SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15743 - 07/24/03 09:03 AM editing styles
iagiob Offline

Loc: hudson fl
I have the genesys and would like to know is there and easy way to do the following..
Using a factory style preset.How to add another instrument.How to change out one instrument for another.
I have read the manuals but I must be missing some thing because I dont see that info.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

#15744 - 07/24/03 09:31 PM Re: editing styles
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
This is easy to do. If I understand you correctly you want to make a new style preset......meaning you want to change the sounds you play on the right hand while playing the style. The style presets allow for 10 different combinations. The factory usually gives you six to start and you can add 4 more or you can erase theirs and use yours. Here's what to do. From the main screen select the section called keyboard parts....not style parts. Here you can change from two uppers and two lowers or just use one upper. You must first use the function buttons on the left to select the upper one or upper two section and then after you select it hit the same function button again to either mute or turn the track on. You know you've turned it on when you see an icon of a keyboard rather than a mute icon. Once you've selected the part you then go and choose any preset sound or individual voice sound (or if you are layering two you select two different sounds) and when you are happy with these sounds and you've used the volume sliders to adjust the level of one or both you then hit the write button all the way over on the right side of the keyboard. Now you have some choices. You will see I beleive (I'm at home right now and doing all of this from memory) Preset, Performance and style preset. Choose style preset by using the cursor to move over to this. You will now see three boxes under the choice for naming, what's in the current location and now you can choose an empty location or overwrite onto one you don't care about. When you do this and then hit enter, your sounds will be memorized as a style preset. Now, whenever you call up this style, when you hit style preset you will see your new selection along with the ones already there. I beleive, but am not sure, that whatever is in location 1(top left) will be the one called up when you recall a style but I'm not positive if you can change this or not.
I hope this helps,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#15745 - 07/25/03 11:45 AM Re: editing styles
iagiob Offline

Thank you George for the info .yes that worked and I was able to change and add as
you indicated....once I realised that the write button you referred to was called store.I did not see the connection to that as it seemed to relate to the memories.
Thanks again for the help.

Iagiob

#15746 - 07/25/03 12:36 PM Re: editing styles
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Glad it worked. After I wrote everything down I only hoped I didn't mess up or miss any steps because when I don't have the keyboard in front of me it is much harder to think of all the steps or in this case the names of the buttons!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#15747 - 07/26/03 12:49 PM Re: editing styles
iagiob Offline

I made a new style as per your info and then I wanted to save it as a new one and add it as a separate one keeping the original one.
but no luck.I thought maybe I could say copy an original one to the user area and then modify it then save it..
Still trying....
Another thought...changing the variations 1-4 is ok,but why cant it change the RHand instrument..like the KN7000& Tyros.Maybe a registration would do it.
Any way thanks again for the help

Iagiob

#15748 - 07/26/03 02:16 PM Re: editing styles
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
You can setup a Preset to change the sounds in the right hand. They are acessed in the preset area of the style. You will note most styles have 4 suggested sounds for a preset and normally there are 4 left blank that you can change. The Stlye Preset button is located in the style select area.

Hope this helps,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#15749 - 07/28/03 07:29 AM Re: editing styles
iagiob Offline

Thanks again for the info I now txfr the styles to the user section and edit there,so I keep the factory settings.
Re the variations when going from 1-4 the variation changes but not the right hand instrument.On the kn7000& tyros this is automatic and is very handy,I use a foot pedal to effect the change,but on the Genesys you have to do them individually.
I can move the variations on the genesys
using the foot pedal but there is no way to change the rh other than using your hand to do it.
Sorry to be a bit long winded but I cant
see any where in the setup etc to do this .
Once again thanks
Iagiob

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online