SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#157897 - 03/05/05 08:16 AM XG WORKS help needed!
Arbaz Offline

Hello everyone,

Can you load Yamaha PSR styles in XG Works, I do know that there are few styles are in there which utilize the auto arranger feature of the program but can you add more style into that? the styles which are provided are ending in .STX extension? and the styles I have are in .prs extension? can you make new auto arranger styles in XG works? like from MIDI file?

Thanks,

#157898 - 03/05/05 09:55 AM Re: XG WORKS help needed!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
You can load new styles into XG works. Just add into the existing subfolders or make new subfolders that are inside of the "Style" folder. If I remember right, I think I had to change the .prs extensions to .sty ( XG works will recognize .stx and .sty files ).

You cannot make new styles in the program itself, unless you know how to add all of the casm and marker data. You would then have to change the .mid extension to .sty.

There is a much easier way. Michael P Bedesem's style maker program does all of this for you. You can set his program up so that XG works is the sequencer that it uses to work with the midi data.

AJ

#157899 - 03/05/05 03:28 PM Re: XG WORKS help needed!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi ,
you can also create & edit psr styles ( including from midifiles) using One Man Band ( unfortunately it's not free though) http://www.1manband.nl/omb.htm

It also has an arranger window where you can type in a chord progression & put in the style parts and save as midifile ( similar to what xg works does)

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Arbaz:
Hello everyone,

.prs extension? can you make new auto arranger styles in XG works? like from MIDI file?

Thanks,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online