SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15804 - 05/31/05 05:41 AM XP problems
Peter UK Offline

Loc: UK
I want to use my PC keyboard to input chords/lyrics to my XP, as the manual recommends. When I connect keyboard to XP I get no power from XP. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I have some old WX samples I would like to use, but despite many attempts, cannot get these to load from floppy disks.
Any help would be appreciated.

#15805 - 05/31/05 06:55 AM Re: XP problems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Peter,

Several things to check;

You are trying to use a standard 'PC type' computer keyboard, correct?

Please check that the keyboard is active by pressing the System button, highlighting PC Keyboard/Computer and pressing Enter.

The option to the left with the PC keyboard icon should be highlighted and active (ON).

Also make sure that the PC keyboard is connected BEFORE powering up the Genesys as the I/O ports are scanned at boot-up.

Finally, once the above points have been met, press the 'Num Lock' button and tell me if the associated LED illuminates on the PC keyboard. If it does, you should be good to go. If not, it's on to step two.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15806 - 06/01/05 02:20 AM Re: XP problems
Peter UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the help. I did what you said and managed to get the PC keyboard to respond to writing lyrics. However, of more interest to me is a quick & easy method of inserting chord symbols in the score. Is this possible using a PC keyboard?
When I move into chord mode on the edit score page of the XP....there is no response no matter what I press on the keyboard. Am I stuck with having to use my midi keyboard to import chords?
Thanks again. I look forward to your reply.

#15807 - 06/01/05 10:33 AM Re: XP problems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Peter,

I don't believe it is possible to insert chord symbols by using the PC keyboard, sorry. I will check into this just to be sure and let you know if I learn any tricks.

I forgot to comment on your WX sample disk question. This may work. Try copying the samples from the floppy onto the hard drive and then loading the samples from the hard drive. I am pretty sure that these two instruments are not compatible but this is something you can try. Good luck.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15808 - 06/01/05 02:36 PM Re: XP problems
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
hi dave and peter, sorry for jumping in here, but it is possible if you instal a specific musical symbols font, now this is a painless and simple process on your PC, but im not sure about the XP..
dennis

#15809 - 06/02/05 12:36 PM Re: XP problems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Peter,

You must enter chords in the Score Editor via the Genesys keyboard. Move to the appropriate event and the play the chord on the left side of the keyboard and the chord symbol will appear on the score. Advance to the next event and continue.

Hope this helps,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online