also checked out the Wersi Abacus a while ago but the price was far too expensive considering it had poor quality sounds and styles.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online