SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15720 - 08/18/06 10:29 AM XP midi settings restored !!
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
The continuing saga ,midi settings restored a new back up autoload set up and saved also to cd!!
Still no Harmony function (it will wait until dave McM returns !!)

Sonola , yes you are right there are a lot of extra user styles on the set up Cd that had not been loaded into my XP .
Some a very good !!

The one thing i have noticed and I'm sure you will know the answer is this :-

Example ;- loaded, miller band, accomps all play but where are the right hand parts ??

Technics would have automatically given a choice of 4 variations and 4 right hand set up settings ?

Am i still missing some thing ?

Regards ............Giovanni

#15721 - 08/18/06 04:13 PM Re: XP midi settings restored !!
sonola Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Giovanni, I'm venturing into unknown waters here, as I am just learning the XP as well. If you select the User5 style MillerSlow then hit the StylePresets button the display will show four StylePreset options, the top being MillerBand1. Let's assume you chose MillerBand1. I think you got this far. If you hit the StylePresets button again while MillerBand1 was hilited, you will see a display screen such as shown on the bottom left of page 58 of the owner's manual. If you then hit F5 or F6 next to the Parts options, it will take you to display screen that will show what sounds are assigned to the Keyboard parts. This is like what is shown on the bottom right of page 58. For MillerBand1, Part 1 is SynStrg7, Part 2 is Acoustic Bass, Part 7 is Folk Clarinet and Part 8 is Real Alto. Changing the splits alters the use of these parts. Also, the Harmony button under the Sound Controls section of the XP console alters the use of these sounds. I don't know if this is what you were asking, but it helped me learn a little more!!!!!! Thanks

#15722 - 08/19/06 01:08 AM Re: XP midi settings restored !!
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Well the midi settings have remained set over night so far so good !!!

The Style on the CD are very good and well produced (I always thought there was much more to this XP module than I was getting out of it !!)

I've loaded all the extra styles .
Sonola , thanks for the extra tips , it is a great help ....many thanks

Giovanni

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online