SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#157834 - 10/30/06 09:06 AM Help w/ IDC setup for PSR3000
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
I would like to set up my PSR3000 with the IDC. I have cable internet. What exactly all do I need to make it happen? My computer is wired to a cable box the cable guy installed. I would like to go wireless so that I can use the IDC on my PSR and also access the internet on another computer in another room of my apt. Any computer whiz out there who can give me advice?
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#157835 - 10/30/06 09:15 AM Re: Help w/ IDC setup for PSR3000
Dnj Offline

STEP 1 - HOW TO GET CONNECTED
First of all you need to establish a direct connection between your Yamaha compatible IDC keyboard and your internet connection. This can be achieved by linking directly to your broadband modem (only if a log-in is not required to connect to your internet access) or by using a router. Dial up modem connections are not supported!

To connect to Ethernet on your modem or router, you need a USB to Ethernet converter which can be purchased for around £20. You will also need to check this list to make sure you buy a compatible adaptor: http://music.yamaha.com/servicesTypeIDCUSB.html

If you have a PC, you may wish to purchase a router for your internet, so you can share with multiple machines in your home including your Yamaha keyboard with IDC. Routers have become far simpler to set up for home networks and make sharing multiple connections possible. A router basically allows you to have more then one device connecting to the internet at any one time so you do not have to switch cables each time you want to use your Yamaha keyboard or your PC.

If you have a wireless home network through a router, you can also buy devices that create a link from your keyboard to your router if you do not want the extra wires or your internet connection is in another room from your keyboard.

STEP 2 - REGISTER
To use this service you first are required to register on Yamaha's website to fully experience all the features.

https://music.yamaha.com/serviceRegistration.html

You will be asked to fill in information including your name, email address, password, address and country and other essential registration information. A form of payment such as Credit Card will be needed of complete registration. This is so you have the access to buy any styles or other available media from Yamaha.

STEP 3 - ACCESSING INTERNET DIRECT CONNECTION
By accessing this facility you can now download songs, styles and other information that will aid in your keyboard playing.

To navigate you simple press the LCD buttons that point to the area you wish to view. You will also need to use the alpha-numeric keyboard if you wish to enter any information.

For more information, please visit:
http://music.yamaha.com/servicesTypeIDC.html

#157836 - 10/30/06 01:05 PM Re: Help w/ IDC setup for PSR3000
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Donny, thanks for the quick and helpful information. I'll be working on it this week.

Regards,
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#157837 - 10/30/06 01:39 PM Re: Help w/ IDC setup for PSR3000
Dnj Offline

Good Luck Tim

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online